QUOTES FROM THE McCANN CASE + STRANGE STATEMENTS BY MCCANNs

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

Re: QUOTES FROM THE McCANN CASE + STRANGE STATEMENTS BY MCCANNs

Postby HawkEyes1 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:48 pm

vanm wrote:I keep thinking about G saying on the airport bus "I'm not here to enjoy myself".

What was he there for then? That statement really puzzles and disturbs me.

I have always thought that was the oddest statement to make for a husband and father to make just as he was about to start his holiday in sunny Portugal with his lovely wife and lovely children.

Was Gerry being facetious or was he just being clever, in response to the question? But when you see the video, he appears to be remote from the family. Perhaps he and Kate had had a tiff before they had left Rothley or on the way to the airport about Gerry needing to sharing responsibility for the children? For, it was to be Kate's "holiday too"...

Other posters have thought that there was something else going on, that Gerry was on a mission for the government, a paid-holiday junket, if you will! While others have thought the worst, that Madeleine's "abduction" had been pre-planned.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby vanm » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:26 pm

Thanks for reply Hawk. I'm in a complete fog about this aspect. I seem to remember that someone filmed on their mobile so it was presumably one of the Tapas lot but why would they post it on You Tube?. Was it You Tube? How did it get into the public domain? It's niggling me.

I agree that G and K could have been arguing and G was in a sulk (I would guess he could sulk for England) and that seems the most likely explanation to me. But I still wonder too about his "No comment" when asked if he knew Murat. A simple yes or no would have sufficed so that makes me wonder again about his reason for going there.

Sorry if this has all been discussed but I didn't find the DM forum until shortly before it was closed.
beachy said: This is the hour to be brave.
vanm
First Time Offender

Postby honey1601 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:27 am

Im a little confused as to why their are quotes about, km hot lips healy??? surely...... Anyones normal thought process?? all of this stuff about her student days?? people trying to dig into their whole lives? it is none of your business to know every scrap of detail about them?? maybe km does not want to work as she is suffering the most horrific thing a mother could have happen to her, her daughter taken away, and is doing the most natural thing of all by protecting the children left? I really cant fathom why the paps write such rubbish, this poor family, my love and prayers to k n g at this sad sad time, always keep believing she is out there somewhere, I pray for them all, also for the nasty ppl, on some sites accusing them of lord knows what? bless you all, n keep praying for madelaine.
honey1601
New In Town

Postby HawkEyes1 » Fri May 09, 2008 6:50 am

vanm wrote:Thanks for reply Hawk. I'm in a complete fog about this aspect. I seem to remember that someone filmed on their mobile so it was presumably one of the Tapas lot but why would they post it on You Tube?. Was it You Tube? How did it get into the public domain? It's niggling me.

I agree that G and K could have been arguing and G was in a sulk (I would guess he could sulk for England) and that seems the most likely explanation to me. But I still wonder too about his "No comment" when asked if he knew Murat. A simple yes or no would have sufficed so that makes me wonder again about his reason for going there.

Sorry if this has all been discussed but I didn't find the DM forum until shortly before it was closed.

My apologies for the delay in responding, vanm. I have had a large number of updates on a number of other threads and have only just got round to updating this thread.

You are correct that the footage was videoed on one of the Tapas 7's cell phone, as also was the footage showing Madeleine tripping as she was climbing up the stairs of the plane.

I believe the clip may have been posted on the original Find Madeleine website when the McCanns were first collecting photographs and videos of Madeleine for the site, but obviously it was added without that damaging soundtrack. Unfortunately for Gerry, it was enhanced digitally and the sound added back in by a "techie" and then posted on YouTube for all the world to see.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby bomaris » Fri May 09, 2008 7:40 am

I would add the recent "interest will wane" quote. Very,very odd in my view given all that had gone before.

As for the "find the body quote" I believe that was an Express or other paper's paraphrase of what JOHN McCann not Gerry said. There was a note of challenge in the original quote which could be said to justify the paraphrasing headline, and it was certainly an inappropriate thing to say. However, I think people should not use this as a direct quote from the McCanns themselves. To do so would as someone once said be ludicrous!
bomaris
Hardened Criminal

Postby HawkEyes1 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:38 am

bomaris wrote:I would add the recent "interest will wane" quote. Very,very odd in my view given all that had gone before.

As for the "find the body quote" I believe that was an Express or other paper's paraphrase of what JOHN McCann not Gerry said. There was a note of challenge in the original quote which could be said to justify the paraphrasing headline, and it was certainly an inappropriate thing to say. However, I think people should not use this as a direct quote from the McCanns themselves. To do so would as someone once said be ludicrous!

I have attributed your "interest will wane" quote to Kate McCann and have added it to the master list on page 1.

Re the "find the body..." I will check the original source and will annotate that quote for better accuracy.

Many thanks for your addition, bomaris!
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby HawkEyes1 » Sat May 10, 2008 7:22 am

I have added a new quote from Gerry McCann, after the McCanns' trip to Washington, DC, thanks to redsquare, who drew to our attention to it from Hello magazine:

"By the time we came home, Kate and I were so buoyed up that we felt as if we'd been injected with a shot of vitamins."
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Previous

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations