MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby Whatever » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:31 pm

sprat wrote:Ken Loach has made some great films that are more honest than most. He always championed the under dog.
How sad to see his daughter is not following in his footsteps.

"Emma Loach, director of the documentary and daughter of film-maker Ken Loach, is understood to be convinced of the couple's innocence."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/arti ... article.do


You never know....if she's as clever as her Dad, she'll manage to get the right message across.
'okay, we've tried really hard and we've come up with nothing' - K. McCann
User avatar
Whatever
Hardened Criminal
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:39 pm

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby Whatever » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:34 pm

diddy wrote:I'm sure they have been advised not to admit neglect.

But to be saying that what they did was good parenting is just laughable.
And they are trying to defend what they did, which to me means that you did something wrong.
As well as not admitting it, I would have thought they should also have been advised to say nothing at all about it!


But it's not like they've banged into someone's car is it? This is what is so ludicrous. Surely it's the same in Portugal as it is in the UK - if defendants admit their guilt the judge is more likely to go a bit easier on 'em.
'okay, we've tried really hard and we've come up with nothing' - K. McCann
User avatar
Whatever
Hardened Criminal
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:39 pm

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby blacksmith » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:36 pm

SallyGardens wrote:
blacksmith wrote:I note that we now have a new Author thread to join the Messiah thread.

I can't really debate on the threads themselves because I don't spend time on my knees. I long ago pointed out to the Author that the problem of transposing three dimensional geometry of moving objects onto two dimensional static surfaces is one of higher mathematics and not fully solved yet, let alone vulnerable to attack with a boy scout protractor and poor elementary mathematics.

But here we go again. Just as in the Messiah thread, criticism of any sort is liable to be met with violently unpleasant accusations of disruption or sabotage, mirror images of the vituperation that the pro-McCanns dished out on the MF. Not from the Threadmasters themselves, of course – oh no, they are far above such ripostes and have their dignity to preserve - but from disciples.

I don't do personal threads. But if I did I would immediately reject such unpleasant messages in my support. By their non-repudiation of this behaviour the Threadmasters of course are deliberately encouraging its use. Disciples? Or perhaps spokesmen? Doesn't the tactic remind you of those used by a certain pair of beleaguered suspects?





theAuthor should be omitted from your diatribe. You say you do not do personal threads but you do "do" personal remarks, (I have yet to be accused by theAuthor, for instance, of sending him a naughty webcam image - I don't think his mind veers that way.. :wink: )...I put it to you that you are envious of theAuthor. Whilst you say you have, in the past, pointed out his failings, as you see them, the gent has the audacity, as you see it, to continue about his own ways and methods
undaunted.
Indeed the best place for you to take up these issues or have your say against any thread-holder, is to do so on the said threads.
I do not know who is meant by the "Messiah" ... but you appear to ... why don't you pay him a visit and take up your concerns there, for a start?


:D
blacksmith
Been Cautioned
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:29 pm

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby SallyGardens » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:40 pm

elizabeth wrote:
blacksmith wrote:I note that we now have a new Author thread to join the Messiah thread.

I can't really debate on the threads themselves because I don't spend time on my knees. I long ago pointed out to the Author that the problem of transposing three dimensional geometry of moving objects onto two dimensional static surfaces is one of higher mathematics and not fully solved yet, let alone vulnerable to attack with a boy scout protractor and poor elementary mathematics.

But here we go again. Just as in the Messiah thread, criticism of any sort is liable to be met with violently unpleasant accusations of disruption or sabotage, mirror images of the vituperation that the pro-McCanns dished out on the MF. Not from the Threadmasters themselves, of course – oh no, they are far above such ripostes and have their dignity to preserve - but from disciples.

I don't do personal threads. But if I did I would immediately reject such unpleasant messages in my support. By their non-repudiation of this behaviour the Threadmasters of course are deliberately encouraging its use. Disciples? Or perhaps spokesmen? Doesn't the tactic remind you of those used by a certain pair of beleaguered suspects?


