Woman's hour Kate McCann interview - 8th Aug 2007 (Reposted)

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

Woman's hour Kate McCann interview - 8th Aug 2007 (Reposted)

Postby MsMarbles » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:23 pm

All Kate's inflections added as best I could, and how I have interpruted them them from audio, to give the feel of the interview for all those who may have trouble accessing the interview. Also some words are sometimes a bit indistingishible, so the word added as what it appears to be as such

I know I am a stickler for detail, but I just wanted those who read this to get the feel of the interview as much as poissible:

Saturday 11th August marks a hundred days since four year old Madeleine McCann went missing from a holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz. From the day of her disappearance, her parents have conducted a high-profile media campaign to try to find her. In her first solo broadcast interview, Madeleine's mother Kate talks to Jenni about her ordeal and her determination not to give up hope of being reunited with her daughter.

International Crimestoppers 0044 18 83 73 13 36, Crimestoppers in the UK 0800 555 111 or Portuguese police 00351 282 405 400

National Missing People on Freefone – 0500 700 700

Link to Woman's Hour Radio Interview
________________________________________________________________________________
Transcript of Woman's hour Kate McCann interview - 8th Aug 2007

Jenni Murray: Now this mornings papers yet again are full of the McCann's, the parents of Madeleine who disappeared from their holiday apartment in Portugal nearly 100 days ago.

There's been a flurry of activity this week with forensic investigation of the only named suspects garden, a detailed examination of the apartment, and the discovery there of what may be blood. The McCann's have themselves appeared to be under suspicion as their car was searched, and some of today's headlines carry their denial that they had anything to do with Madeleine's abduction.

Well Kate McCann has never before spoken alone in a broadcast interview. I asked her how's she coping with the current developements in the investigation.

Kate McCann: And obviously I can't talk too much about the investigation, umm, but, just trying to get through one day at a time to be honest Jenni. Ermmmm, you know, some of the stuff we're not sure about anyway, and we don't know if it's true or not, so ermmm, inhales audibly at this point we're just coping day by day really. Err, we've got a lot of support, umm, very close family and friends, and as you're aware we've had a huge support from the general public. Ermmm, and we're just trying to have ....inhales audibly again and next bit inaudible and said within a kind of supressed laugh obviously with a mi .... as normal life as possible for, for the twins, you know.

Jenni Murray: There has been a lot of speculation as well though that the Police have treated you and your husband, as suspects. How do you handle that kind of very personal speculation?

Kate McCann: Inhales audibly Ermm, I think you just gotta exasperated sigh think to yourself, I mean yo.. you need the investigation to be thorough and ermm, inhales audibly you know, we, we'd welcome that really. Ermmm, short pause you know. You know what, we've got a very good working relationship with the Portuguese Police, and err we've come a long way since the beginning of the investigation. inhales audibly and I mean the Police are very open at the beginning, saying everybody is a suspect, and I think that's often the case in, in many crimes as well.

Jenni Murray: And yet of course now it seems that the detailed forensic examination is only beginning to happen now? And you know, things like details of blood in the apartment which are only just now coming all over the British Press at at the moment.

Loudly audibly inhales Why do you suppose that sortemphasise on the word 'sort' here of forensic examination is coming so late, three months after Madeleine disappeared?

Kate McCann: Inhales loudly and for a few seconds. I'm sorry Jenni, I can't, I can't really talk too much about the investigation. Ermm, obviously with Judicial secrecy and we are witnesses to a crime, so, inhales audibly I don't wanna do anything that will jepodise the investigation and possibly jepodise Madeleine, so err, probably best if we can veer away a little bit from the investigation.

Jenni Murray: How do you deal though, with the discovery of new forensic details, stories of you know, children being spotted in various different parts of Europe, people taking DNA evidence from glasses incase it was Madeleine. How are you dealing with that on a day to day basis?

Kate McCann: Longish pause If I'm honest, we don't read the papers very often, small kind of suppressed laugh ermm, an, and, that's largely because at the beginning, ermm, anything we did read or anything we watched on the television, there's so much speculation and inhales audibly speculation is upsetting and it, it doesn't help us, you know, so we, we t-try and veer away really. inhales audibly Ermm, the good thing that I'd say about the sightings, I mean we don't hear about them all Jenni, but the good thing is it, it just you know, it, it says to us that people are still looking and that's really important, so we'd encourage that.

