"Bloat" - Second Biggest Killer In Dogs

Introduce yourself and have a general conversation. What are you talking about today?

Re: "Bloat" - Second Biggest Killer In Dogs

Postby saloongirl » Fri May 30, 2008 4:35 pm

I use arden grange too for my dog and 3 cats. It is one of the best (also cruelty free too if you are against animal experiments). I'm glad broccolli, cauliflower etc is safe, I wasn't sure if wind caused bloat, not that he's windy but just checking for future reference.
SAVE A HORSE - RIDE A COWBOY
saloongirl
Suspect

Re: "Bloat" - Second Biggest Killer In Dogs

Postby NeverPebbles » Fri May 30, 2008 4:53 pm

But I have always put their food down and let them eat as and when they want. Whether I have been lucky but none of my dogs have been greedy and woofed down the whole bowl, they tend to be little and often eaters, but I do watch and make sure they don't overload on dry food.

That's the way I feed mine too, bjr. They have a bowl of good local dried food available all the time with water available upstairs/downstairs/outside all the time; and late afternoon they get a small portion of one of the better moist foods. And I have to confess that they get two Winalot biscuits when they go to bed! They are small active dogs and I think grazing as and when they feel the need suits their smaller stomachs.
'They've taken her!'
Who, Kate? Who 'took' your daughter?
NeverPebbles
On Parole

Previous

Return to Lounge/What are you talking about