Scottish hooligans

News and Sport

Scottish hooligans

Postby Montgomery Burns » Thu May 15, 2008 5:03 pm

I see the West of Scotland mafia wrecked Manchester last night.

I saw many of them during the day outrageously drunk, with their kids seemingly playing second fiddle to the demon drink. The streets of Manchester were full of vomit, urine, faeces and Scotsmen face down, asleep in the gutter. Their racist and sectarian behaviour was repugnant.

We need to understand that where Gerry comes from it is normal behaviour when the sun shines for the the true Glasgow Ned to place his 24 pack of Tennent's Extra on his shoulder and to hell with the consequences.

Although to be fair I've not heard any reports of kids going missing, so it seems Gerry is lower down the social pecking order than you average ne'er do well from Easterhouse.
Montgomery Burns
Suspect

Re: Scottish hooligans

Postby ProfMoriarty » Thu May 15, 2008 5:12 pm

Rather think the 'West of Scotland' tag is over-egging the pudding somewhat, don't you?
"You stand in the way not merely of an individual, but of a mighty organization, the full extent of which you, with all your cleverness, have been unable to realize. You must stand clear, Mr. Holmes, or be trodden under foot."
ProfMoriarty
Suspect

Postby sentinel » Thu May 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Montgomery Burns wrote:I see the West of Scotland mafia wrecked Manchester last night.

I saw many of them during the day outrageously drunk, with their kids seemingly playing second fiddle to the demon drink. The streets of Manchester were full of vomit, urine, faeces and Scotsmen face down, asleep in the gutter. Their racist and sectarian behaviour was repugnant.

We need to understand that where Gerry comes from it is normal behaviour when the sun shines for the the true Glasgow Ned to place his 24 pack of Tennent's Extra on his shoulder and to hell with the consequences.

Although to be fair I've not heard any reports of kids going missing, so it seems Gerry is lower down the social pecking order than you average ne'er do well from Easterhouse.

is this to do with football?
"We, with Coldwater's help, have let our imaginations run wild"
sentinel
Mafia Boss

Postby MoeSzyslak » Thu May 15, 2008 5:37 pm

Montgomery Burns, nice to see a fellow Springfieldian on the forum. :wink:
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby coral » Thu May 15, 2008 5:41 pm

Montgomery Burns wrote:I see the West of Scotland mafia wrecked Manchester last night.

I totally resent this post and am furious at your stereotyping - I am from the West of Scotland and unless you live here you have NO idea what people are like, their values etc. No it certainly isnt the norm "We need to understand that where Gerry comes from it is normal behaviour when the sun shines for the the true Glasgow Ned to place his 24 pack of Tennent's Extra on his shoulder and to hell with the consequences."
Myself and many other Rangers and football fans would not dream of acting in that manner like those thugs last night and I am not standing up for them in the slightest. But as Manchester Police have confirmed on the news, it was a SMALL minority of the approximately 200, 000 Rangers fans that were in the city that caused the problems. And they deserve evrything the law can throw at them.

Does England not have problems then with so called football thugs? Alcohol? Grow up for gods sake. Everywhere has thugs and I feel this has nothing to do with football, generally Rangers do not have a problem (as their home and away record will testify) so possibly some of these so called fans could be anyone at all wearing Rangers shirts, it will certainly be interesting to find out. Rangers will definately ban them all from Ibrox anyway.

Its funny you mention racist and sectarian behaviour, I feel that is what your post is designed to do - stir up trouble, pathetic. How dare you classify people from the West of Scotland like this.

Rangers
coral
Local Lag

Postby chimaera » Thu May 15, 2008 5:44 pm

I agree, Coral. SCOTS ARE NO MORE DRUNKARDS, THUGS OR MEAN THAN ANYWHERE ELSE!
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby MoeSzyslak » Thu May 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Maybe, not so nice to see a fellow Springfieldian on here. :(

(I know nothing about foootball.)
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby ratonthebeam » Thu May 15, 2008 5:48 pm

I can assure you that I know a LOT more about "where Gerry comes from" than YOU do, and I am here to tell you that this is NOT normal behaviour. Or maybe it is for you.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" (Oscar Wilde)
"Oh wad some power, the giftie gie us, tae see oorsels, as ithers see us" (Rabbie Burns)
"Bonnie feathers dinna mak' bonnie birds" (My Gran)
ratonthebeam
Local Lag

Postby xxdelly » Thu May 15, 2008 6:04 pm

I agree with Coral, out of 200,000 fans there were 11 arrests - one was drunk in the sports ground and one threw a missile.

I am in no way defending these supporters - no doubt there could have been more arrests judging by the news reports.

I resent your OP, stereotyping the majority of the west of Scotland - I am no football fan, but know a lot more about where Gerry comes from and this is not normal behaviour. In fact, even if he was a footie supporter he would not have supported Rangers.

These were football fans, specifically a few Rangers fans and it saddens me to hear news like this considering the fantastic name that the Tartan Army have.
xxdelly
On Parole

Postby ratonthebeam » Thu May 15, 2008 6:09 pm

xxdelly wrote:I agree with Coral, out of 200,000 fans there were 11 arrests - one was drunk in the sports ground and one threw a missile.

I am in no way defending these supporters - no doubt there could have been more arrests judging by the news reports.

I resent your OP, stereotyping the majority of the west of Scotland - I am no football fan, but know a lot more about where Gerry comes from and this is not normal behaviour. In fact, even if he was a footie supporter he would not have supported Rangers.

These were football fans, specifically a few Rangers fans and it saddens me to hear news like this considering the fantastic name that the Tartan Army have.

Considering he used to work for Glasgow Celtic, I very much doubt that too! :lol:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" (Oscar Wilde)
"Oh wad some power, the giftie gie us, tae see oorsels, as ithers see us" (Rabbie Burns)
ratonthebeam
Local Lag

Postby Sad Git » Thu May 15, 2008 6:19 pm

Personally I'm already sick of listening to all the pathetic excuses being trundled out to defend last night's hooligan behaviour. It's the fault of the police, the city council, the defective screens, UEFA, etc etc etc. There always seems to be someone else to blame, never the violent drunken thugs themselves. And expect to hear all this bollox again next week when English fans inevitably go on the rampage in Moscow.
Don't allow the McMedia to keep the public ignorant, download our leaflets now!
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... S%20bw.pdf
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... Mother.pdf
Sad Git
On Parole

Postby Montgomery Burns » Thu May 15, 2008 6:22 pm

coral wrote:

I totally resent this post and am furious at your stereotyping - I am from the West of Scotland and unless you live here you have NO idea what people are like, their values etc. No it certainly isnt the norm "We need to understand that where Gerry comes from it is normal behaviour when the sun shines for the the true Glasgow Ned to place his 24 pack of Tennent's Extra on his shoulder and to hell with the consequences."
Myself and many other Rangers and football fans would not dream of acting in that manner like those thugs last night and I am not standing up for them in the slightest. But as Manchester Police have confirmed on the news, it was a SMALL minority of the approximately 200, 000 Rangers fans that were in the city that caused the problems. And they deserve evrything the law can throw at them.

Does England not have problems then with so called football thugs? Alcohol? Grow up for gods sake. Everywhere has thugs and I feel this has nothing to do with football, generally Rangers do not have a problem (as their home and away record will testify) so possibly some of these so called fans could be anyone at all wearing Rangers shirts, it will certainly be interesting to find out. Rangers will definately ban them all from Ibrox anyway.

Its funny you mention racist and sectarian behaviour, I feel that is what your post is designed to do - stir up trouble, pathetic. How dare you classify people from the West of Scotland like this.

Rangers

Hang on a minute we're the victims of the people of the West of Scotland, thank you very much. Oh and I've lived in Scotland before so I know all about the 'F*** the Pope and the IRA nonsense' and 'we're up to our knees in fenian blood' ditties we're had to endure down here over the last couple of days. Her Majesty must be thrilled all these louts wrap themselves up in the Union flag.

I can't name a Manchester pub off hand which would be deliberately trashed just because the punters are of a different religion. But I've certainly seen and experienced it in Scotland. Other than in Northern Ireland I wouldn't expect to see this kind of sectarian violence anywhere else in the UK. No surprise there when you consider Scottish football is neatly divided on sectarian lines.

The behaviour in Manchester was a throwback to the 1980's when football hooliganism was a terrible problem down here. Thank God these scenes don't happen anymore in England, at least nothing like on the scale we saw yesterday; had these been English hooligans we'd never have heard the last of it.

Your fans won't be welcome back in this city for some time I can tell you. The police tactics were always intended to be softly softly; had they arrested those guilty of public order offences half the Tartan Army would have been in clink today.

Tesco's on Market Street were selling cases of beer from 06:00 yesterday (they should have their licence rescinded) and the 24 can shoulder pack, whilst not the normal must-have accessory was abundant in huge measure in the midday sun. What was amusing high spirits at 7, 8, 9 and 10 o'clock in the morning had the feel of something else altogether as the afternoon passed on. You just had the feeling the mood was turning and it wouldn't take a great spark to make things kick off. We all thought it would be Rangers getting hammered, as Zenit are a good team, but the giant TV failing in Piccadilly Gardens was all the excuse needed to release an orgy of mayhem. If they hadn't thrown bottles at the engineers trying to fix it then they might have got to see the match ......

But as I said, at least we didn't hear of any kids going missing, so one up for them over G & K.

Finally I liked your joke about banning orders; I don't think Rangers as a club has a particularly good record at stamping this out IN the ground so I don't see many, if any bans on the horizon.
Montgomery Burns
Suspect

Postby ratonthebeam » Thu May 15, 2008 6:28 pm

Oh and I've lived in Scotland before

Oh right, obviously an expert then :P

Where Gerry and I come from, this is NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOUR. Got that?
ratonthebeam
Local Lag

Postby Montgomery Burns » Thu May 15, 2008 6:30 pm

ratonthebeam wrote:

I can assure you that I know a LOT more about "where Gerry comes from" than YOU do.

Are you sure you can say that? I'm not so sure!

ratonthebeam wrote:
I am here to tell you that this is NOT normal behaviour. Or maybe it is for you.

Awfully gad to hear this although I have witnessed such behaviour in Scotland before, although obviously not on this scale.

No past convictions for me I'm afraid, and I've never left my kids home alone whilst getting ratted either. Sorry to disappoint.
Montgomery Burns
Suspect

Postby Montgomery Burns » Thu May 15, 2008 6:31 pm

Sad Git wrote:Personally I'm already sick of listening to all the pathetic excuses being trundled out to defend last night's hooligan behaviour. It's the fault of the police, the city council, the defective screens, UEFA, etc etc etc. There always seems to be someone else to blame, never the violent drunken thugs themselves. And expect to hear all this bollox again next week when English fans inevitably go on the rampage in Moscow.

Hopefully they'll get the water cannon treatment if they even think about trying it.
Montgomery Burns
Suspect

Next

Return to News and Sport