Jenni Murray: What do you remember Kate of the last day you spent together as a family?

Kate McCann: Longish pause and than a large intake of breath and tongue clicking noise I mean, we'd had a brilliant holiday, we'd had a really good time, the kids had had a fantastic time, Madeleine herself had had a ball. Inhales audibly Ermm, exasperated sigh Again I can't go into specifics about the actual day, but, ermm, you know, Madeleine was very happy, y.. you know, we hadn't done anythink out the norm of that week. Ermm, small pause you know, she, she, was just very happy really, and, you know, my last memory of her is being very happy.

Jenni Murray: We've read that she told you what a wonderful time she'd had that day.... Kate McCann: Yeah Jenni Murray: .... How important is that for you to hold on to?

Kate McCann: That's on, that's really important. I mean, it, I mean it was obvious to me that she'd had a really good week anyway. Ermm, it just so happened that on the Thursday she said that was the best Kate emphasises on the word 'best' day of the week she'd had. Ermmm, and, you know, she was quite tired but she was happy and tired. And, erm, I mean, that's how I remember Madeleine.

Jenni Murray: Was she sleeping when you left her?

Kate McCann: Long Pause and huge intake of breath Ermmm, yes she was, slight low breathing out noiseyeah.

Jenni Murray: Lots of people would have asked you this question. You will have gone over this question in your mind over and over again, but Why Did emphasise on the 'why' and 'did' you think that night that three such young children would be safe, alone in the apartment whilst you went out?

Kate McCann: Audible intake of breath I mean it's a good question Jenni, and it's not..like.. I don't keep going over that in my head, but I think the fact that I went for dinner, ermmm, and obviously we were checking on 'em very regularly, ermm, inhales audibly says to me that I obviously felt it was incredibly safe. If I'd have had to think for one second emphasise on the word second whether that was ok it wouldn't have happened. Ermm, now why did I feel it was that safe? I could only assume I mean, I mean, I don't know if you've been out to Praia da Luz, it's a very happy, ermm, calm, ermm, place, and it actually feels incredibly safe. I mean I've never been to Portugal before, but a lot of my friends and family have, and they go because of it's a family friendly place inhales audibly and I can only assume that you know, possibly I was lulled into it, a false sense of security, I don't know, but, doe's a kind of tongue clucking noise, then inhales audibly evr..everybody knows too we..we were dining very closely to where they were and we were checking them very regularly, and voice raise here like it takes on a more positivity tone to it the reason that we were then tone returns to as before checking them regularly Jenni, was just incase emphasise on the words 'just incase' very fervently somebody woke up, which they don't usually do.

I mean I never thought for one minute, and who would? You don't think for one minute that something as awful as this would happen.

Jenni Murray: How did you discover that she wasn't there?

Kate McCann: Longish pause then tongue clicking noise Again I can't go suppressed sounding laugh into too many details, but obviously when I went back to check on them, ermm, she wasn't there.

Jenni Murray:And what was your first......Kate cuts into Jenni's question Kate McCann: And I knew .... Jenni Murray: Jenni cuts back in .... What was your first thought, what did you think immediately had happened?

Kate McCann: Pause, then the tongue clicking sound Wellll, I, I, obviously, I kind of looked and double looked and, errmm, pause you know, there was that sort of twenty seconds of 'yeah she must be there', suppressed kind of laugh errmm, but there was no doubt in my mind, withinsuppressed sort of laugh probably thirty voice raises then lulls again for the word 'thirty' seconds, ermm, that Madeleine had been taken from that room.

I can't go into the reasons why I thought that, but it was inhales audibly no doubt whatsoever. Longish pause And Madeleine wouldn't have walked out herself. I know that The words 'I know that' spoken with an air of complete cocksuredness about them.

Jenni Murray: We've read repeatedly that that you are someone who really does hate being in the public eye, you're a very private sort of person.

Why then did you and your husband launch emphasise put here on the word 'launch' such a high profile publicity campaign after Madeleine disappeared?

Kate McCann: I mean what, what, what you said about me, Jenni, is absolutely true, I mean, I, I don't like, you know when you think public eye. I, I'm, I don't particularly, I don't like having my photograph taken, I don't like doing interviews, I don't like doing presentations. But inhales audibly It's not about me, d'ya know what I mean? It's not about me, it's not about Gerry, it's about Madeleine. And we all do absolutely inhales audibly anythink and everythink, err, which we think might help Madeleine... help find Madeleineinhales audibly and, you know, we don't know if we've done the right thing, we've just done what we felt was the right thing to do and that was to publicise Madeleine's disappearance, and try and get as many people looking as possible. And if that means I have to put myself in the public eye, well I have to get over that and do it.

Jenni Murray: But how much do you worry, as some people have suggested that it maybe can be counter-productive, that it could motivate her abductors to hide her away?

Kate McCann: Longish pause, then tongue clicking noise, then audible intake of breath I mean we always knew, ermm, there was a slight risk of that, and to be honest Jenni, I mean, everything we've done since Madeleine was taken has a slight risk, and I mean, that's, that's a horrible situation to be in, to be having to take risks and to think that something you, you do could possibly jepodise her, but, you know we had to make a decision and audible large intake of breath we couldn't sit and do nothink and we honestly felt that it's the best thing to do. And what, what, what we have heard recently from NICMEC, the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children, in Washington, was they totally backed what we've done, they've said 100% you have done the right thing. An..and their experienced, Doe's a kind of tongue clicking noise so.

Jenni Murray: Why do you .... Kate interrupts Jenni's question, Kates's talk is unaudible here, but Jenni carries on asking her question anyway .... do they think it, why do they think it's the right thing?

Kate McCann: Ermm, well, just, just, for an example, I mean obviously your NICMEC see, ermm, you know, the good stories as well as the bad, and, you know, they're involved in children that are actually retrieved, and one in six of those children that are retrieved is because somebodies recognised the poster of that child. inhales audibly You know NICMEC have been, you know, been going for twenty four years now, and there's a huge number of err, abductions, it's very sad there's a huge number of abduction in, in America, so they have got a great deal of experience.

Jenni Murray: Why did you choose to stay in Portugal?

Kate McCann: Quite Long Pause and then a very audible intake of breath For me, err, And I know this may be possibly no logic attached to it. sound very much like a suppressed kind of laugh here I just feel a bit closer to Madeleine here, ermm, and obviously we're closer to the investigation here.

Audible intake of breath Ermmm, I know some of that might sound a little bit audible short intake of breath bizzare, I don't know, but ermm, you know, because we, we don't know where Madeleine is? She could be anywhere, ermm, and there's no reason to say that she's closer to me here in Portugal than if I was in the UK. Urmm, I mean, I'm also aware that there's things that practically, err, might be easier err, at home, but, if, ah, ah, it's just a gut feeling really, and at the moment this is the right thing for us to do. I don't know how we'll feel Jenni tries to interrupt with a question that starts 'D.. do y' but Kate continues to finish her previous reply in a month's time or you know later.

Jenni Murray: What about the twins though? I wondered how worried you might be that your focus is so much on Madeleine and perhaps not quite enough on the younger children.

Kate McCann: Longish pause and then the tongue clicking noise I mean, Shaun and Amelie you know, but we're very aware of their needs and you know the first four or five days, you know, it was, it was very difficult to us, to en, to function, ermm, audible intake of breath and obviously we were very reliant on family, family then, to, to, to help us with the twins as well. Err, I mean, the huge emotional and physical impact, that sort of accute grief reaction had, is, you know, undescribable really.

Audible intake of breath Ermm, but now w.. we spend a huge emphasise put on the word 'huge' here amount of time at the twins, I mean, they, you know, they certainly wouldn't get to spend this amount of time with Gerry if were at home and he was working. Audible intake of breath Ermm, you know, they, they go to the kids club in the morning for a couple of hours, which is a little bit like the nursery at home and they get to do lots of creative things as well as sort of swimming and things like that. Short audible intake of breath We tend to spend the whole afternoon with them and the evening until they go to bed. So any work or meetings that we have, get done in the morning or late in the evening. Ermm, but th.. they're very, very happy, they've always been surrounded by loving, protective family and friends if we're not there. And we've taken professional advice as well, just to check that everything we're doing for them is, is thought to be correct.

Jenni Murray: How have you explained to them what might have happened to Madeleine.

