Scottish hooligans

News and Sport

Re: Scottish hooligans

Postby Montgomery Burns » Fri May 16, 2008 6:01 pm

braindead wrote:Where were you called a bigot and your changing you story AGAIN

First it was scottish hooligans now its religion

What are you saying now ponky that I am a thug and a bigot and a hooligan and a drunk cos thats what hes implying and your if the cap fits wear it is just a joke That cap doesnt fit ME

why dont you go back and read the thread then maybe youll understand why we are so angry

At anytime have we responded by A. condoneing their behaviour even thought the op accuses us all of being the same or B bringing up any other football fans behaviour in response to him

I think you ll find we havent.

What kind of English is your first paragraph? It doesn't make any kind of sense - are you drunk?

You ask where was I called a bigot. Oh, let's see now. Try:

Coral: Thu May 15, 2008 7:35 pm

For someones post who is so bitter about Scotland and bigotry you seem full of it, you quite obviously hate Scottish people or specifically Rangers supporters.

Coral: Thu May 15, 2008 7:44 pm
Your lot??? Proves what a racist bigot you really are.

Coral: Thu May 15, 2008 8:23 pm
But the OP wouldnt like this would he, he just wants to tar us all with the same brush, ultimately being more racist and bigoted than the people he/she are critcising.

Coral: Fri May 16, 2008 8:33 am
It is not normal or acceptable behaviour for any one to behave in this manner which is what the OP is saying about people from the West of Scotland, which is either a display of utter ignorance on the scale which flames bigotry and division or has been deliberately posted to stir up anti Scottish feelings.

Coral: Fri May 16, 2008 3:50 pm
But you quite clearly want to believe your racist and bigoted bile against the Scots and want to spread this message, you are a nasty nasty piece of work and I will leave you to it.

So to go back to your question, 'where was I called a bigot'? I trust this reply answers your question, which you would not have asked if you could have been bothered to read my posts.

But I don't suppose that is one of your strong points, anymore than coherent thought, given the jibberish nonsense you have been writing - either English isn't your first language or you're drunk again.
Montgomery Burns
Suspect

Postby ratonthebeam » Fri May 16, 2008 6:03 pm

ponky wrote:
ratonthebeam wrote:Mods, I suggest you lock this thread as it is serving no further purpose. I do not come on this forum to be insulted. So far, Montgomery Burns has compared me to Rangers fans, people who wear Union Jacks, sing sectarian songs, urinate in doorways and trash cities, by continually stating that these people are "my lot". I can assure you that none of this disgraceful behaviour applies to me. This constitutes both libel and personal abuse and nobody seems to be doing anything about it.

Mods/ Admin. Please read the OP carefully before locking or removing as this is a debating forum ?

In the OP,Monty specifically referred to "neds". A term applied to Glasgow chavs I understand.

This in NO WAY was directed at any member from Scotland on this forum.

NB. I wish the Brits as a whole, were half as passionate as the Scots. Then maybe we would'nt be seen as the lapdogs of Europe.

Oh S**t, now I've started a whole new row. :wink: :lol:

With respect, Ponky, that is not true. The OP started out by quite specifically stating that this behaviour is "normal" for people "where Gerry comes from". Well, it is also where I happen to come from originally, and I am here to tell you that such dreadful behaviour is NOT normal.

The OP then went on to discuss "my lot" i.e. a group of persons to whom I am personally affiliated, or connected. I have asked him to explain, on a number of occasions now, what is meant by "my lot" and to date he has listed -

drunk people
Rangers fans
people who wear Union Jacks (sic)
persons who urinate in doorways
persons who trash city centres
people who sing and/or chant sectarian abuse

and I am also here to tell you that I do not, and have never, subscribed to any of these forms of behaviour, neither have any of my family, and neither have any of my neighbours I grew up with "where Gerry comes from".

To quite clearly state, in public, that I am a member of any, or all, of those groups of people, is libellous and insulting. If there are any apologies forthcoming, then it should be from Monty Burns, to myself, and all the other good people of Scotland he has so callously and ignorantly insulted.

And why the mods permit this thread to stay here, when it's sole purpose is to create arguments and cause bad feeling, I simply do not know.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" (Oscar Wilde)
"Oh wad some power, the giftie gie us, tae see oorsels, as ithers see us" (Rabbie Burns)
"Bonnie feathers dinna mak' bonnie birds" (My Gran)
ratonthebeam
Local Lag

Postby Montgomery Burns » Fri May 16, 2008 6:08 pm

coral wrote:
Montgomery Burns wrote:
braindead wrote:I am reminded of Harry Enfield's character Jurgen whose catch phrase was always 'I wish to apologise for ze conduct of my nation during the war'. Perhaps a 'sorry' on similar lines from some of the posters here would not go amiss.

Right OK, let me get this correct, you want us to apologise? For what? For being Scottish? For supporting Rangers? Both of which I am and I do, I never rioted so what have I got to apologise for?

Let me ask you are you English? (it doesnt matter to me what nationality you are its just so I can use an example). If you are, are you prepared to apologise for all the criminal behaviour that goes on in England simply because you are English and some crimes are committed by English people? Are you going to apologise for that wee 16 year old boy getting killed in London last weekend? No because its ridicolous, but thats what you seem to be expecting us Scottish people here to do :? :?

The quote from The Glasgow leader "Manchester is not to blame for what happened, Rangers Football Club is not to blame for what happened, the vast majority of Rangers supporters are not to blame for what happened." is so very true.

You only read what you want to don't you? It's like debating with a fourth former.

It's not just about rioting. It's about the drunkeness, the fighting, the sectarian songs, the peeing, the vomiting, the leaving human equivalents of shish kebabs on the pavement, it's leaving my city like a landfill site, as someone else so eloquently put. All of these things are unacceptable. You don't seem to get this; God knows why not.

Perhaps you're not as high up the evolutionary scale as you would like to think.
Montgomery Burns
Suspect

Postby Montgomery Burns » Fri May 16, 2008 6:09 pm

Jenny2007 wrote:
ponky wrote:
Montgomery Burns wrote:I see the West of Scotland mafia wrecked Manchester last night.

I saw many of them during the day outrageously drunk, with their kids seemingly playing second fiddle to the demon drink. The streets of Manchester were full of vomit, urine, faeces and Scotsmen face down, asleep in the gutter. Their racist and sectarian behaviour was repugnant.

We need to understand that where Gerry comes from it is normal behaviour when the sun shines for the the true Glasgow Ned to place his 24 pack of Tennent's Extra on his shoulder and to hell with the consequences.

Although to be fair I've not heard any reports of kids going missing, so it seems Gerry is lower down the social pecking order than you average ne'er do well from Easterhouse.

As I'm neither Scottish nor have ever visited glasgow, maybe I read the OP with a cooler head than some of our friends north of the border.

I read M Burns referring to normal behaviour for the true Glasgow ned. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_(Scottish)

Transfer this behaviour to Glasgow by English supporters.

If the Scots then said " This is normal behaviour when the sun shines for the true English chav" I would have to agree 100%.

N Burns is most definately not a wum or troll.

Take a moment to scan over their previous posts.

What MBurns appears to be, is very angry at anti-social behaviour on a grand scale in his home city and so he darn well should be.

As for The Daily Record headline." Police lost control "

The police should'nt have been in this situation anyway.

What is it with football supporters than they cant behave.

Go to any rugby gathering ( no one can sink more booze than they ) there's no rioting, fans from both sides picnic in the carparks together and so on.

The fury unleashed by a misread post is I'm afraid typical of a fight situation, the "what you lookin at me like that for scenario "

As for M Burns supposed lack of humour! I think others should lighten up.

If the cap doesn't fit, dont wear it.

The title says "Scottish hooligans", to me that says it all.

Football hooligan is not aceptable, but neither is Monty's post. I believe that UEFA and the Scottish parliament are going to hold enquiries as to what really happened, as I have said before, watching it on the news I commented on the fact that "the hooligans" were not sporting Rangers tops. I don't believe they were Rangers supporters.

If Montgomery burns has been misunderstood, all he has to do is apologise.

How can you possibly think I've been misunderstood; I couldn't possibly be any clearer that hordes of men and women wearing blue tops emblazoned with 'Carling' indulged in a day of disgraceful behaviour.

Most of them had Scottish accents, which may be a clue that they were Scottish rather than Bosnians or from the Principality of Monaco. Stop thinking about just the rioting, concentrate instead on the obnoxious behaviour that preceeded this; your reluctance to do so suggest that you're just in denial.

My daughter tells me you probably won't understand the sarcasm, but what the heck. It's well deserved. By refusing to condemn you condone.
Montgomery Burns
Suspect

Postby Jenny2007 » Fri May 16, 2008 6:10 pm

braindead wrote:Good evening TLNL :mrgreen:

You appear to be a very balanced and level headed person thank you for putting across what i dont have the intellegence to do myself

I feel too passionate about my nation as a whole being insulted to post with a calm demeanour .

