Ashes to Ashes

Discuss your favourite TV/Film, past and present. Please put all your favourite YouTube Videos, Music and Media here for everybody to enjoy.

Re: Ashes to Ashes

Postby okwithmydecay » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:57 pm

The last but one ep tonight and I am sort of hoping they will not do anymore :( . Looking back I know it would never be as good as LOM. I really just don't know what I think of Ashes to Ashes.
Last edited by okwithmydecay on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one.
okwithmydecay
Been Cautioned

Postby okwithmydecay » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:48 pm

I went shopping today and seen they had a Ashes to Ashes soundtrack album :shock: . I also seen the LOM soundtrack album last year and think I would rather buy that one. I always loved the LOM soundtrack more then I do ATA. Maybe cos I was a teen in the 80's and still would rather forget :lol: :lol: :lol:
okwithmydecay
Been Cautioned

Postby jeangenie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:43 pm

okwithmydecay wrote:The last but one ep tonight and I am sort of hoping they will not do anymore :( . Looking back I know it would never be as good as LOM. I really just don't know what I think of Ashes to Ashes.

Did you watch the seventh episode tonight - edge of chair, gripping stuff I thought. Extremely funny in parts., full of pathos in others and quite dark.

Try not to compare it with LOM - you will perhaps enjoy it more as a stand alone series. LOM was brilliant, A2A is also in its own way.

The second series starts filming in, I think, September, with possibly an option for a third!
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Orwell
jeangenie
Been Cautioned

Postby diddy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:18 am

Didn't enjoy last nights much.
Found it quite boring.
Plus when they were beatng that guy up, seemed to go on too long.
But there were also a few bits where I laughed out loud.
But it doesn't look like it'll be resolved next week!
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby okwithmydecay » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:45 pm

jeangenie wrote:
okwithmydecay wrote:The last but one ep tonight and I am sort of hoping they will not do anymore :( . Looking back I know it would never be as good as LOM. I really just don't know what I think of Ashes to Ashes.

Did you watch the seventh episode tonight - edge of chair, gripping stuff I thought. Extremely funny in parts., full of pathos in others and quite dark.

Try not to compare it with LOM - you will perhaps enjoy it more as a stand alone series. LOM was brilliant, A2A is also in its own way.

The second series starts filming in, I think, September, with possibly an option for a third!

Yes I watched it and loved it, best ep so far. Loved Gene in this (reminded me more how he was in LOM), hope the last ep is as good. What I am going to do after next weeks ep is watch them all again. I will aways think they will never match the great music they had in LOM though.
okwithmydecay
Been Cautioned

Postby diddy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:50 pm

Any thoughts on the last ep?
Couldn't really get the point of it being GH who took her hand after the bomb went off.
Afterall, if that had really happened, she would perhaps had kept in touch?
And if Layton knew the truth about her father, and was blackmailing Evan, why would he kill Alex?
Like LOM, I am now more confused after first series!
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby diddy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:23 pm

I guess the father must have had something wrong.
To "take out" the whole family because your wife had an affair?
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby okwithmydecay » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:20 pm

See I think she is in a coma and also Gene is in her mind only. So the way I see it is Evan is at her bed side and confessed everything and deep in her mind she can hear him. Now for Gene I think he took her hand cos she is not ready to wake up and also she maybe does not want to, in other words Gene is Sam's and her alter ego which is why he is more softer in Ashes to ashes (well I think he is). I could be wrong but that makes sense to me.

I think in the coming weeks BBC website might have a Ashes to ashes screen saver up. I hate the fact we now have to wait a year for it to start again :cry:
okwithmydecay
Been Cautioned

Postby diddy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:23 pm

[quote="Poppyflowers"
++++

I'll have to watch it again. I'll check if it's on iplayer ad view again tonight. I don't think Gene is 'softer', if anything, I think he is a bit more brittle. Matter's not as I could still eat him on a butty :love4: :love4: :love4:[/quote]

Why is it such an attractive character?
I love his voice, and there's a sort of child sulky look that I love.
It's the sort of role you just can't imagine any one else doing.

But I loved John Sim.
Currently rewatching The Lakes.

Anyone here watch "Clocking Off"?

Caught some of series one, but keep missing it at the moment, or forgetting to record. :oops:
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby okwithmydecay » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:41 pm

diddy wrote:[quote="Poppyflowers"
++++

I'll have to watch it again. I'll check if it's on iplayer ad view again tonight. I don't think Gene is 'softer', if anything, I think he is a bit more brittle. Matter's not as I could still eat him on a butty :love4: :love4: :love4:

Why is it such an attractive character?
I love his voice, and there's a sort of child sulky look that I love.
It's the sort of role you just can't imagine any one else doing.

But I loved John Sim.
Currently rewatching The Lakes.

Anyone here watch "Clocking Off"?

Caught some of series one, but keep missing it at the moment, or forgetting to record. :oops:[/quote]

I have never watched Clocking off always wanted to. I really liked The Lakes series 1. 2 was good but never as good as 1. Just brought state of play on DVD Phil and john simms and Bill Nighy oh what joy also very good write ups I can't wait to watch it 8)
okwithmydecay
Been Cautioned

Postby okwithmydecay » Wed May 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Have you seen this :?: what do you think :?:
Meet the U.S Gene Hunt as America remakes Life on Mars
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1773

Life On Mars hero Gene Hunt is famous for his time travelling, but the fictitious detective is also travelling the world, with the announcement of a US remake of the award-winning police drama today.

US network ABC yesterday closed the deal to pick up the a US Life On Mars pilot, written by Ally McBeal creator David E Kelley, who had bought the rights to the show.

Scroll down for more

Let's get 'em: The American cast of Life Of Mars, with Colm Meaney as Gene Hunt, Jason O'Hara as Sam Tyler and Rachelle LeFevre as Annie Cartwright

Stuck in the Eighties: Philip Glenister and the gang in the BBC version
Life On Mars recreated the grim realities of Manchester in 1973 and revolved around the foibles of its magnetic protagonist: the hard-living chauvinist Detective Chief Inspector Hunt.

The ABC plans to roll out a full series of the show for American broadcast, after the British original attracted a viewing audience of seven million for its final episode in April 2007.

Scroll down for more

Gene Hunt as played by Irishman Colm Meaney, left, and originally by Philip Glenister, right and below, Sam Tyler's US and UK counterparts John O'Mara and John Simm
And for the plum role as our modern-day macho detective transported back to the Seventies the producers have chosen Irish actor Colm Meaney as Hunt, who was played in the British series by Philip Glenister.

Fellow Irishman Jason O'Hara will play sidekick Sam Tyler and Rachel LeFevre is a glamorous counterpart of Liz Wright for the role of Annie Cartwright.

The US announcement comes only months after Spanish commercial broadcaster Antena 3 signed a deal to remake the Life On Mars, but setting in 1978, to side-step the grimmer aspects of the Franco dictatorship which bore down the country in 1973.

The original version of Life on Mars picked up the audience award at last year's BAFTAs, and spawned the sequel Ashes to Ashes.

Rachelle LeFevre takes over the role of Annie Cartwright from UK actress Liz Wright
...................................................................................................................................................

I know this last year, but was sort of hoping it would not come off :roll:
okwithmydecay
Been Cautioned

Previous

Return to TV/Film/Music/Media/Video