I have to agree with you. The Author suffers from an extreme case of logghorea. Most of the ramblings are irrelevant and bordering on the inane. But he has his disciples who sit at his feet and believe ever ludicrous word. He is drunk on his own verbosity.




:lol: :lol: That may well apply to some posters, indeed...
Last edited by bjr on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Report closed - Please keep on topic - this is the Main Madeleine Thread
SallyGardens
Hardened Criminal
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:00 pm

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby Dreyfus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Whatever wrote:
Dreyfus wrote:Here's the rebuttal from Clarrie on the Sky website:

The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, denied a report that Kate McCann criticises the holiday firm in the documentary over the lack of a room listening service.

He told Sky News online: "She hasn't attacked them. It's a passing reference in a two-hour documentary. In an ideal world there would have been a listening service but that wasn't the case. She's not dwelling on this point."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 52,00.html

So this week it's a "passing reference".
Madeleine's question to her mum was a "breezy aside".

What's the matter with this man, doesn't he speak English? A reproach is a reproach.


How is a listening service 'an ideal world'? has Pinky got piglets?


This remark of Clarrie's belongs alongside his comment the other week that the McCanns were incredibly "unlucky" to have lost Madeleine, when they had actually upped the checking routine on the night of 3rd May (supposedly). He just doesn't realise that the only person who was truly "unlucky" in all this was Madeleine herself.

He and the McCanns will go on making gaffes like these because they just don't get it - Madeleine is a human being who deserves to be treated with respect and dignity as a person in her own right, she's not just an object which is the personal property of the McCanns and which has happened to go missing, rather like a piece of luggage from Terminal 5.

It's funny, looking out earlier in the evening light at one of the first fine spring evenings of the year, it really took me back to a year ago, and here we are, having come full circle, back to the start - talking about neglect. It was always about the neglect, that was our starting point. In the words of the American journalist someone quoted: "Was the paella worth it, Mrs McCann?"
Dreyfus
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Devil's Island

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby Ismellarat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:04 pm

[quote="Dreyfus In the words of the American journalist someone quoted: "Was the paella worth it, Mrs McCann?"[/quote]

T'was Chris Freind on the 15/05/2007:

hope you don't mind me quoting the whole paragraph Dreyfus:

Quote:
I don't care if such a custom is commonplace in Europe. I don't care if 99.9 percent of the time, everything works out fine. It's stupid, careless and criminal, and I hope after Madeleine is found, the parents are brought up on charges. They must be made an example of what happens when parents abdicate the responsibility of actually parenting. The McCann's are singlehandedly responsible for this situation, and they should not be let off the hook under the rationale that "they have already suffered enough."
Tell Madeleine about the odds. Tell her about "suffering".
Hope the paella was worth it, Mr. and Mrs. McCann.
Unquote

Source:

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/news.cfm?newsid=18342147
User avatar
Ismellarat
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:45 pm
Location: in the embrace of the trade winds

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby elizabeth » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:16 pm

SallyGardens wrote:
elizabeth wrote:[

I have to agree with you. The Author suffers from an extreme case of logghorea. Most of the ramblings are irrelevant and bordering on the inane. But he has his disciples who sit at his feet and believe ever ludicrous word. He is drunk on his own verbosity.




:lol: :lol: That may well apply to some posters, indeed...


PART COMMENT DELETED

The Author has an overinflated sense of his own intelligence and his turgid prose. You have to have very low literary taste to enjoy reading that tripe. Most of t makes no sense and is based on a very skewed view of facts. Not worth the time to plough through such rubbish.
Last edited by bjr on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Report closed - Part comment deleted
User avatar
elizabeth
Suspect
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby SallyGardens » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:23 pm

elizabeth wrote:
SallyGardens wrote:
elizabeth wrote:[

I have to agree with you. The Author suffers from an extreme case of logghorea. Most of the ramblings are irrelevant and bordering on the inane. But he has his disciples who sit at his feet and believe ever ludicrous word. He is drunk on his own verbosity.