Ponky lol

Are you trying to start :mrgreen: forum war?

night Jenny have fun watch out for the hooligans

Here's tae us, whas like us? Damn few, and they're all deid.

Just as well Monty Burns isn't my son or daughter, he'd get one helluva thick ear and sent to bed hungry for his racist bullying. :D
Jenny2007
You're Nicked

Postby braindead » Fri May 16, 2008 6:14 pm

swigging from bottle of buckfast now

Where as in where did i call you a bigot ?

So now Im not coherent, cant understand english, let alone write or read it.Just because I dont puctuate my paragraphs , is it too hard for you to understand?

Do y o u n e e d m e t o s p e l l i t o u t f o r y o u ?

I think you may find when you respond with insults it says more about you than it does me and no I am not drunk but think you may be.

Night Jenny

Keep the side up :mrgreen:
braindead
Been Cautioned

Postby Montgomery Burns » Fri May 16, 2008 6:15 pm

Jenny2007 wrote:
Montgomery Burns wrote:
Jenny2007 wrote:I also don't believe Scottish youths would fork out money to go down to Manchester and act as hooligans.

DELETED

There is no end to your ignorance is there. If I thought for one minute you are inferring that I snort drugs You'd be sorry indeed I can tell you.

A brief but humble apology will suffice. You are so so wrong and you know it. You are lucky that your are not being reported to the race relations board, and I am not joking. You are also breaking the rules of this forum.

I couldn't work out whether your belief that Scottish youths would not fork out money to go down to Manchester and act as hooligans was so ridiculously naive.
There will of course be no apology because I think you and a number of your fellow posters are behaving in a rather silly fashion. Race relations board; again are you on something?

If I'm banned for this I shouldn't be the only one, there's been others before me indulging in some very personal attacks.
Last edited by bjr on Fri May 16, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Part comment removed
Montgomery Burns
Suspect

Postby ponky » Fri May 16, 2008 6:15 pm

the_last_name_left wrote:
ponky wrote:Blimey, I know the USA and Britain is divided by our common language, didn't know the Scots and Brits were too.

Well, english isn't a common language between scots and english, really. It's english, isn't it?

ponky wrote:OP is NOT referring to YOU, so dont take offence!!

Fair point. But who was it referring to?

Montgomery Burns wrote:Right it's the BBC's fault, the police's fault, the council's fault. But not the Rangers fans fault, oh no.

Errr "THE Rangers fans fault"???

ALL of them?

And how do you know all the people involved supported Rangers?

Even if all the accused said they supported Rangers, they could be lieing? You'll be believing the McCanns next?

the level of drunkeness had to be seen to be believed.

What's wrong with that? Drunkeness by itself means nothing?

["your lot" is] not as crude as the behaviour of the Rangers fans in Manchester, I believe.

ALL the rangers' fans? Is it only rangers' fans that behave like that?

I've been called a bigot yet I've been complaining about the bigoted behaviour of so many of the drunks who were singing anti-Catholic songs for much of the day.

but a bigot can complain of others' bigotry without seeing it in themself. That's perfectly possible. (Common)

I complain about the religious intolerance within Scottish society and this is somehow racist.

Ok, but surely you can see how carefully such things need to be expressed? You are saying "Scottish society is x y z" - that clearly has potential problems because not all scottish people will be "x y z". A little more care in your expression and your point might have been much more readily accepted?

I'm just waiting to see someone write that such sectarian feelings are well within the bounds of responsible churchgoing.

well.......I do see it as a part of "churchgoing". People go to particular denomination churches don't they? That's inherently sectarian imo. And a load of pants too - but that's just atheist me :)

I do not take sides. But walking around Manchester on Wednesday I got the feeling that being a Catholic in certain parts of Scotland would make you feel very vulnerable (and I assume the reverse is true before anyone shouts).

See - that's a good point. Who would complain about that? And if you'd said Could instead of WOuld, it'd be even more acceptable?

the Rangers fans let themselves down badly

No. SOME 'fans' let rangers down badly. And they let the human race down too.

Perhaps a 'sorry' on similar lines from some of the posters here would not go amiss.

I'm sure it wouldn't. Doesn't mean you'll get one, or that it's deserved. lol (it might be deserved - who knows? ;))

I think it's been an interesting thread anyway.

Agree there. It has been the most interesting thread.
Thanks to all.
As for apologising?.
My apology is that I have'nt yet made it to Glasgow. Will now though.

Have researched restaurants/hotels etc for a short break alone, but have not gone further with it.
The furthest I've ventured into Scotland was a soaking at Braemar games followed by the Edinburgh Tattoo. Both fantabuoloesy, and the food Mhmnn!! delish.
x
ponks.
ponky
First Time Offender

Postby Jenny2007 » Fri May 16, 2008 6:32 pm

ponky wrote:
the_last_name_left wrote:
ponky wrote:Blimey, I know the USA and Britain is divided by our common language, didn't know the Scots and Brits were too.

Well, english isn't a common language between scots and english, really. It's english, isn't it?

ponky wrote:OP is NOT referring to YOU, so dont take offence!!

Fair point. But who was it referring to?

Montgomery Burns wrote:Right it's the BBC's fault, the police's fault, the council's fault. But not the Rangers fans fault, oh no.

Errr "THE Rangers fans fault"???

ALL of them?

And how do you know all the people involved supported Rangers?

Even if all the accused said they supported Rangers, they could be lieing? You'll be believing the McCanns next?

the level of drunkeness had to be seen to be believed.

What's wrong with that? Drunkeness by itself means nothing?

["your lot" is] not as crude as the behaviour of the Rangers fans in Manchester, I believe.

ALL the rangers' fans? Is it only rangers' fans that behave like that?

I've been called a bigot yet I've been complaining about the bigoted behaviour of so many of the drunks who were singing anti-Catholic songs for much of the day.

but a bigot can complain of others' bigotry without seeing it in themself. That's perfectly possible. (Common)

I complain about the religious intolerance within Scottish society and this is somehow racist.

Ok, but surely you can see how carefully such things need to be expressed? You are saying "Scottish society is x y z" - that clearly has potential problems because not all scottish people will be "x y z". A little more care in your expression and your point might have been much more readily accepted?

I'm just waiting to see someone write that such sectarian feelings are well within the bounds of responsible churchgoing.

well.......I do see it as a part of "churchgoing". People go to particular denomination churches don't they? That's inherently sectarian imo. And a load of pants too - but that's just atheist me :)

I do not take sides. But walking around Manchester on Wednesday I got the feeling that being a Catholic in certain parts of Scotland would make you feel very vulnerable (and I assume the reverse is true before anyone shouts).

See - that's a good point. Who would complain about that? And if you'd said Could instead of WOuld, it'd be even more acceptable?

the Rangers fans let themselves down badly

No. SOME 'fans' let rangers down badly. And they let the human race down too.

Perhaps a 'sorry' on similar lines from some of the posters here would not go amiss.

I'm sure it wouldn't. Doesn't mean you'll get one, or that it's deserved. lol (it might be deserved - who knows? ;))

I think it's been an interesting thread anyway.

Agree there. It has been the most interesting thread.
Thanks to all.
As for apologising?.
My apology is that I have'nt yet made it to Glasgow. Will now though.

Have researched restaurants/hotels etc for a short break alone, but have not gone further with it.
The furthest I've ventured into Scotland was a soaking at Braemar games followed by the Edinburgh Tattoo. Both fantabuoloesy, and the food Mhmnn!! delish.
x
ponks.

Hi Ponky, with your attitude, i am sure you would receive a very warm welcome wherever you go.
Jenny2007
You're Nicked

Postby ponky » Fri May 16, 2008 6:39 pm

Montgomery Burns wrote:
Jenny2007 wrote:I also don't believe Scottish youths would fork out money to go down to Manchester and act as hooligans.

DELETED

Monty, as soon as you spouted ridiculous stuff as the above. you have totally lost my support.

I'M OUT.
:(
ponky
First Time Offender

Postby ponky » Fri May 16, 2008 6:48 pm

Thanks Jenny. If you are "north of the border", maybe we'll meet and not know it. :?

As for the OP, I'm sad :( and sorry :oops: if I got it wrong.
x to all our Scottish friends.
ponks
ponky
First Time Offender

Postby starangerandstranger » Fri May 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Changing tack ever so slightly, I recall that GerryMcCann said that his mother was very upset when he told her he was marrying an English girl. However, the blow was softened when he said she was Catholic. What does this say about acceptable racism and bigotry in Scotland?
starangerandstranger
You're Nicked

Postby ponky » Fri May 16, 2008 7:04 pm

starangerandstranger wrote:Changing tack ever so slightly, I recall that GerryMcCann said that his mother was very upset when he told her he was marrying an English girl. However, the blow was softened when he said she was Catholic. What does this say about acceptable racism and bigotry in Scotland?

New thread ?
Might be a good one!
ponky
First Time Offender

Postby coral » Fri May 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Montgomery Burns wrote:[
Right OK, let me get this correct, you want us to apologise? For what? For being Scottish? For supporting Rangers? Both of which I am and I do, I never rioted so what have I got to apologise for?

Let me ask you are you English? (it doesnt matter to me what nationality you are its just so I can use an example). If you are, are you prepared to apologise for all the criminal behaviour that goes on in England simply because you are English and some crimes are committed by English people? Are you going to apologise for that wee 16 year old boy getting killed in London last weekend? No because its ridicolous, but thats what you seem to be expecting us Scottish people here to do :? :?

The quote from The Glasgow leader "Manchester is not to blame for what happened, Rangers Football Club is not to blame for what happened, the vast majority of Rangers supporters are not to blame for what happened." is so very true.

You only read what you want to don't you? It's like debating with a fourth former.

It's not just about rioting. It's about the drunkeness, the fighting, the sectarian songs, the peeing, the vomiting, the leaving human equivalents of shish kebabs on the pavement, it's leaving my city like a landfill site, as someone else so eloquently put. All of these things are unacceptable. You don't seem to get this; God knows why not.

Perhaps you're not as high up the evolutionary scale as you would like to think.[/quote]

This is completely laughable, I have stated my opinion that you are bigoted which I stil believe, but at no point have I resorted to personal insults such as the above. At what point during any of my posts have I mentioned the evolutionary scale?

Im sorry but its you who doesnt get it, at no point have I condoned the riots, the sectariansim, the behaviour etc etc, whereas you are making crass sweeping statements, refer back to your original post and the "normal behaviour" jibe.

You seem to take great offence at "the peeing, the vomiting, the leaving human equivalents of shish kebabs on the pavement", which is the general behaviour of 1000s of young British people these days after a night out, it just so happens Manchester had an extra 200,000 people in the city. In fact I watched a programme not that long ago with shocking drunken vomitting behaviour after nights out, all filmed in cities in England by the way. I am no weay saying this is right because its not.

And you still havent told me why I have to apologise on behalf of a few 100 drunken idiots who may be Scottish and Rangers fans, come on do tell!

You say I find this drunken behaviour acceptable - OK find where in my posts I say this?????
coral
Local Lag

Postby Montgomery Burns » Fri May 16, 2008 7:07 pm

ratonthebeam wrote:
ponky wrote:
ratonthebeam wrote:Mods, I suggest you lock this thread as it is serving no further purpose. I do not come on this forum to be insulted. So far, Montgomery Burns has compared me to Rangers fans, people who wear Union Jacks, sing sectarian songs, urinate in doorways and trash cities, by continually stating that these people are "my lot". I can assure you that none of this disgraceful behaviour applies to me. This constitutes both libel and personal abuse and nobody seems to be doing anything about it.

Mods/ Admin. Please read the OP carefully before locking or removing as this is a debating forum ?

In the OP,Monty specifically referred to "neds". A term applied to Glasgow chavs I understand.

This in NO WAY was directed at any member from Scotland on this forum.

NB. I wish the Brits as a whole, were half as passionate as the Scots. Then maybe we would'nt be seen as the lapdogs of Europe.

Oh S**t, now I've started a whole new row. :wink: :lol:

With respect, Ponky, that is not true. The OP started out by quite specifically stating that this behaviour is "normal" for people "where Gerry comes from". Well, it is also where I happen to come from originally, and I am here to tell you that such dreadful behaviour is NOT normal.

The OP then went on to discuss "my lot" i.e. a group of persons to whom I am personally affiliated, or connected. I have asked him to explain, on a number of occasions now, what is meant by "my lot" and to date he has listed -

drunk people
Rangers fans
people who wear Union Jacks (sic)
persons who urinate in doorways
persons who trash city centres
people who sing and/or chant sectarian abuse

and I am also here to tell you that I do not, and have never, subscribed to any of these forms of behaviour, neither have any of my family, and neither have any of my neighbours I grew up with "where Gerry comes from".

To quite clearly state, in public, that I am a member of any, or all, of those groups of people, is libellous and insulting. If there are any apologies forthcoming, then it should be from Monty Burns, to myself, and all the other good people of Scotland he has so callously and ignorantly insulted.

And why the mods permit this thread to stay here, when it's sole purpose is to create arguments and cause bad feeling, I simply do not know.

Don't be so sensitive, taking everything so personally.
Montgomery Burns
Suspect

PreviousNext

Return to News and Sport