Kate McCann: Tongue clicking and audible large intake of breath We haven't had to to be honest, I mean, th.. they've only just turned two and a half, ermmm, ermm, you know, and th.. they don't have any concept of time. I mean they're very aware that Madeleine isn't there. Ermmm, and they, they, they have commented that they missed her, errmm, and obviously th.. there's photographs of Madeleine, you know, around the accomodation, we talk about Madeleine a lot, err, they refer to Madeleine's things, you know, sort of Madeleine's bag, Madeleine's Cuddle Cat, and they include her in their play. You know, they'll say a biscuit for Shaun, a biscuit for Amelie, a biscuit for Madeleine. Ermm, but we haven't at this stage had to go into any details, and to be fair Jenni, we haven't actually got very small pause a story we can tell them at the moment, because we don't know what's happened to Madeleine. All that I've said to them is that we're, you know, w.. we're looking very hard for Madeleine, but even things like that, that, you know, it's a split second thing and then they're off playing with Noddy or you know, whoever. You know, they don't, they don't dwell on it, they're actually very happy and don't appear distressed at all.

Jenni Murray: How hard is it for you though when they seemed to be reacting as if Madeleine in any way is still there?

Kate McCann: Pause, then tongue clicking noise and audible intake of breath I mean sometimes it does catch me, obviously, urmm, you know, if it's sort of unexpected and they suddenly start talking about her, ermm, ermm, but I, but I'm pleased they're talking about her, I don't want them to forget Madeleine I want them to, you know, for Madeleine to remain very much in their memory, so ermm, does kind of tongue clicking noise yeah, occasionally it catches me, but it's good that they're talking about her I think.

Jenni Murray: It seemed to those of us looking on, as if it it's been an incredibly hectic time for you when some people might think your, you know, I might have just wanted to retreat home. You've been travelling the world, how helpful is the activity?

Kate McCann: Quite long pause then audible intake of breath I mean I think it does help. I mean there's, you know, we discovered from the minute that we realised that Madeleine had gone, how awful, helplessness feels. Ermm, so we've basically just tried to stay focused and positive and think of, and take advice, but think of anythink that we feel might, benefit, big emphasise on the words 'might' especially and also 'benefit' ermm, you know, of, of us finding Madeleine really. Errmm, and obviously by keeping active by publicising her disappearance, ermm, we've felt we've done that, certainly for Gerry, ermm, he has been, he's coped much better when he's been doing something, when he's been focused.

Jenni Murray: And what in fact has it had on your relationship with your husband, I mean especially if he's the one especially whose benefitting from going, rushing around the World and you're at home with the Children?

Kate McCann: Yeah, I mean, to be honest I haven't been many trips Jenni, where we've been seperated. I mean I know he went to Washington, but that was only a few days, and obviously at home Gerry has to go to conferences and stuff, so there isn't, there's nothing out the normal here from that point of view. Err, we're lucky that we've got a very strong relationship, we've always had a strong relationship, and ermm, I mean communications always been important for us and we're well aware that it's vital at the moment. Ermm, you know, we've got strengths and weaknesses you know, we reach different points at different times I guess, but we're managing to keep togerther and pull each other through when we need to.

Jenni Murray: And how do those strengths and weaknesses balance themselves out? I mean, what, what strengths and weaknesses does Gerry have and what strengths and weaknesses do you have?

Kate McCann: Very long pause, tongue clicking noise and a large audible intake of breath Ermm, I mean, you know, as I've mentioned before, sort of Gerry's strengths, he's used to speaking in public, ermm, and he handles that very well, ermm, exasperated sigh Mine, I don't really like talking about my strengths too much. said with ta kind of laughbut, ermm, you know, I mean I'm happy kind of doing you know, s.. some of the kinds of perhaps the domestic stuff, as well you know, the cooking. Ermm, I mean the important thing really is whatever we've done we tend t.. to pair up as a team. Ermm, you know when Gerry went to Washington we felt it was better that one person went rather than both of us. Ermm, but it was vital for us to kind of audible intake of breath keep in, ermm, contact regularly throughout that time, so often, we were on the phone three to four times a day just so I could be aware of, you know, who Gerry was meeting, what was getting discussed, or if there was anything that between us we needed to decide we could. Audible intake of breath And I think we're a very good and equal partnership really.

Jenni Murray: How do you get through the time between the frantic activity, the quiet times and the nights?

Kate McCann: Yeah, ermm, they often are as I say, very much with, with
err, with Shaun and Amelie. So, audible intake of breath you know, we're usually playing with them, sort of role play or reading stories or you know we're go for a walk, or they'll go for a swim or something, so, I mean that's, you know, very much as normal as we're going to get at the moment.

Ermm, evenings usually y.., you know, they're going to bed a little bit, the twins are going to bed a little bit later than would be normal at home. Ermm, tongue clicking noise and a large audible intake of breath so, often we just kind of, ermm, we have the usual nighttime stories and then as I say one.. once they've gone to bed, we'll usually get on and do a little bit more work really.

Jenni Murray: Do you sleep at night?......

Kate McCann: ..... Kate interupts Jenni, just as Jenni gets her question acrossWe tend to, we tend to have, replies to Jenni's question with 'Yeah' then carries on dinner together, certainly still lunchtimes and evening meals are spent together as a family. And I describe those as very normal.

Large audible intake of breath Ermm, sleeping through the night, yes. I do actually. I mean, the first four or five days was ermm, does that tongue clicking noise I didn't sleep really, ermm, as I mentioned earlier it was very hard t.. to function at all. Ermm, but now I'm fine, actually I don't I'm usually quite tired to be honest by the time we get to bed. But I haven't had any problems sleeping.

Jenni Murray: How much hope do you still have that you will find Madeleine alive?

Kate McCann: Longish pause, tongue clicking noise and audible intake of breath I do still have hope Jenni, in fact I probably have more hope now than I did right at the beginning. Ermm, it's also very important to hang on to that hope really, I mean it's so important to stay focused and positive and audible intake of breath you know, we haven't had any news to the contrary that Madeleine isn't alive, you know, and th.. and that's very important audible intake of breath and there have been many cases of Children that have been found, ermm, much later than this, so again that's reassuring, so the hope's still there.

Jenni Murray: And at what point do you think you and Gerry will have to accept that it's time to come home and pick up the pieces?

Kate McCann: Audible intake of breath Again I don't know, I mean that's very much a day by day, week by week thing really. And I can only audible intake of breath think that when the time is right, I'll know. Certainly at the moment it feels right to be here. But, as I say things might change and suddenly it'll be lright to be at home. It's very, ver.. very difficult one to predict really.

Jenni Murray: And how will you deal with the guilt that will probably stay with you forever of having left Madeleine alone?

Kate McCann: Very long pause, tongue clicking noise and a large audible intake of breath I have actually come to terms a little bit with, with that Jenni, I mean, you know, audible intake of breath I know the ermm, exasperated sigh I know the situation that we were in that night and I mean, I've said all along I didn't feel I was taking a risk.

large audible intake of breath Ermm, yeah, I, I, I, I do feel desperately sorry I wasn't with Madeleine at. that. minute. when she was taken. Ermm, I'd also like to mention I've had so much support from so many people, I've had so many letters and comments sent me .. sent to me from other families and particularly other mums saying, you know, we have done what you've done a hundred times over, do not blame yourself. Ermm, does tongue clicking noise and certainly when I'm in my car and when rational moments Jenni, I know how much I love my children, and I'm, I know how responsible I am and that's what I have to hang on, hang on to really.

Jenni Murray: and wha.. when you look at the sort of work that Gerry's done, particularly in America, and there's sort of people you've been in contact with who have real expertise in these matters, what sort of lessons can be learned from what's happened to you?

Kate McCann: Very long pause, tongue clicking noise and a large audible intake of breath,then a very audible exasperated sigh I mean, I think it, it's important that the general public are informed really, as the scale of the problem, you know, I.. I'd like to think I'm a fairly well read person and, ermm, I was horrified really of you know, the things that I've learnt about since this happened. Ermm, ....

Jenni Murray:Jenni interrupts Kate's answering, with another question .... What sort of things are you horrified by?

Kate McCann: The scale of the problem, err, the number of children that are abducted, ermm, you know, the, for example just, I mean, I think the problem that we have a little bit in Europe is there's just, statistics aren't all there basically. Ermm, but I, I had some statistics passed on to me from PACT, which is err, Parents and Abducted Children Together. And in England and Wales alone, and that's just England and Wales, ermm, sort of the 2002 -2003 year, there were a thousand, ermm, attempted Stranger abductions. Does a kinf of tongue clicking noise Now, a hundred of those just under 10% of those, ermm, were does a kind of tongue clicking noise actual abductions. I don't like to use the word successful even though I think that's probably the word that's used, but a hundred children were taken by Strangers. Longish pause and then carries on in a matter of fact manner/way to fishish the sentence And as I say, a thousand were attempted. I mean, I, I think that's huge just for England and Wales. And we don't know what the scale of the problem is in Europe.