:lol: :lol: That may well apply to some posters, indeed...


When are you going to post something relevant instead of stalking?

The Author has an overinflated sense of his own intelligence and his turgid prose. You have to have very low literary taste to enjoy reading that tripe. Most of t makes no sense and is based on a very skewed view of facts. Not worth the time to plough through such rubbish.



POST DELETED BY ADMIN
Last edited by janz1956 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: PLEASE TAKE ANY GRIEVANCES TO PM AND KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC
SallyGardens
Hardened Criminal
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:00 pm

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby SallyGardens » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Dear Admin/Mods of 3A...thank you for deleting my posts just because Elizabeth could not think of anything to say in response. And I do not have any "grievances"...although I think she may... :lol: ....hence she pressed the "report" switch...splendid standard of posting! (not)
SallyGardens
Hardened Criminal
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:00 pm

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby bjr » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:42 pm

SallyGardens wrote:Dear Admin/Mods of 3A...thank you for deleting my posts just because Elizabeth could not think of anything to say in response. And I do not have any "grievances"...although I think she may... :lol: ....hence she pressed the "report" switch...splendid standard of posting! (not)

If you look carefully SallyG, there was no mention of a report in the mods notes. The post was deleted NOT because of a report but because it was deemed to have breached the code of conduct.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
User avatar
bjr
Moderator
 
Posts: 4181
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: 3rd Cesspit from left of Rothley Towers

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby SallyGardens » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:44 pm

bjr wrote:
SallyGardens wrote:Dear Admin/Mods of 3A...thank you for deleting my posts just because Elizabeth could not think of anything to say in response. And I do not have any "grievances"...although I think she may... :lol: ....hence she pressed the "report" switch...splendid standard of posting! (not)

If you look carefully SallyG, there was no mention of a report in the mods notes. The post was deleted NOT because of a report but because it was deemed to have breached the code of conduct.



I take it Elizabeth overstepped the code of conduct then? Very good. Understood. Well done, 3A admin! :D


(Oh...and "report"ing was mentioned.."look carefully"... :wink: ) I believe it was Elizabeth... :wink:
Last edited by SallyGardens on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SallyGardens
Hardened Criminal
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:00 pm

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby justmovedhere » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:45 pm

elizabeth wrote:
SallyGardens wrote:
elizabeth wrote:[

I have to agree with you. The Author suffers from an extreme case of logghorea. Most of the ramblings are irrelevant and bordering on the inane. But he has his disciples who sit at his feet and believe ever ludicrous word. He is drunk on his own verbosity.




:lol: :lol: That may well apply to some posters, indeed...


When are you going to post something relevant instead of stalking?

The Author has an overinflated sense of his own intelligence and his turgid prose. You have to have very low literary taste to enjoy reading that tripe. Most of t makes no sense and is based on a very skewed view of facts. Not worth the time to plough through such rubbish.


If so then I wonder why some find it necessary to write about the Author in the main thread?
Sorry, if I missed something here. I never manage to read everything.
justmovedhere
New In Town
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby Ismellarat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:48 pm

just why do we have to tear each other apart on this thread...?

is the lack of trolls, who used to facilitate us in this respect..to blame ?

I (soft-I know before you say it) smell a rodent
User avatar
Ismellarat
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:45 pm
Location: in the embrace of the trade winds

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby elizabeth » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:51 pm

SallyGardens wrote:[
(Oh...and "report"ing was mentioned.."look carefully"... :wink: ) I believe it was Elizabeth... :wink:


And where exactly was that?
User avatar
elizabeth
Suspect
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK IV

Postby SallyGardens » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Ismellarat wrote:just why do we have to tear each other apart on this thread...?

is the lack of trolls, who used to facilitate us in this respect..to blame ?

I (soft-I know before you say it) smell a rodent



Ask Elizabeth. And indeed, Blacksmith. I fear in lieu of their own postings they seek to denigrate other postings. :wink:
SallyGardens
Hardened Criminal
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
cron