THE BLUE FLAG THREAD!

News and Sport

Re: THE BLUE FLAG THREAD!

Postby coral » Thu May 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Sad Git wrote:I'm not sure who I should support next week, as I can't decide which club I hate the most. Any advice?

Shouldnt laugh, but :mrgreen:
coral
Local Lag

Postby Tripz » Tue May 20, 2008 10:20 am

COME ON CHELSEA!!!

:bounce: :mrgreen: :bounce: :mrgreen: :bounce: :mrgreen: :bounce: :mrgreen:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Tripz » Thu May 22, 2008 12:09 am

:evil: :evil: :evil: Fergy is a xxxx!
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Tripz » Sat May 24, 2008 7:29 pm

:?: It's tough at the top.. :bom:

Chelsea sack Grant

Chelsea have sacked manager Avram Grant after only eight months in charge at Stamford Bridge.

Grant has been under severe pressure in West London since replacing Jose Mourinho last September.

And the Israeli, who steered Chelsea to a second-placed Premier League finish, has now been handed his marching orders after the Blues ended the 2007/08 campaign without a trophy.

Grant's last game in charge of Chelsea was the UEFA Champions League final penalty shoot-out defeat to Manchester United on Wednesday.

A statement on the club's official website read: "Chelsea football club can confirm that Avram Grant has had his contract terminated today (Saturday 24th May). This follows meetings over the last two days.

"Everybody at Chelsea FC would like to thank Avram for his contribution since taking over as manager last September.

"We will now be concentrating all our efforts on identifying a new manager for Chelsea and there will be no further comment until that appointment is made."

The likes of Internazionale manager Roberto Mancini and Frank Rijkaard will now be strongly tipped to take over at Chelsea

TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Montgomery Burns » Sun May 25, 2008 8:48 pm

I can just imagine Sven saying:

'Avram Grant getting sacked by Chelsea, good.

Me not getting offered job yet, not so good'.
Montgomery Burns
Suspect

Postby Tripz » Thu May 29, 2008 11:52 am

Chelsea chase Scolari

The Portuguese Football Federation has confirmed Chelsea's interest in manager Luis Felipe Scolari.

Chelsea are in the hunt for a new boss after parting company with Avram Grant last Saturday and a host of bosses from across Europe are believed to be contenders for the Stamford Bridge hot-seat.

The likes of unsettled Inter chief Roberto Mancini, ex-Barca boss Frank Rijkaard, Blackburn manager Mark Hughes and Russia coach Guus Hiddink are all understood to be targets.

And, according to the Portuguese Football Federation's vice-president Amandio De Carvalho, Portugal manager Scolari - who is out of contract after Euro 2008 - is also on Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's short-list.

"I already know that Chelsea are interested in Scolari," Carvalho said in The Independent .

Lippi no-go

Meanwhile, former Juventus and Italy boss Marcello Lippi has ruled himself out of the running as Grant's successor.

"No, no, no," Lippi said in The Sun when asked if he would be interested in taking over at Chelsea.

"Sharing the language of the players is very important. I don't speak English.

"I must transmit my ideas and philosophy to the team and could not do that."

Drogba deal

Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti is also rumoured to be in line for a move to the Premier League following reports that the Italian met with Abramovich on Monday.

And Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has jokingly suggested a swap deal for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba could be an option.

"They can have him (Ancelotti) for 50million euros (£45m) or else I'll exchange him for Didier Drogba," Galliani concluded in The Sun.

=====================================
Terry glad to move on
England captain dedicates goal to Chelsea fans

John Terry dedicated his England goal to Chelsea supporters following the 2-0 victory over USA on Wednesday.

Terry was presented with the opportunity to win the UEFA Champions League for his club in Moscow last week but he missed his penalty and Manchester United went on to lift the trophy.

The defender finally had something to smile about at Wembley, however, as he headed home David Beckham's free-kick to put England 1-0 ahead late in the first half.

Steven Gerrard added a second to seal England's second win in three games under new manager Fabio Capello.

Terry, who was named captain for the match, admits that it was a tough seven days following his Champions League heartache.

But he was happy to end on the winning team with England, adding: "That goal was for all the Chelsea fans for last week.

"It's been a difficult week since what happened in Moscow but getting back into the routine has been a massive plus. I'm a big man and I take what happened."

TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Previous

Return to News and Sport