I'm going to quit smoking....

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Re: I'm going to quit smoking....

Postby wjk » Sat May 24, 2008 11:06 am

:D Glad Fluffy is safe and well Adonia
I hope she makes a full recovery
Justice for Maddie
wjk
New In Town

Postby smurf » Sat May 24, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi Adonia,

It's good to hear Fluffy returned to her Mummy :D
Hope she recovers well.

Yes, I'm still smoke free :D ..
I've been spending a lot of time reading on the http://quitsmoking.about.com/...and I think it helped me to keep it up.

When are you going to join me?

Smurfy
smurf
Suspect

Postby Adonia » Sat May 24, 2008 2:47 pm

coeeeee its only me.... :mrgreen:
im grining like a cheshire cat....

heres the story as it unfolded.... i had to come on here FIRST to let you all know five minutes afer her safe return....

my friends and i were chatting and heard a pitifull cry and i thought it was my other cat in my sons bedroom as she sleeps in there as it was gone 1 oclock this am...anyway not her, so i went outside and the other side of my high garden fence there was fluffy very much the worst for wear..she tried to scale the fence but was too weak..so i sprinted in to action round to the other side of the fence....so after chasing her as she ran under a car scared i persuaded her to come for some cat buscuits and she did..
bless her she was absolutly starving..ive rang the vets etc they say feed her little and often... i think another couple of days i wouldnt be here telling the tale... as shes been starving since the 12th may godbless her.. so a very happy ending...

thought id share this with you as i have been supported so much from well wishers from the 3AS to comfort me in my sad time..
thankyou everyone and big cyber hug coming to you all xxx :D

shes now sleeping it off... :mrgreen:

And to add ive been giving her a dilute soution of water sugar and a bit of salt for her dehydration...shes not out of the woods yet but im doing the best i can..bless her she was without food and water for 12 days/nights... :( but my ex nursing is coming in handy) as i worked in emi for a while in my past...

hopefully in a couple of days she will be feeling better... xxx :D

bbl fluffy needs me right now shes really not well .... :(

......justice for madeleine............
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby lioned » Sat May 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Good news Adonia,has fluffy told you where she's been yet ?
lioned
Local Lag

Postby Adonia » Sat May 24, 2008 6:43 pm

lioned wrote:Good news Adonia,has fluffy told you where she's been yet ?

Good evening lioned.. :D hope youre well.. :mrgreen:

sorry had to rush off earlier fluffy is ever so weak and was making funny noises so i had to go to her..gave her solution she had a little more to eat and went to bed for a couple of hours with me ahhh bless.. :mrgreen:

she was letting off wind like a good un...stunk out my bed she did.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

she keeps looking at me with pitifull eyes shes had the run down of wandering off dont think she will do it again ..i went to lock my front door earlier she must of thought i was putting her outside and tried to jump out of my arms scared bless... lioned i dont think shes got much of a story to tell as she hasnt been fighting or anything, me thinks she was shut in some where and was let out yesterday sometime.

anyway back to quitting im now on my last fag again and me thinks i can muster it this time... :shock:

how are you doing lioned well i hope you give us inspiration too thankyou take care all my love Adonia xxx :D

....justice for madeleine....
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby Snowleopard » Sat May 24, 2008 8:13 pm

That is a good result Adonia, glad you have got your puddy cat back. So nice that she is okay if a little frazzled and in need of some tlc.
Snowleopard
Local Lag

Postby lioned » Sat May 24, 2008 10:40 pm

Adonia wrote:
lioned wrote:Good news Adonia,has fluffy told you where she's been yet ?

Good evening lioned.. :D hope youre well.. :mrgreen:

sorry had to rush off earlier fluffy is ever so weak and was making funny noises so i had to go to her..gave her solution she had a little more to eat and went to bed for a couple of hours with me ahhh bless.. :mrgreen:

she was letting off wind like a good un...stunk out my bed she did.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

she keeps looking at me with pitifull eyes shes had the run down of wandering off dont think she will do it again ..i went to lock my front door earlier she must of thought i was putting her outside and tried to jump out of my arms scared bless... lioned i dont think shes got much of a story to tell as she hasnt been fighting or anything, me thinks she was shut in some where and was let out yesterday sometime.

anyway back to quitting im now on my last fag again and me thinks i can muster it this time... :shock:

how are you doing lioned well i hope you give us inspiration too thankyou take care all my love Adonia xxx :D

....justice for madeleine....

Still doing good thanks Adonia. Day 121 now for me,been ok today just thought about 'it' a couple of times !! Hope fluffy's 'wind' passes.
lioned
Local Lag

Postby somthinfishie » Tue May 27, 2008 7:27 pm

Oh Adonia ,I`m so happy that Fluffy has got back,hope she`s doing well now.Best wishes to you and yours.xxx~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Fri May 30, 2008 1:39 pm

Does anyone know the chances of contracting lung cancer if I carry on smoking :?:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby lioned » Fri May 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Tripz wrote:Does anyone know the chances of contracting lung cancer if I carry on smoking :?:

You can be sure it increases your chances,but i suspect it is still a 'lottery' if it hits you or not.

Day 127 for me i think,starting to loose count so that cant be bad,saving i recon about £4 per day so that is over £500 squid now,but i have had a couple of rough days this week thinking about it and some family get togethers were the drinks have flowed doesnt help,but still hanging on to my lungs. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
lioned
Local Lag

Postby Tripz » Fri May 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Good on you lioned... :bounce: :) :bounce:

I guess you're right bout it being a lottery whether one gets the dreaded 'dirty dancer' or not...how much in percentage terms do you think the risk is heightened to if a smoker :?:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Previous

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum