To producers of Eastenders.

Discuss your favourite TV/Film, past and present. Please put all your favourite YouTube Videos, Music and Media here for everybody to enjoy.

To producers of Eastenders.

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri May 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Please get some new writers.

That is all.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Re: To producers of Eastenders.

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri May 16, 2008 7:19 pm

Actually, that is not all. Hollyoaks, and Emmerdale, you too.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby Meadow » Fri May 16, 2008 7:24 pm

They should get the award for the most depressive programme on t.v.
Should come with a health warning, keep the prozac ready.
Meadow
Local Lag

Postby bugalugs1970 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:25 pm

i take it it was c*** again tonight......
I'm on the payroll........WHAT...you didn't know!!!!!!
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Savekids/
http://www.truthformadeleine.com
bugalugs1970
Mafia Boss

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri May 16, 2008 7:31 pm

bugalugs1970 wrote:i take it it was c*** again tonight......

You take it correctly! :lol:
I like Coronation Street, but even that has its "moments." It seems more consistent, but that's just my opinion. Some people I know say it is too boring for them. I say Emmerdale wins that contest. :wink: No offense to anyone who likes it, btw. <ducks>
The one I like the most, believe it or not, is Doctors. You can watch an episode, and not watch again for a while, and not be totally lost, or watch it for the first time, and each episode seems self contained. You don't have to know the whole background to understand what's going on.
The other one that's ok, is Holby, but I don't know if that even comes under a Soap Opera.
But, Eastenders. OMG. I don't know if I should even start ranting about why it sucks. I might never stop.
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby bugalugs1970 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Holby.....now your talking..Abra's back....christ i would love to get him in the sack........ :lol: :lol: Don't mind Dr Burn jnr either.
bugalugs1970
Mafia Boss

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri May 16, 2008 7:42 pm

OK, I'll rant.
First, it's so unbelievable. I know it's a soap, hardly a bastion of reality, but you can only suspend disbelief so far.
I remember a recent episode where one of Bianca's kids, can't even remember her name, is drawing with chalk on the ground outside Mrs. Masood's house. Mrs. Masood charges out and starts yapping about the mess. Now, if someone was talking about my kid like that for drawing with CHALK, which will wash away when it rains, and on the PUBLIC sidewalk, I would lose it with said motormouth.
Later in that episode, the kid, I think her name is Morgan, leaves her house with some soap and water and is cleaning up the mess. Mrs. Masood is like, oh we will be friends. She tells the kid that maybe the kid can help her water her plants. So, this young child dumps soapy water into her plants, when she is done cleaning the sidewalk. Mrs. Masood storms out, GRABS this kid, huffs and puffs over to Bianca's house and starts kicking off about the price of the plants, and wants the price reimbursed. Bianca says something like, if anyone is going to badmouth my kids, it is going to be me! And, then slams the door.
Now, how unrealistic is this? In the East End? Yeah, grabbing other people's kids and mouthing off to them about their kid -with no repercussions- is going to happen.
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri May 16, 2008 7:44 pm

bugalugs1970 wrote:Holby.....now your talking..Abra's back....christ i would love to get him in the sack........ :lol: :lol: Don't mind Dr Burn jnr either.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's back! I haven't been able to watch recently.
Swooonoon.
Have I missed anything interesting?
When he left, he broke Kyla's heart, did he not?
I have to get back into the show.
Thanks for telling me.
Faint.
:lol: 8)
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri May 16, 2008 7:46 pm

Meadow wrote:They should get the award for the most depressive programme on t.v.
Should come with a health warning, keep the prozac ready.

LOL! Yes! When Bianca first came on and was sleeping in a bus shelter with her children , I was depressed for the rest of the night. :shock:
:wink:
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby bugalugs1970 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:52 pm

OI........he is mine......got it....... :lol: :lol:

Agree with eastenders, i hang my head in shame that i actually watch it at times. I do like Shirley and Heather they crack me up. No decent tottie in eastenders at mo they need to bring back Grant, Truemans son was rather tasty...the one that got killed. Hmmm having said that Sean might be worth ago...... :lol: :lol:

I love the way they haven their token gays, token asians, token blacks etc. The eastend ain't nothing like what they portray, cracked me up the other night when ma masood was chatting on the phone in english whilst Bianca was waiting to get her child benefit......come on script writers get a grip.
bugalugs1970
Mafia Boss

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri May 16, 2008 8:01 pm

LOL. You summed up Eastenders very succinctly. The writers are terrible at portraying various ethnicities, and races; and also awful at portraying homosexuality. The characterization seems forced, and offensively trite.
I have loved Ade Edmonson since the Young Ones. I didn't get to see the Young Ones on tv, since I was a kid, and in America, LOL, but when I got older, I was able to find the videotapes, and watched them over and over.
I like Bottom, too. And Filthy Rich and Catflap.
I have told my husband, who likes Ade and Rik Mayall, too, that as good as Ade is at comedy, he is amazing at drama. Once I got over waiting for him to say something funny, I started to take him seriously as a drama actor.
So, if you MUST have him, I will make do with Rik. :wink: 8)
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby bugalugs1970 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:08 pm

Deal...

Ade has aged wonderfully, men often seem to age better than us poor women....... :lol:
i used to (still do) love the young ones it has to be one of the best ever shows on tv, effing hilarious. Bottom was awesome too.

Ade is great as a drama actor, he still has that air of humour about him mind, its the facial expressions i think. Hope he don't get back with that damn Kyla, she gets right up my nose.
bugalugs1970
Mafia Boss

Postby Marianna » Fri May 16, 2008 8:12 pm

When Rickie and Bianca came back, it was the last straw for me. I quit.

I would watch it because I like Shirley, but it's all the other unmitigated crip you have to watch, it's just not worth it.
Marianna
Suspect

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri May 16, 2008 8:14 pm

bugalugs1970 wrote: Hope he don't get back with that damn Kyla, she gets right up my nose.

:lol: Yes, she had too much baggage. Abra was more free spirited.
Besides, if he gets back with her, then he can't be with us..... I mean you..... :x
:mrgreen:
Ade has aged so well. Hubba hubba. :love10:
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri May 16, 2008 8:16 pm

Marianna wrote:When Rickie and Bianca came back, it was the last straw for me. I quit.

I would watch it because I like Shirley, but it's all the other unmitigated crip you have to watch, it's just not worth it.

That was around the time I stopped watching it. I only watch it -at most- twice a week. But, more like once a week, at the 10 o'clock repeat.
Yeah, Shirley is one of the only characters on there that is well written.
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Next

Return to TV/Film/Music/Media/Video