Ermm, I think it's really important that people, parents, know these kind of things and just to take extra care. I mean, hopefully, what, you know, we'll be able to do things that might change some of these things. That might improve things, make the World a little bit safer for children, but in the meantime I think parents should be aware really and just take extra care.

Jenni Murray: And what sort of lessons do you think authorities need to learn from the way, what happened to you was handled?

Kate McCann: Long pause and then tongue clicking noise and large audible inhaling of breath Ermm, I think they need to be, exasperated sigh err, have systems in place across Europe, really, for a, a quick response to a child that's gone missing, and particularly a child that's been abducted. Ermm, and it probably needs to be a Europe wide response. Ermm, there's other things as well, I think all Countries in Europe should have a Sex Offenders Register, and probably, ermm, CRB checks should be in place throughout Europe.

I mean a lot of what I've learned to make comparants... comparisons with are obviously, err, the imformation that's come from the States. And, err, they do seem to be a little bit ahead, quite a bit ahead rather, ermm, with reacting to situations like this.

Jenni Murray: What's next for you now, Kate? Er, I mean, I know you don't want to go into any details of the current investigation is all forensic discoveries, but immediately now, where do you go from here?

Kate McCann: Longish pause, then tongue clicking noise and large audible intake of breath Well you know, I just hope Jenni, fr.. you know every day I'm hoping that we don't get to the next one. And, I mean it is true when I say we really just try and deal with it one day, ermm, and then the next ermm, and take it as it comes really. I mean, you know, I don't feel I can go through anything worse than this. In my life, you know, so, I feel I can probably handle most things now.

Jenni Murray: when ever we see you in a picture, you're, you're carrying Madeleine's toy with you.

How important is that that you keep that close?

Kate McCann: You know Cuddle Cat, Cuddle Cat's with me now actually Low laugh at the moment. I mean, Cud.. Cuddle Cat was err, is very special to Madeleine, and, ermm, she took it to bed every night and she tended to have it if she was feeling tired or if she was feeling unwell. And because it was special to Madeleine, it's special to me. And, ermm, you know, it does provide me with a little bit of comfort.

Jenni Murray: I was talking to Kate McCann.
I believe.....
I believe and trust in Eddie and keela.
__
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
MsMarbles
On Parole

Re: Woman's hour Kate McCann interview - 8th Aug 2007 (Reposted)

Postby OoBubblesoO » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:09 pm

"Kate McCann: You know Cuddle Cat, Cuddle Cat's with me now actually Low laugh at the moment. I mean, Cud.. Cuddle Cat was err, is very special to Madeleine, and, ermm, she took it to bed every night and she tended to have it if she was feeling tired or if she was feeling unwell. And because it was special to Madeleine, it's special to me. And, ermm, you know, it does provide me with a little bit of comfort."

Says it all really doesn't it? :|
OoBubblesoO
First Time Offender

Postby 198abv » Mon May 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Thanks a lot for the interview.
I did listen to it..., months ago.., but I had not the transcript.
At last I find it.
Thanks a lot for your efford
198abv
Suspect

Postby 198abv » Mon May 05, 2008 12:03 pm

OoBubblesoO wrote:"Kate McCann: You know Cuddle Cat, Cuddle Cat's with me now actually Low laugh at the moment. I mean, Cud.. Cuddle Cat was err, is very special to Madeleine, and, ermm, she took it to bed every night and she tended to have it if she was feeling tired or if she was feeling unwell. And because it was special to Madeleine, it's special to me. And, ermm, you know, it does provide me with a little bit of comfort."

Says it all really doesn't it? :|

I had not noticed it.
Thanks a lot for pointing out that detail.
198abv
Suspect

Postby 198abv » Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

One of the things that caught my atention in the interview was the fact that Kate does refuse to go into details when it comes to the last day with maddie.
I find it odd.
I very much love a 3 year old nice.
She does live far from me.
I just am with her from time 2 time.

If anyone did ask me

What do you remember of the last day you spent together with her...?
I would have described a detail of both of us together.., but Kate does not do it.

She does avoid to give any detail.

Jenni Murray: What do you remember Kate of the last day you spent together as a family?

