South Africa's current problems & Zimbabwe's current despot

News and Sport

South Africa's current problems & Zimbabwe's current despot

Postby mantloko » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:11 am

It is with regret that we see South Africa's president Thabo Mbeki return from a meeting with Zimbabwe's dictator Robert Mugabe and foolishly claim "there's no crisis in Zimbabwe".

With a loaf of bread costing 20 million dollars, no medicines in the hospitals, no food in the shops, 18 month old babies and their MDC supporting parents beaten up on a daily basis by Mugabe's thugs, no fuel, and so, according to Mbeki, "no crisis".

This lame duck president has been a disgrace to South Africa in particular and the world in general from the day he took office. He refuses to believe that HIV Aids exists. He struggles to think past his next "drink" he is a confused, befuddled and incompetent man.

He and Mugabe own several diamond mine concessions in the Congo. This is where South Africa's defence force are deployed to look after their ill gotten gains and this also goes some way to explain their "pally pally" status.. Yet the South African masses continue to willingly vote him in. The ANC threaten voters at every election telling them their houses, benefits and pensions will be taken away if they do not vote ANC. Dark shades of Mugabe rule I fear! The Democracy we fought hard for? What Democracy?

Furthermore the electoral commission (IEC) does nothing to stop this as they are funded by the ANC!! I have personally witnessed these actions many times.

There are other more viable parties to vote for, one in particular the UDM (United Democratic Movement) headed by Bantu Holomisa, a decent, honest and upright man whom I have personally known for over 25 years. It is a party whose fundamental principles are not much different to the ANC but unlike the ANC the will to implement them are there. Furthermore, the leader is not corrupt and won't stand for it within the party. He sets a shining example himself for others to follow. This, in stark contrast to the ANC, where corruption by top officials is the natural order of the day so that others may follow in their stead unchecked.

It is sad, therefore, to see this beautiful country degenerate into yet another impoverished African mess. Through total incompetence, mismanagement and corruption there is insufficient electrical power for our needs. Precious power is sold to neighbouring states at inflated prices and the proceeds go into the back pockets of the corrupt in charge. This is being done whilst the people of South Africa endure daily blackouts and "power shedding" trying to run their businesses, cook food, drive through towns and cities with no traffic lights and generally attempt to live in 2008.

Hospitals, like those in Zimbabwe, are running out of medicines. Thousands of skilled workers have fled the country and more leave daily. Even if the parastatal ESKOM got a cash injection of R60 billion it would not help as we have no infrastructure or qualified personnel left to run it!

The crime rate is horrendous with more than 50 murders a day. Ruling MPs who steal from the public remain seated while enjoying their ill gotten gains and inflated salaries and never get fired. The economy is in tatters. Fuel prices have gone up 300% in 6 years. Inflation is around 10% and climbing. Interest rates up 5 times in almost as many months.

All these facts are warnings printed large on the current page of history. South Africa is fast emulating Zimbabwe in all respects. If the majority of the people do not wake up and do something now to change the political landscape all will be lost.

However, there is still time to save the country but it is fast running out. Get shut of Mbeki and his sycophants now. Elect a government of the people representing the majority. I am in favour of COSATU and their voice must be heard. Jacob Zuma also appears to be making the right noises but will he continue to do so if he gets in power?

Take a good hard look at the UDM and it's leadership. A more honest man than Holomisa I have yet to meet in politics. Remember the fish rots from the head down. Decency by example also runs from the top down so good examples must be set. Within the ANC government it has been
"I steal you can also steal." Not one single example of decency and strong leadership has been afforded the public since Mandela retired.

We have a government of incompetents, thieves, johnny come latelys, and sycophants. Who in the main only think of themselves and the "what's in it for me and my family" syndrome. Bribes, corruption, backstabbing. A free for all by elected officials whose pockets are filled with tax payer's money long before any other considerations are made.

It's been a feeding frenzy of greed and self interest and it continues unabated and unchecked under the ineffective, incompetent leadership of Mbeki. A befuddled, autocratic and confused president, who lost the plot long ago, that's if he ever understood it in the first place!

It's now way overdue he and his cohorts were unceremoniously kicked out before we become Zimbabwe number 2!!!
Last edited by bjr on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread moved to News Forum
mantloko
New In Town

Re: South Africa's current problems & Zimbabwe's current despot

Postby Jennyfowler » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:29 am

This such a good post. It sounds as though you live in Africa.

The even sadder thing is that on a much less scale it sounds exactly like the position here in the UK..exactly. If Tories get in they will continue to be like New Labour Mp's and no oridnary person will get help and nothing will be fair exactly the same. The freedom of information act that has helped tories so much will be scrapped.

Its' the same in Jamaica and so many countries now that it is very frightening.

Are all countrys now becoming the same. Why can't ordinary people find a voice. Why can't those that want change without bloodshed get a voice.

How do people accept corruption at high levels. Was the Trial of Wife of South Africa's President at that time the tip of th eIce Berg then. He is regarded as a Hero in th is Country. Was he corrupt too.(can't remember name)(Just can't) Was imprisoned for years.

What was the point of giving African Independence if it's all just corrupted and let the people starve.
I'm shocked also so few come on to News and Sport and how little traffic and postings there is on News and Sport
Jennyfowler
New In Town

Postby mantloko » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:49 am

Hi Jenny Fowler,

Good to see some people do read the news from around the world. I was unsure if I should post this political comment as I thought it was a "Maddy" only forum. But I took the chance and see the moderator moved my post to news which was quite correct. I will post here in future when I have a pet moan!

Yes, I do live in South Africa. Have been here since 1970. Was a political activist and member of the ANC working underground from 1970 to 1990. Then Nelson Mandela was released from prison. I worked with him closely from '90 until '94. I refused the opportunity to go to parliament in '94 as I simply do not have the patience. I know my limitations!

Nelson Mandela (Madiba) to his friends is a great Statesman. Had he been released 10 years earlier by the Apartheid regime things would look very different in this country today. Instead he was imprisoned for 27 years mostly on Robben Island for wanting the right to walk into a public library, live where he wished or married whom he chose.

He is one of the World's greatest statesmen not only Africa's. I have been in many meetings with him where he had to meet the leaders of political parties and "Nazi" groups that had planned not only his assassination but those of our comrades. The AWB for example a far right wing set up run by a lunatic called Eugene Terrblanche. Mandela made them all feel as though they were the most important people in the world. Now that's statesmanship. I have met every United States President since Richard Nixon and have yet to meet one with the presence of mind and charisma than Mandela (except maybe Bill Clinton) he's a good guy too! Bush junior? I refused to meet him!

However, in 1999 after the first government of National Unity Mandela retired. I know Mbeki and simply had no confidence in him. He's autocratic to the point of racist and a heavy boozer, the two don't mix.

In 1996 I founded the UDM (United Democratic Movement) in opposition to the ANC. They have 11 seats in parliament
not a great deal due to the illegal "floor crossing" procedures but enough to be heard.
Again I chose not to go, still "impatient" as ever!

I Hope that clarifies a few things for you.

Cheers
mantloko
New In Town

Postby Sandie » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Mantloko
Hi there , I am also a South African, and I concur. If Thabo says there is "no crisis in Zimbabwe "he was clearly on the Johnny Walker Blue Lable, I know that is his favourite.
It is just such a pity Nelson Mandela was a bit too old to serve another term. He should have been freed much earlier. He was truly a great Statesman. And a gentleman to boot.
Please let our people vote this time around for the right party and hopefully we won't end up in the same state as Zim. I would then have to emigrate with my white family and children.
I could not bear the thought of a second Anarchy.!! Even Susan Shibangu has more 'conjones' than Thabo.
Sandie
Suspect

Postby mantloko » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Ha, ha good one. :wink: I agree Susan is on the right track, b*lls an all! Special circumstances require special approaches!!! Only those of us who have first hand experience can understand the urgency of a strong clamp down on the criminals. Miscreants who force decent people to live in the prison camps they have had to make of their homes.

Mbeki and his sycophants give as much attention to this problem as they have done to oustting Mugabe. The ship full of arms has now left Durban harbour against international and local law.
It should have been impounded. Now it will most likely dock in Angola.

However, the government committee, chaired by Defence Secretary, January Masilele, was very eager to issue the conveyancing permit. If one realises that this Committee is appointed by President Thabo ("there is no crisis in Zimbabwe, pass the blue label") Mbeki and is made up of Ministers, Deputy Ministers and other persons appointed by the President, it's no surprise.

If it's Johnny Blue, Royal Salute or even uMqombothi I couldn't really care less so long as he is not partaking of it whilst trying to run a country!!!!

Stay and fight, for the time being, as I have. I have a "black family" and my wife (of 25 years marriage) is nagging to go to the UK. I am trying hard to change her mind. We have a beautiful country here, why leave it to the despots and drunkards? The people need us. We have to enlighten the unenlightened.

Cheers
mantloko
New In Town

Postby Blunomore » Mon May 05, 2008 3:52 pm

mantloko wrote:Hi Jenny Fowler,

Good to see some people do read the news from around the world. I was unsure if I should post this political comment as I thought it was a "Maddy" only forum. But I took the chance and see the moderator moved my post to news which was quite correct. I will post here in future when I have a pet moan!

Yes, I do live in South Africa. Have been here since 1970. Was a political activist and member of the ANC working underground from 1970 to 1990. Then Nelson Mandela was released from prison. I worked with him closely from '90 until '94. I refused the opportunity to go to parliament in '94 as I simply do not have the patience. I know my limitations!

Nelson Mandela (Madiba) to his friends is a great Statesman. Had he been released 10 years earlier by the Apartheid regime things would look very different in this country today. Instead he was imprisoned for 27 years mostly on Robben Island for wanting the right to walk into a public library, live where he wished or married whom he chose.

He is one of the World's greatest statesmen not only Africa's. I have been in many meetings with him where he had to meet the leaders of political parties and "Nazi" groups that had planned not only his assassination but those of our comrades. The AWB for example a far right wing set up run by a lunatic called Eugene Terrblanche. Mandela made them all feel as though they were the most important people in the world. Now that's statesmanship. I have met every United States President since Richard Nixon and have yet to meet one with the presence of mind and charisma than Mandela (except maybe Bill Clinton) he's a good guy too! Bush junior? I refused to meet him!

However, in 1999 after the first government of National Unity Mandela retired. I know Mbeki and simply had no confidence in him. He's autocratic to the point of racist and a heavy boozer, the two don't mix.

In 1996 I founded the UDM (United Democratic Movement) in opposition to the ANC. They have 11 seats in parliament
not a great deal due to the illegal "floor crossing" procedures but enough to be heard.
Again I chose not to go, still "impatient" as ever!

I Hope that clarifies a few things for you.

Cheers

If you founded the UDM, it means you are either Roelf or Bantu he he he !!! Doubt they would have time to hang out here but nice to see you anyway!
Blunomore
New In Town

Postby mantloko » Mon May 05, 2008 6:27 pm

If you founded the UDM, it means you are either Roelf or Bantu he he he !!! Doubt they would have time to hang out here but nice to see you anyway!

Not quite but near! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Democratic_Movement
mantloko
New In Town

Return to News and Sport