Little Britain USA

Discuss your favourite TV/Film, past and present. Please put all your favourite YouTube Videos, Music and Media here for everybody to enjoy.

Little Britain USA

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri May 02, 2008 2:27 pm

I love Little Britain, but Little Britain USA has brought up a couple questions for me:

Lucas and Walliams will be creating American characters to add to their lineup, which I am sure will also be outlandish, and funny like their existing characters. Since Lucas and Walliams are British, do you think they will be able to capture elements of American culture and use them effectively in these new characters?
The other thing is, would the British public accept American comedians parodying British people and culture in a tv show like this?
Serious question.
I already have an opinion, but would like to know what everyone else thinks.
Thanks.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Re: Little Britain USA

Postby the_last_name_left » Fri May 02, 2008 3:32 pm

i can't see it working as it would surely take a deep knowledge and sympathy with characters of americana.

Gotta admire their business acumen though? What a franchise if it works! Little China, Little India, Little Phillipines, etc......wow. $$$$$$
the_last_name_left
You're Nicked

Postby MoeSzyslak » Tue May 06, 2008 3:24 pm

the_last_name_left wrote:i can't see it working as it would surely take a deep knowledge and sympathy with characters of americana.

Gotta admire their business acumen though? What a franchise if it works! Little China, Little India, Little Phillipines, etc......wow. $$$$$$

Absolutely! Cha ching! :mrgreen:
And, they are hilarious. I am not disputing that. I will watch Little Britain over and over again. I am quite sad. :( :wink:
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby Romeo'sJuliet » Wed May 07, 2008 11:20 pm

I thought lots of Little Britain was hilarious, but for me it well and truly crossed the line into obscenity too much :angry1: :angry1: It will shock Americans, I think.

Are they just going to 'translate' their characters into American? eg Marjorie Dawes will be from the deep south. Meera will be Maria the Mexican etc.
Indeed I never shall be satisfied with Romeo
Till I behold him - dead -
Romeo'sJuliet
Local Lag

Return to TV/Film/Music/Media/Video