Kate McCann: Longish pause and than a large intake of breath and tongue clicking noise I mean, we'd had a brilliant holiday, we'd had a really good time, the kids had had a fantastic time, Madeleine herself had had a ball. Inhales audibly Ermm, exasperated sigh Again I can't go into specifics about the actual day, but, ermm, you know, Madeleine was very happy, y.. you know, we hadn't done anythink out the norm of that week. Ermm, small pause you know, she, she, was just very happy really, and, you know, my last memory of her is being very happy.
unquote
198abv
Suspect

Postby bomaris » Mon May 05, 2008 12:27 pm

Yes, this does now seem to have added significance:

Rather than give any details, she resorts to generalisations. The idea she can't give any details because of judicial secrecy is absurd - she's already given details about events before the "abduction".

She could have said, "we had a lovely tea together at the nursery" or "we wathced her playing tennis" or some such, but she doesn't.
bomaris
Hardened Criminal

Postby 198abv » Mon May 05, 2008 4:18 pm

I completely agree with you bomaris.
Kate does resort to generalisation.

Rather than give any details, she resorts to generalisations

unquote

exactly.
Its exactly that.
After reading Kate reply in the BBC interview it did come to my mind her reply , in an interview to spanish TV.

They were talking about Maddie.
The journalist does ask her, ( in spanish ).

3 minutes 44seconds into the video

Lets go back to that fatefull day.
What is your last thing you remember about her ?

Kate does reply : Just a happy little girl. Peacefull , happy little girl.

Gerry: Yes. I think all the times the nice times we have had in our house and play with her, with her and the twins.

unquote

She does reply exactly in the same way she does in the BBC interview.
She does refuse to give any details.
Gerry does remember the times in their house .
He does not reply to the question, either.

See video here

http://video.news.sky.com/skynews/video ... ID=1289955

Something that caught my atention in the video.
Just look at the facial expression of Gerry when he does remember Kate.
He does not look sad, for me.
Actually , it seems to me , he does look self satisfied with the way he had just replied to the spanish journalist.

Look at the pictures.

It took me more than one hour to capture these pictures
http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/4/5 ... 88b7ba.jpg
198abv
Suspect

Postby 198abv » Tue May 06, 2008 4:21 pm

In the first skynews interview , May 25 , 2007 , Kate also refused to detail about the events May 3.

IAN WOODS (IW): Gerry and Kate thanks very much for talking to us. I'd like to begin by taking you back to the events of May 3 on that evening. Tell us how you discovered how Madeleine had gone.

KATE McCANN (KM): As I think people are aware, we were checking regularly on the children and it was during one of my checks that I discovered she had gone. I can't really go into any details about that. I'm sure any parent will realise how that felt.

end of quote.

At that time they were not arguidos. Suspects.
They could have described a scene.., but nothing.

3 interviews, same behaviour . They do not give details.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 68,00.html
198abv
Suspect

Postby Slim » Sat May 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Kate McCann: Audible intake of breath I mean it's a good question Jenni, and it's not..like.. I don't keep going over that in my head, but I think the fact that I went for dinner, ermmm, and obviously we were checking on 'em very regularly, ermm, inhales audibly says to me that I obviously felt it was incredibly safe. If I'd have had to think for one second emphasise on the word second whether that was ok it wouldn't have happened. Ermm, now why did I feel it was that safe? I could only assume I mean, I mean, I don't know if you've been out to Praia da Luz, it's a very happy, ermm, calm, ermm, place, and it actually feels incredibly safe. I mean I've never been to Portugal before, but a lot of my friends and family have, and they go because of it's a family friendly place inhales audibly and I can only assume that you know, possibly I was lulled into it, a false sense of security, I don't know, but, doe's a kind of tongue clucking noise, then inhales audibly evr..everybody knows too we..we were dining very closely to where they were and we were checking them very regularly, and voice raise here like it takes on a more positivity tone to it the reason that we were then tone returns to as before checking them regularly Jenni, was just incase emphasise on the words 'just incase' very fervently somebody woke up, which they don't usually do.

I mean I never thought for one minute, and who would? You don't think for one minute that something as awful as this would happen.

was just incase emphasise on the words 'just incase' very fervently somebody woke up, which they don't usually do.
Slim
New In Town

Postby earthspirit » Sat May 17, 2008 7:30 pm

bump
just a con to get money
she could hardly refuse though
earthspirit_truthseeker on the mirror forum

always searching for the truth and for now, for madeleine, who never got to be 4
earthspirit
On Parole

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations