Pool Rim reference pics 26 Sep 07

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

Re: Pool Rim reference pics 26 Sep 07

Postby vancouver1 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:46 am

Stevo wrote:carovil

I detailed a ton of faults with the pool picture on my site: http://www.truthformadeleine.com

The lack of shading under the thumb is very noticeable.

vancouver1

Notice Amelie wearing Madeleine's tennis shorts in the May 12 pictures. Also look at the pink top and you can make out a tiny flower emblem on the breast bone position. Interestingly this is on her orange shirt by the pool. So, I think if someone can establish if this is a reversible shirt, it could well be a candidate for a staged photo on May 12. Gerry's garb is an exact match as it is.

Yes I noticed that tiny flower thingy on both t-shirts.
And I have seen an orange version of that t-shirt on Amelie elsewhere... but I can't remember where. I will look. So either there are two t-shirts, or this one's reversible, as you say - and it totally makes sense because of the colouring on the trim.
vancouver1
Local Lag

Postby Magali » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:09 am

Hello,

"Last" pool photo:

This is what reflected in G's sunglasses.

Now KATE was supposed to be the one taking this pic.

Unless zoomed, she would be the one --and her clothing colors-- reflecting in those glasses.

Let's compare with her clothing on the "12th May":

http://truthformadeleine.com/pics/gerry ... lothes.jpg

This attempt is far from scientific accuracy,it's just a thought.
Magali

Postby Keesha » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:12 pm

Orange (11 May)..pink (12 May) reversible shirt for theory of a staged pool pic 12 May
http://www.prphotos.com/store/category. ... &start=611
http://www.prphotos.com/store/category. ... &start=605
http://www.prphotos.com//mas_assets/thu ... 012538.jpg
http://www.prphotos.com//mas_assets/thu ... 012647.jpg
Image...........Image

One thing that struck me about the above pic of Amelie wearing the orange shirt with the blue hat, Pat Brown would consider that to be a horribly clashing outfit...but then Kate is a genuinely grieving mum ..grabbing the nearest clothes to throw on...or is she..?
http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/s ... ine+mccann
Keesha
Been Cautioned

Postby Stevo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Magali

The reflection in the hi-res version of Gerry's sunglasses is interesting and I have a theory IF the photo was manipulated.

What if whoever did the manipulation wanted to release evidence of it because they were duped into doing it?

It's always been strange that there was a full image (4:3) and then the those releases of super closeups on Madeleine's hair bead and Gerry's sunglasses. I mean, who did that and why? The crop of Madeleine on her own is fairly obvious so there's no real mystery there.

Sunglasses are not perfectly flat lenses and everyone knows that. There's a curvature so you wouldn't expect to see a reflection of the photographer in perfect symmetry or even at all in the lenses of glasses. Gerry's right lens (left on the photo) seems to have nothing in there but the left lens has that pink piece and the vertical line that could be a tree or post. Whatever it is, his angle wouldn't be reflecting Amelie below him so I don't think Amelie's hat is a candidate for the pink. The use of zoom won't affect what's in the sunglass lens either. As the only thing in front of Gerry is the pool, the reflection in that lens makes no sense whatsoever in that photo IMO.

So, back to the theory. What if a graphic artist or photoshop artist released those clues on purpose? Madeleine's hair bead has been the topic of many a forum and is a whole subject all on its own. The two closeups do not fit with an original image from a normal camera. To get the resolutions, you'd need a 14 Megapixel camera but as other McCann photos are 6 Megapixel, I doubt that the McCanns had a professional SLR of 14 Meg/Pixels and a family compact and carted both around together.

I searched for reversible toddler shirts on Google but found nothing. I usually work on positive finds rather than guesswork so for now, I'm abandoning the idea that the shirt is pink and orange. It's easier to think that they probably had several shirts in the bags they always carry and probably changed a wet one for a dry one. That's more logical to think of two shirts rather than one reversible one. If the photo was engineered, the engineering was probably an afterthought and had to be carefully done because remember, it was released ages after the event (21 days). Most people simply don't cast such critical eyes on an image so this is where the "engineers" came unstuck IMO.
Stevo
First Time Offender

Postby carovil » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Stevo wrote:Magali

The reflection in the hi-res version of Gerry's sunglasses is interesting and I have a theory IF the photo was manipulated.

What if whoever did the manipulation wanted to release evidence of it because they were duped into doing it?

It's always been strange that there was a full image (4:3) and then the those releases of super closeups on Madeleine's hair bead and Gerry's sunglasses. I mean, who did that and why? The crop of Madeleine on her own is fairly obvious so there's no real mystery there.

Sunglasses are not perfectly flat lenses and everyone knows that. There's a curvature so you wouldn't expect to see a reflection of the photographer in perfect symmetry or even at all in the lenses of glasses. Gerry's right lens (left on the photo) seems to have nothing in there but the left lens has that pink piece and the vertical line that could be a tree or post. Whatever it is, his angle wouldn't be reflecting Amelie below him so I don't think Amelie's hat is a candidate for the pink. The use of zoom won't affect what's in the sunglass lens either. As the only thing in front of Gerry is the pool, the reflection in that lens makes no sense whatsoever in that photo IMO.

So, back to the theory. What if a graphic artist or photoshop artist released those clues on purpose? Madeleine's hair bead has been the topic of many a forum and is a whole subject all on its own. The two closeups do not fit with an original image from a normal camera. To get the resolutions, you'd need a 14 Megapixel camera but as other McCann photos are 6 Megapixel, I doubt that the McCanns had a professional SLR of 14 Meg/Pixels and a family compact and carted both around together.

I searched for reversible toddler shirts on Google but found nothing. I usually work on positive finds rather than guesswork so for now, I'm abandoning the idea that the shirt is pink and orange. It's easier to think that they probably had several shirts in the bags they always carry and probably changed a wet one for a dry one. That's more logical to think of two shirts rather than one reversible one. If the photo was engineered, the engineering was probably an afterthought and had to be carefully done because remember, it was released ages after the event (21 days). Most people simply don't cast such critical eyes on an image so this is where the "engineers" came unstuck IMO.

I see your point Stevo - but I honestly think you are giving the 'engineers' of the photo much too much credit. They couldn't even do the pool edge properly, let alone be clever enough to think about the reflection in the sunglasses!

Caroline
carovil
New In Town

Postby Magali » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Stevo, thanx,I have read your points,interesting as usual.

IF Kate took this photo she curiously wore the same stripy pink tee-shirt as on supposedly the 12th May where they ALL wear the SAME clothes as at the pool 3rd May (IF Amelie's top is reversible,which I believe for above mentioned reasons)

If we carefully look into Gerry's sunglasses reflection, we can see distorted Kate's head and the 2 tones of PINK STRIPES
of her t-shirt. (got to go but if Van wants to do a workshop free to her!)I start finding it too coincidential that they would JUST BY CHANCE , ALL wear the SAME clothes as on the 3rd May and I think I was right from the start, Gerry & Amelie are reluctantly showing a "funeral" face, Maddy WASN'T next to her BECAUSE she WAS ALREADY GONE, IMO in MY theory.

(Soz Stevo caps aren't for you but to protect this site from MY copyrighted THEORIES,so that it doesn't "become" "label"!)
Magali

Postby Stevo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Magali wrote:Stevo, thanx,I have read your points,interesting as usual.

IF Kate took this photo she curiously wore the same stripy pink tee-shirt as on supposedly the 12th May where they ALL wear the SAME clothes as at the pool 3rd May (IF Amelie's top is reversible,which I believe for above mentioned reasons)

If we carefully look into Gerry's sunglasses reflection, we can see distorted Kate's head and the 2 tones of PINK STRIPES
of her t-shirt. (got to go but if Van wants to do a workshop free to her!)I start finding it too coincidential that they would JUST BY CHANCE , ALL wear the SAME clothes as on the 3rd May and I think I was right from the start, Gerry & Amelie are reluctantly showing a "funeral" face, Maddy WASN'T next to her BECAUSE she WAS ALREADY GONE, IMO in MY theory.

(Soz Stevo caps aren't for you but to protect this site from MY copyrighted THEORIES,so that it doesn't "become" "label"!)

Gerry certainly looks contrived doesn't he? Amelie is looking down and the composition suits just the pair of them with no Madeleine at the side. It looks more fake today than it did months ago.

You're right - far too many coincidences involved. And why on earth would anyone stress what time they took a photo? Even if you discount the hour difference, the time is totally irrelevant...unless you need it for your alibi!

Look, the rest of the evening's timings are less than accurate. They all vary by the odd five minutes or so. Even Tanner said that times will vary. But a camera has a digital clock that embeds the time in the photo. But also that time can be altered with software. So although a camera potentially can give you accuracy to the second as to when a photo was taken, it is also the easiest thing to abuse and modify. From a legal standpoint I'd rather trust eyewitnesses than a super-accurate electronic gadget that can be altered by anyone with a PC.
Stevo
First Time Offender

Postby Stevo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:39 pm

Caroline

I agree. The work is shoddy. To the untrained eye, it looks very good. In fact, you can get away with murder (oops...unintentional pun) with a lot of photo retouching and the average person won't notice a thing.

Playground and Storybook Cottage are even worse than the Last Photo. Have you spotted all the errors on those?
Stevo
First Time Offender

Postby vancouver1 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:33 pm

Stevo wrote:Caroline

I agree. The work is shoddy. To the untrained eye, it looks very good. In fact, you can get away with murder (oops...unintentional pun) with a lot of photo retouching and the average person won't notice a thing.

Playground and Storybook Cottage are even worse than the Last Photo. Have you spotted all the errors on those?

Oh yes :D
Many many discussions up in the Maddie's Strange Growth thread about both. Many contentious issues.

Playground photo:
Main discrepancies...
- Madeleine's weird right foot which looks like a left foot
- Bagman's impossibly placed left foot
- Strange shadows long and short, in several different directions, and lack of shadows where there should be shadows
- Madeleine's weird right leg and stance
- Strange green line running up behind Sean onto Bagman's trouser cuff
- Man in orange shirt in background is bigger than Bagman even though Bagman is closer to the camera
- Madeleine is far too large even though she may be closer to the camera - she's not that much closer

Playhouse photo:
- We have shots of the playhouse taken from a video the day after the disappearance and the playhouse either doesn't have a door at all, or the cutout places have been filled in. Therefore the photo of Madeleine in the playhouse is either ps'd or was taken elsewhere
- window in playhouse shows a different scene than the tennis court immediately beyond the door
- cutout in playhouse door has been filled in down near M's hand and a yellow backfill put in place, along with a red ledge, and only a small hole left through which we can see grass. None of this coincides with actual photos of the same playhouse from the manufacturer's brochure, nor with the screencap of the playhouse from the video the day following the disappearance
- Madeleine's hand is blurry indicating movement even though her arm is still
- Madeleine's right arm looks like it's been invented - it's far too skinny to be a full arm in a sleeve as shown reaching back into the playhouse
vancouver1
Local Lag

Postby candlestick » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:33 pm

vancouver1 wrote:Thanks everyone. Here's something interesting.

On the Exposay site there are photos of Gerry, Kate and the twins on May 12, returning home.

http://www.exposay.com/parents-of-missi ... v/13735/3/

Gerry's wearing pool clothes, and has sunglasses perched on top of his head.
Amelie's wearing pink pool top, but no sign of the floppy pink hat.

If you go to May 18 photos, Gerry is again wearing pool clothes and sunglasses, and additionally he's carrying a bag. Amelie is wearing a white t-shirt in all of the photos except ONE. In one photo, she is wearing the pink pool top and the floppy hat, and Kate is taking her INSIDE the OC complex through the reception area.

If all of these photos were taken on the same day, it looks like Amelie has changed her top... and if they're going into the OC complex, could these be the minutes before the Last Photo was shot? Kate is wearing the same clothes in all of the photos:

http://www.exposay.com/parents-of-missi ... 7/v/13750/

The photo where Amelie is in the pink top and floppy hat is Photo 9 of the sequence.
:bounce:

Edited to add - there's a wider photo showing Kate and Gerry and both twins going into the OC complex:
http://www.exposay.com/missing-british- ... v/10561/6/
It''s photo 12 - the last one on that page.
And another one - it's photo 1 on this page:
http://www.exposay.com/missing-british- ... v/10561/7/

Also note - in the rest of the photos where Amelie is wearing the white t-shirt, Gerry is wearing socks and running shoes. He's switched to sandals when they go into the OC complex... which makes sense if they're going to be around the pool...

Nice work!

A few things:
Photo from expo - G is wearing a watch :idea:
Poolpic - watch deliberatley hidden? Would you not be holding Amelie to make sure she does not fall in the deep end? (Is it a deep end, because its not the kids pool is it?) :idea:

But ( there is always one !) different colour shorts, and more of a tan:

posting.php?mode=quote&f=5&p=189414

(Sorry V - a hiccup - I have lost your post!)
candlestick
Suspect

Postby Stevo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Nice work!

A few things:
Poolpic - watch deliberatley hidden? Would you not be holding Amelie to make sure she does not fall in the deep end? (Is it a deep end, because its not the kids pool is it?) :idea:

They are sat at the kiddie pool - the small circular one. It's little more than a paddling pool and no, I doubt there's a deep end.

The other thing that's obvious but we all tend to overlook it is that they all look bone dry and it was meant to be the last photo before taking the kids to the creche one minute later at 2:30pm.

The only thing in their defence is that the water in these type of resorts is seldom heated. In early May it would be quite cold. But, knowing children as I do, they are immune to that. If they see a swimming pool, I'd expect them to have wanted to play in the water. Why are they all bone dry?
Stevo
First Time Offender

Postby Keesha » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:27 pm

Stevo wrote:
They are sat at the kiddie pool - the small circular one. It's little more than a paddling pool and no, I doubt there's a deep end.

The other thing that's obvious but we all tend to overlook it is that they all look bone dry and it was meant to be the last photo before taking the kids to the creche one minute later at 2:30pm.

The only thing in their defence is that the water in these type of resorts is seldom heated. In early May it would be quite cold. But, knowing children as I do, they are immune to that. If they see a swimming pool, I'd expect them to have wanted to play in the water. Why are they all bone dry?

Hi Stevo
This pic from dagbladet.co ...which seems to have a darker saturation.. shows more clearly the water droplets on Gerry's left knee / leg..and tiny droplets on Amelie's shirt and leg...a tiny bit of splashing going on but not much..this looks like a shallow paddle pool that would be safe for wading ...

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel/5/ ... 344281.jpg

source??
http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2007/05/28/501866.html
Foto: Reuters/Scanpix
Keesha
Been Cautioned

Postby candlestick » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Stevo wrote:
Nice work!

A few things:

Hi,

Had a discussion on MF re the pools, found these of Kate from Getty:

Does anyone know where they are?

Editorial

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Searc ... =standard#

Search criteria was in Editorial, and McCann Sitting

Will try and show bigger images later as gotto rush :)
candlestick
Suspect

Postby vancouver1 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:13 am

candlestick wrote:
Hi,

Had a discussion on MF re the pools, found these of Kate from Getty:

Does anyone know where they are?

Editorial

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Searc ... =standard#

Search criteria was in Editorial, and McCann Sitting

Will try and show bigger images later as gotto rush :)

Could they be sitting at the other pool at the Ocean Club complex? There are two on the property... so possibly that's the other one (the adult one)?
vancouver1
Local Lag

Postby gestalt » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:46 pm

Keesha, where did you get this image from?

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg89 ... olrim2.jpg
gestalt
First Time Offender

PreviousNext

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations