ILLUSTRATED GLOSSARY OF THE MADELEINE McCANN CASE ' MK II

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

Re: GLOSSARY OF THE MADELEINE McCANN CASE ' MK II

Postby HawkEyes1 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:01 pm

Added today the following terms:

Abad, Nacho = A Spanish journalist, who, on the day the McCanns were giving a press conference at the European Parliament in Brussels, revealed from an anoymous source devastating information from an early Kate McCann/PJ interview that Madeleine had asked why she and her brother had been left to cry for so long the night before she disappeared

Macho Nacho = What Nacho Abad thinks about himself

Nacho C. Loonie = Nacho Abad

Nacho the Nutter = Nacho Abad, the leak spinner
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby jude2007 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:06 am

How about:

McFlurry: to describe the McCann media overkill this week
jude2007
Suspect

Postby HawkEyes1 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:47 pm

jude2007 wrote:How about:

McFlurry: to describe the McCann media overkill this week

Many thanks, jude2007.

I am working on a big update and will add that then!
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby HawkEyes1 » Fri May 09, 2008 6:25 am

Many additions to the GLOSSARY this evening, including the following:

Alderton, Martin
Centre for Crisis Psychology
Cowell, Sheila
Cowell, Miriam
Cowell, Simon (2)
Hubner, Peter
McFlurry
Pike, Alan
Rodrigues, Almeida
Skehan, Douglas

Also updates to the following:

Latham House
Ribeiro, Alípio
Wright, Anne-Marie
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby HawkEyes1 » Mon May 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Added the following today:

Doctors Feelgood = Another name for the McCanns, after Gerry said, "By the time we came home, Kate and I were so buoyed up that we felt as if we'd been injected with a shot of vitamins"

courtesy of Mickey1 from the links thread.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby albym » Tue May 20, 2008 2:53 pm

HawkEye, as you know I am messing around with images just for fun in the 'Is anyone missing?' thread. A serious thought for you: why not add images into the Glossary?
E.g. Where you give a person's name and claim to fame, add an [IMG] line immediately before or after - or even in-between the name and the claim.
You could also add images of places, like the PdL church.

Standardise the size, say, 100x100 or 150x150. Much more meaningful than trying to cram them all into a 600x600 spread like I have done.

Just a thought.
albym
New In Town

Postby HawkEyes1 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:43 pm

albym wrote:HawkEye, as you know I am messing around with images just for fun in the 'Is anyone missing?' thread. A serious thought for you: why not add images into the Glossary?
E.g. Where you give a person's name and claim to fame, add an [IMG] line immediately before or after - or even in-between the name and the claim.
You could also add images of places, like the PdL church.

Standardise the size, say, 100x100 or 150x150. Much more meaningful than trying to cram them all into a 600x600 spread like I have done.

Just a thought.

Funnily enough, I was going to ask you the same thing, as you are collecting such an impressive gallery of portraits. I was going to ask you whether when you have completed your "portraits" project, whether you would be willing to submit your collection to this thread. I could then arrange for it to be shifted up to page 1.

The reason I've not added images to the Glossary is because of post size limitations. The Glossary continues to expand and for months I kept hitting the maximum number of 60,000 characters. I finally had to start the new thread and spread it over several consecutive posts to get the amount of space to continue posting.

When I have more time, I plan to test type font differentiation between the key word and the definition (unfortunately codes and spaces also count towards the number of characters), but I will also do some testing of adding portraits & other key images, rather like the Random House Dictionary, to see if space permits.

It's a great idea, albym!
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby albym » Wed May 21, 2008 4:32 am

OK, HE. The portrait montage has just about run its course. The reason I set some 'rules' about what I would and would not include in there was due to the image size restriction.
Being in the Glossary there would be no content restriction.

What I suggest is that I could create a series of montages for you.
There could be one for each letter of the alphabet, or one for each of your Glossary sections.

The former would mean more [IMG] statements (with the full path name each time) and potentially compromise your text limit so I will work on the latter for you.
If you subsequently redistribute letters between Glossary sections then we would need to re-align any affected images but that shouldn't be too onerous.

I will work on some pro-formas for you and then we can decide.

HTH. Cheers.
albym
New In Town

Postby albym » Wed May 21, 2008 9:12 am

NLR
Last edited by albym on Sat May 24, 2008 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
albym
New In Town

Postby albym » Wed May 21, 2008 1:02 pm

NLR
Last edited by albym on Sat May 24, 2008 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
albym
New In Town

Postby albym » Wed May 21, 2008 5:57 pm

NLR
Last edited by albym on Sat May 24, 2008 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
albym
New In Town

Postby albym » Wed May 21, 2008 9:48 pm

NLR
Last edited by albym on Sat May 24, 2008 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
albym
New In Town

Postby HawkEyes1 » Thu May 22, 2008 6:33 am

Hi, albym. These are marvellous! So far so good, I like the idea of leaving the images as a collage and posting them at the end of each letter of the alphabet, rather than breaking up individual photographs and images and adding them to each individual entry. I am currently using my post immediately following the master list for testing your posts before adding them to each letter, but when the postings are complete, I could use that post for the identification of all of the photos for each letter in turn? Alternatively, I could use the Small Italic font size underneath each collage to identify all of the photos. I will play around with this and see what looks best.

Now that I have taken your A-H photo collages and have added them to the GLOSSARY, take a look and see what you think. Personally, I think it adds an exciting dimension to the GLOSSARY. Note: Have since run a test for E with the captions underneath the collage. This would work quite well. You might want to take a look at that too and check the accuracy of the captions!

As you continue to work on each letter, can you supply the captions? Also could you also do a collage for the Numbers section at the beginning of the Glossary? That would be great, albym!
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby albym » Thu May 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi HE. Glad you like them and I agree that they do add a valuable dimension to the Glossary. It's fun putting them together although it does take some time finding suitable images where available - and there are many that I cannot find.

I think they look good where you have placed them and I like the caption idea although that will eat up more of the 6,000 char limit than, say, using only seven chars - bracket b and slash-b - to embolden entries in the Glossary to indicate that they have an illustration in the montage.

Also, although Letter E was fairly straightforward, being entirely free-form in nature, montages are not always easy to encaption in a left-to-right, top-to-bottom fashion. I hit that snag when writing the row/column narrative for the first 'missing?' montage.

Having said the above, you, more than I, know what space you have left to play with.

At the end, or even now, another way to save characters would be to find an image repository that produces a much shorter path name to the montage file. I have no rights to the underlying images, ergo no rights to the montages either. They are 'freeware' that anyone can do with as they wish. Also, at some time in the future I think that photobucket will purge them.

Regarding captions:
- I think your Letter E test omitted 'Europol' in the inset map showing the location of Devon.

- Letter A:
(Top section)
Plan of Apartment 5A; Anorak blog site logo; view of Anrade dam (barragem do Anrade); hybrid map showing Silves and Anrade dam to the north-east; Nacho Abad; Antenna 3 logo; Rogerio Alves; Luis Antonio;
(Middle section)
Ernie Allen; Sarah Armstrong; Ben Affleck; Steve Anderson; Map showing location of Algarve and Luz; Gonçalo Amaral;
(Bottom section)
Malinka's Audi A4; ASFIC/PJ website logo; Carlos Anjos.

[NOTE: I may make some changes in the Letter A montage]

- Letter B:
(Left-hand section, l-t-r, top to bottom)
Matt Baggott (Chief Constable Leicester police); Brian's Dreams website logo; Broadmoor asylum entrance (background); Martin Brunt; Sonia Beldom; Cherie Blair; Tony Blair muppet-head in prison drag; BWB solicitors logo; David Beckham appeal with Maddie hair Bead inset; a Baying mob with a howling wolf wineclub logo;
(Right-hand section, l-t-r, top to bottom)
John Buck; Belgian Maddie suspect; the real Captain Birdseye; Catriona Baker; Tony Bennett; Barney with Bush; Richard Branson; Manuel Domingues Borba; Miss Beazley with Mrs Bush;
Bundleman (background); three Blue tennis bags of different dimensions; Bleach; another Blue tennis bag.

- Letter C:
(Top left section)
Casa Liliana entrance with policeman (background) with Alberto Costa (top right); Paulo Cristovão (left; black and white); silhouette of 'the Truth conspiracy';
Ms Najova Chekaya; Chaplins logo;
(Top right section)
Calpol montage; Cooperman with Gail Cooper; Child friendly toppings on cake with cocaine lines above; Crocodile tears next to Coloboma; John Corner;
(Bottom left section)
Carter-Ruck logo; CCP logo; COMARE logo; cartoon to represent conspirators and conspiracy-theorists; Control Risks logo above Lori Campbell and Michael Caplan; chelsea tractor;
(Bottom right section)
Cuddlecat; Sandy and Trish Cameron; the two Simon Cowells.

[NOTE: I may make some changes to the Letter C montage]

- Letter D:
Daily Mirror logo; Dirty nappy cartoon background with Daily Express/Daily Star apology and Richard Desmond; Jose Cunha De Magalhaes e Meneses (inset); Carlos Pinto de Abreu;
Diário de Notícias and De Telegraaf logos; Sheree Dood;
A dowser/water diviner finding a Dr.Who birthday cake; finishing with some doggy-doo.

- Letter F:
(Top section)
Cartoon Fala/Fado singer with Mrs Pamela Fenn (inset); Family friendly montage of two families (one inset bottom right) with a Full English on the table;
(Left and Bottom sections)
Find Madeleine and Forever Searching website logos; 'Jugs' Judy Finnigan and Vanessa Feltz;
Rubbish dump of broken Fridges with a 'head' in a fridge (inset); The FFS website logo; a Full Monty; Book cover 'With Friends in High places' with inset of Raiders of the Lost Ark Gestapo man who fell out of favour; Martyn Falkous and 'Furious'.

- Letter G:
GNR website logo; John Gaunt; Jacqueline Gold; Sir Philip Green; Alberto Gonzales; GPS device used in the Iranian kidnapping of Royal Navy personnel; 'Gone Baby Gone' film poster; Gazeta Digital website logo; Google(tm) logo; Martin Grime; Nicky Gill.

- Letter H:
Stephen P. Hurley of Hurley, Burish & Stanton; Coat of arms of Huelva over background map showing location Huelva; Julia Hobsbawn (b&w); John Hill; David Hodson;
Hot chocolate and marshmallows; High Court of England [Royal Courts of Justice]; HTFM and Hogan International website logos; Hotlips Healy with 'Cabofrio' avatar look-alike;
Mr Brian and Mrs Susan Healy; Rev. Haynes Hubbard; Sir Tom Hunter; John Hargreaves; David Hughes and Hague Convention on International Child Abduction.

OK. Time to press on. Slept very late this morning :-)
albym
New In Town

Postby albym » Thu May 22, 2008 8:15 pm

NLR
Last edited by albym on Sat May 24, 2008 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
albym
New In Town

PreviousNext

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations