MAIN MADELEINE THREAD

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

MAIN MADELEINE THREAD

Postby bjr » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:27 am

Please start the main Madeleine Thread here and Welcome to The Three Arguidos
bjr

Postby IsItRelevant » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:30 am

Thought you should all see my nice smiley face at the top of the thread

:kermit:
IsItRelevant
Been Cautioned

Postby shesaidwhat » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:37 am

IsItRelevant wrote:Thought you should all see my nice smiley face at the top of the thread

:kermit:

LOL! You have made me laugh tonight Mr/s Relevant - nice to see your happy smiley face but not sure you're that green :)
shesaidwhat
On Parole

Postby KazLux » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:23 am

Surprise surprise

Daily Mail: Madeleine: Pictured in handcuffs, the McCann detective once held over phone tapping

The private detectives hunting for Madeleine McCann were once arrested in a phone-tapping scandal linked to leading politicians and businessmen.

Five senior members of the family-run firm Metodo 3 – including director-general Francisco Marco, who is liaising with Kate and Gerry McCann – were held amid claims of industrial and political espionage.

Mr Marco's mother, Maria Fernandez Lado, 57, who founded the agency 23 years ago, was pictured in handcuffs after being arrested as she handed a client a cassette allegedly containing a phone-tapped conversation.

(continues) http://tinyurl.com/2emxbk
KazLux
On Parole

Postby shesaidwhat » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:27 am

Oh, how sad.

There was me thinking they were good upstanding members of the community.

Other peoples money well wasted methinks!
shesaidwhat
On Parole

Postby shesaidwhat » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:34 am

COULD PARENTS HAVE SOLD MADELEINE?

last para in the Mail article.

The police have looked in to it.

"they've taken her" or indeed "they've taken her and forgotten to leave the cheque"

Crikey - No wonder Gerry was baying like a wild animal!
shesaidwhat
On Parole

Postby traveller » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:57 am

Another link in the conspirecy theory :D , were they linked with the british government at any time :twisted:
I am still asking, what have you done with your child?
Where is Maddy?
traveller

Postby DJ » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:10 am

Good morning, everyone :D

I will set up the Paulo Reis/Duarte Levy thread up again when I have more energy :offtheair:

In the meantime, here is yesterday's entry again. I will follow it up with today's, which is similar to the information KazLuz posted:

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... -hand.html

Another Foreign Office helping hand, John Kayn

He was a "very British" gentleman that was with the McCann, working for the Foreign Office, when they went to Morocco, on June 10, according to a French publication. One more name, among many others from the Foreign Office, that have been helping the McCann, like Sheryl Dodd, Bil Henderson and John Buck. Who is Mr. John Kayn? How many other high ranking civil servants have been (or are..) "working" for this couple of formal suspects in the disappearance of their daughter? And why most of them are no more at their previous posts? Sheryl Dodd left the Foreign Office, Bil Henderson and John Buck (pictured left), Ambassador in Lisbon and Consul at Algarve, left Portugal.

Posted by Paulo Reis at 13:25:00
DJ
Been Cautioned

Postby DJ » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:11 am

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... nanny.html

Another week, another nanny

A new nanny (or the old one?) has came forward with another story: she saw a man who she later identified as Robert Murat, trying to snatch a baby from the same apartment Madeleine vanished – but it happened last year, 2006. "Comical Clari", as always, is doing his worst. "She informed cops after the incident at the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz, Portugal, at the end of last year. Now she has given a statement to the Metodo 3 detective agency", according to the News of the World. Five members from the family that owns and manages Metodo 3, the private investigators hired by Brian Kennedy to find Madeleine, were arrested, in 1995 and charged with illegal phone tapping. The case was dismissed, later. Those imbeciles of Metodo 3 said, few days ago, they knew already who has kidnapped Madeleine and where she was. Millions of viewers saw and heard it, on TV. Now, they say they "have narrowed their search to a hit list of ten paedophiles", the Daily Star wrote. I don't know who is more stupid: Mr. Francisco Marco, from Metodo 3 or Dominik Lemanski, the journalist from Daily Star who wrote the story. Clarence Mitchell and the McCann put a great trust on the capacity of Metodo 3. Right. But not to find Madeleine.

Posted by Paulo Reis at 02:45:00
DJ
Been Cautioned

Postby DJ » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:01 pm

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sund ... -20158007/

Murat fear: Why I told cops

EXCLUSIVE SEARCH FOR MADELEINE DAY 206

Lori Campbell In Barcelona 25/11/2007

I felt that I had no option but to call the police when I met Robert Murat just three days after Madeleine's disappearance.

At the time, I wasn't sure if I had done the wrong thing to speak up. But if Murat has been hiding a dark secret, at least I know I did all I could to help police uncover the truth.

This week, I was asked to go to the HQ of Metodo 3 - the private investigators hired by the McCanns.

They wanted me to give evidence in Barcelona about what I saw and heard of Murat.

I was interviewed by the firm's chief, Francisco Marco, and two of his colleagues. He asked me to give a detailed statement of everything Murat said to me when we spoke outside the McCanns' apartment.

They were intensely interested as I told how he claimed he was a translator working for the Portuguese police and, as such, had offered to brief me on the investigation. I explained how he was always present at the scene during the first few days.

They asked why I became suspicious of him and I described how his behaviour unnerved me. He asked me more questions than he answered and shifted nervously when I quizzed him about his own background.

He fuelled suspicion by professing intimate knowledge of the probe, saying police had searched a three kilometre radius and found nothing and he believed Madeleine had been spirited away to Spain as police took 15 hours to alert border police.

Murat also told me he had spoken to Kate and Gerry the day after Madeleine vanished, describing them as being "distraught" and "panicked". I have since learnt the McCanns insist they have never met him.

The last time I saw him - a week after Madeleine was taken - he was on a balcony looking down at the police activity.

I still have no idea if he is guilty. But if he was involved, I know I did what I could to help the investigation.
DJ
Been Cautioned

Postby 8955PP » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:49 pm

shesaidwhat wrote:Oh, how sad.

There was me thinking they were good upstanding members of the community.

Other peoples money well wasted methinks!

The agency is a joke!
8955PP
Suspect

Postby SofaCleese » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:44 pm

Basicically, Methodo aren't doing anything but taking brian Kennedy's money. I very much doubt they've had any 'sightings' as most of the ones they've put out have been those already investigated and ditched by the PJ - or they wouldn't have been allowed to do this privately.

The agency is merely working as PR, not investigation.
SofaCleese
Suspect

Postby 8955PP » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:17 pm

Absolutely Sofa!

Just like the latest thing with Murat's gf. PJ said it's old stuff, yet Metodo acts like Maddie is about to be found.
I feel sorry to whoever's paying their 2000 GBP a day service.
8955PP
Suspect

Postby bonnybraes1 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:49 pm

I read a fairly sane article in, of all things, The Sunday Post, earlier. It's one of the few non-hysterical pieces I've seen, just someone who actually seems to know what he's talking about - Prof. Barclay, I think? Interesting that he wondered what the piece that's missing in this case is.Anyone else see it - sorry, I can't do links>
bonnybraes1

Postby shesaidwhat » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:56 pm

bonnybraes1 wrote:I read a fairly sane article in, of all things, The Sunday Post, earlier. It's one of the few non-hysterical pieces I've seen, just someone who actually seems to know what he's talking about - Prof. Barclay, I think? Interesting that he wondered what the piece that's missing in this case is.Anyone else see it - sorry, I can't do links>

No Bonny, will have a look for it. When you say can't do links do you mean can't or not sure how? PM me and I'll let you know, it's very easy. Will try and find the link now and get it posted up.
shesaidwhat
On Parole

Next

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations