GAZETA DIGITAL - PAULO REIS

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

Re: GAZETA DIGITAL - PAULO REIS

Postby kizzy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:16 am

New DNA technology could be used in Madeleine's case

British authorities are waiting for the decision from the Attorney General to use a new technology, developed by Forensic Science Service, which allows scientists to find results in previously unusable genetic samples. The new technology, called "DNABoost" could "also help in cases such as that of missing Madeleine McCann - where forensic evidence appears to have been difficult to analyse", according to the Daily Mail. The technology has already been tested and the results show it is "the biggest step forward in crime-fighting science for more than a decade", according to the newspaper.

Posted by Paulo Reis at 18:51:00

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... ed-in.html
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby kizzy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:16 am

McCann still looking for "creepy man"

A man very similar to the face shown in the sketch produced by the McCann private detectives was found, by Portuguese journalists, living in a small town near Praia da Luz. Polícia Judiciária has already dismissed the new "suspect" as a "diversion tactic at a crucial moment", when the friends of the McCann are due to be submitted to a new questioning. Police sources told the Media that the man has been questioned three weeks after Madeleine vanished, following Gail Cooper initial statement to British police.

But Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns' spokesman told British Media that McCann private detectives "have not been informed that the man we are seeking has been ruled out. We have no reason to believe he has been ruled out and our search for the man in our image is very much continuing." Mr. Clarence referred that the "suspect" now has dreadlocks, something Gail Cooper, the witness who saw him at Praia da Luz, two week before Madeleine vanished, didn't noticed.

This detail – the fact that the man changed his appearance and now uses dreadlocks – was published in the Portuguese Press, before Mr. Clarence statements to the British Media. Other news today mention the decision from The Mirror to ban all discussions related to Madeleine McCann from the Mirror forums.

Posted by Paulo Reis at 20:07:00

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... y-man.html
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby kizzy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:17 am

Let me guess....

... the name of the place where the next suspect will be found? Carvoeiro?

Posted by Paulo Reis at 22:31:00 0 comments

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... guess.html
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby kizzy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:17 am

30/1/2008

Missing in action (and the McCann lawyers are watching you)

I've been "absent" for a few days. Nothing of special, just some personal problems that took some time to solve. Meanwhile, Madeleine McCann was spotted in Chile and Argentina (only) and four Portuguese citizens (one, living in Gibraltar) were accused (by British Media, and Police in Gibraltar) of having some relation with the disappearance of Madeleine, due to their resemblance to the sketch revealed by Clarence Mitchell.

"Another week, another Madeleine McCann "suspect", wrote Sue Carroll, in The Mirror. That's truth. And that's odd, in The Mirror – a critic opinion about the McCann campaign.

Polícia Judiciária was informed, 22 days ago, that formal letters requesting new interrogation of Tapas Group were delivered to its destiny. It seems that the Home Office refuses, now, to confirm the letters were received, according to the Daily Mail, or just denies the existence of any request for legal assistance related with the McCann case, according to Daily Express.

Are those letters missing in action? Lost in translation? Is it possible that the same "solution" applied to the Chappelow murder case is being applied to the McCann case? And be careful with what you write. The powerful McCann legal team is watching you!

Listen to Mr Clarence Mitchell, a former Media Monitoring Unit director: ""We have made it very clear that publications in Britain and Portugal are subject to the laws of libel and defamation, like everyone else, and our lawyers are watching all of this. We reserve the right to take legal action and have three years in which to do it."

Posted by Paulo Reis at 17:46:00 2 comments

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... wyers.html
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby kizzy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:18 am

30/1/2008

Questions being asked

The role played by several British civil servants with connections in the Government Communication Network (GCN) is being questioned, after it emerged that some McCann advisers had contacts with a specific group of high ranking civil servants, for the last months. The situation is being evaluated, to find more information about the nature and reason of those contacts and to decide if a formal inquiry will be necessary or not, according to a source close to GCN.

Posted by Paulo Reis at 19:02:00 0 comments

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... asked.html
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby kizzy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:19 am

30/1/2008

Rogatory letters sent back to Portugal

British authorities raised "doubts" about the rogatory letters sent by the Public Prosecutor's Office through Eurojust. The letters were sent back to Portugal and the Public Prosecutor's Office is now preparing to send it again, through other channel.
Editor's note: In the first version of this post, I referred "the rogatory letters sent by Polícia Judiciária", which was a mistake. It was the Public Prosecutor's Office who send it.

Posted by Paulo Reis at 19:29:00 1 comments

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... -home.html
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby kizzy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:19 am

30/1/2008

Another news site preparing to ban Madeleine's case

A second British tabloid is planning to limit or even forbidden discussions about Madeleine McCann disappearance on its site. The possibility, discussed during several meetings with editors, PR's and marketing staff, is still on the table, but strong reactions against it took the newspaper to decide to wait for further developments in the investigation. The Mirror banned all discussions about Madeleine McCann from its site, last week, and deleted all posts related with the case.

Posted by Paulo Reis at 20:13:00 0 comments

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... o-ban.html
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby kizzy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:20 am

30/1/2008

Clarence Mitchell briefed by British police about Madeleine's investigation

The McCann spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, confirmed that he was briefed by British police about the investigation concerning Madeleine McCann disappearance. Mr. Clarence told that he had "private briefings" from British police officials who assured him that British police is treating the case as an abduction. He also said, at a debate on The McCanns and the Media at the London School of Economics, that the same British police who briefed him told that they do not consider the McCann suspects in the disappearance her daugther.

"I have also had briefings privately from the police and the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) centre that also gave me complete reassurance that the authorities, in this country certainly, are treating this as a case of rare stranger abduction, as they call it", Clarence Mitchell told, during the debate.

Posted by Paulo Reis at 21:09:00 0 comments

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... itish.html
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby kizzy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:21 am

Rogatory letters: magistrate from the Home Office "sent" it back to Portugal

"Jos├® Lopes da Mota, the president of Eurojust, minimizes saying: "The letter was made with the collaboration of a representative from Eurojust. A magistrate from the Home Office decided that the legal procedures for the sending of the document had not been fulfilled and informed the colleague at Eurojust. After everything was duly analysed, we decided to request Portugal to make the letter again and to send it through official channels." (Thank's to Joana Morais, who has a translation of what was published at "24 Horas" (pdf file in Portuguese).

So, Home Office had the letters, analysed it and decided not to accept it. What will be the next step, now that the letters were rewritten and sent, again, but through a different channel?

PS РWith the Mirror forum closed to comments about Madeleine's case, The Three Arguidos seems to be a nice option to replace it.

Posted by Paulo Reis at 18:52:00

http://tinyurl.com/yp6xte

incorporated links:
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... again.html
http://www.24horasnewspaper.com/total.p ... 55&link=25
http://3as.madeleinemccann.org
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby sans_souci » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:26 pm

kizzy wrote:1.2.08

Rogatory letters: magistrate from the Home Office "sent" it back to Portugal

"Jos├® Lopes da Mota, the president of Eurojust, minimizes saying: "The letter was made with the collaboration of a representative from Eurojust. A magistrate from the Home Office decided that the legal procedures for the sending of the document had not been fulfilled and informed the colleague at Eurojust. After everything was duly analysed, we decided to request Portugal to make the letter again and to send it through official channels." (Thank's to Joana Morais, who has a translation of what was published at "24 Horas" (pdf file in Portuguese).

So, Home Office had the letters, analysed it and decided not to accept it. What will be the next step, now that the letters were rewritten and sent, again, but through a different channel?

PS РWith the Mirror forum closed to comments about Madeleine's case, The Three Arguidos seems to be a nice option to replace it.

Posted by Paulo Reis at 18:52:00

http://tinyurl.com/yp6xte

incorporated links:
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... again.html
http://www.24horasnewspaper.com/total.p ... 55&link=25
http://3as.madeleinemccann.org

er - magistrate from the home office.........................? I think maybe Mr Reis needs to do a bit of elementary research on the structure of the legal system in the UK, and of the structure of the Home Office.

Is this man suggesting he is a journalist.......?
sans_souci
Local Lag

Postby frencheuropean » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:10 pm

Duarte Levy SOS Madeleine Article today 8/03/2008

Why the McCanns want to sue the newspapers (money of course)

http://sosmaddie.dhblogs.be/

Thanks if you can copy and provide a translation
frencheuropean
First Time Offender

Postby Magali » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:02 pm

frencheuropean wrote:Duarte Levy SOS Madeleine Article today 8/03/2008

Why the McCanns want to sue the newspapers (money of course)

http://sosmaddie.dhblogs.be/

Thanks if you can copy and provide a translation

McCann veulent des actions en justice pour renflouer les caisses du Fonds Madeleine
MCs want legal actions to keep money rolling into the fund

d5b836fc10689f9e3da497bcc9f47001.jpgLes avocats du couple McCann ont entam├® des contacts avec plusieurs m├®dias britanniques les menacent des poursuites en justice pour leur couverture dans le cadre de disparition de leur fille Madeleine et de leur constitution comme arguidos par les autorit├®s portugaises.
Their solicitors have established several contacts with several British media,whom they are legally threatening about their covering of the case [...]and the MC- arguido status[...]

Le groupe Express est, pour le moment, le principal vis├® par les McCann qui voudraient obtenir un r├¿glement ├á l'amiable qui passerait pas le versement d'une compensation financi├¿re.
The Express group is,at the moment/nowadays,the main one being aimed by the MC,who would like to obtain a "friendly agreement" in financial compenstion matters. :!: :!: :!: :shock: :!: :blackeye:

R├®cemment, le Daily Express, principal publication du groupe, a retir├® de son site internet tous les articles publi├®s ├á propos de la disparition de Madeleine McCann. Le Groupe Express publie ├®galement le Sunday Express, le Daily Star et le Daily Star Sunday.
The Daily Express [..]has recently withdrawn all the "Maddy articles" from its website.
The Express group al;so publishes the Sunday Express,the Daily Star &Sunday Star.

b41957f255733809cd2a1b297d6b4ecc.jpgClarence Mitchell, ancien journaliste du Daily Express et actuel responsable en relations publiques de Gerry et Kate McCann, s'est dit "extrêmement insatisfait de la couverture du Groupe Express," rajoutant qu'il s'agit "du plus mauvais parmi tous les tabloïds."Clarence Mitchell,former journalist at the Daily Express,and present spokesman of the MC,said he was "extremely unsatisfied of the Express group covering",adding "it's the worst of all tabloids."

En vertu de la loi britannique, les avocats de Kate et Gerry McCann ont une ann├®e, apr├¿s la publication d'un article, pour d├®cider s'ils souhaitent entamer des poursuites en justice contre son contenu.According to British laws, K&G's solicitors have one year to decide of legal pursuits after the publication of an article.

Clarence Mitchell ├á confirm├® que l'argent r├®colt├® par une possible action en justice servirait ├á renflouer les caisses du Fonds Madeleine, pratiquement vides apr├¿s la chute du nombre de donations.
CM confirmed that possibly obtained money would help towards the Maddy-fund,which is now running almost empty ,after a drop in donations.

Le Fonds Madeleine ├á ├®t├® utilis├® jusqu'├á pr├®sent pour rembourser deux mensualit├®s de l'emprunt que les McCann ont contract├® pour l'achat de leur maison, pour financer les campagnes d'affiches et une partie des versements mensuels ├á l'agence de d├®tectives Metodo 3.tHE mADDY-FUND HAS BEEN USED SO FAR TO PAY for 2 monthly mortgage repayments of their private house,and to finance campaign posters and the part monthly wages of Metodo3.

06:35 Publi├® dans Madeleine McCann | Lien permanent | Commentaires (34) | Trackbacks (0) | Envoyer cette note | Tags : Madeleine, McCann, Daily, Express, Clarence, Metodo 3
Magali

Postby kizzy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:33 pm

Page on stand by.

Due to a small health problem (nothing serious, but takes some time, may be a few weeks.) this page will not be updated with regularity. My apologies, and I'll be back as soon as I can.

Posted by Paulo Reis at 17:28:00

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... nd-by.html
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby kizzy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm back 

Since February 8th, this is my first post. As I explained, due to a health problem, I had to stop posting at Gazeta Digital, for a few weeks. It wasn't a serious problem, but kept me out of my work as a freelance journalist. Now, I'm coming back, but I still have some physical limitations and I will have to go slowly, for a few more weeks. Looking at the most recent news – the fact that the Tapas Group had access to the content of the rogatory letters and part of the police files about the investigation of Madeleine's disappearance – I must say that this shouldn't be a surprise, for those who have been following this case.

On January 2008, Clarence Mitchell revealed that "British police and child protection officers do not suspect Madeleine McCann's parents of involvement in her disappearance". And he was clear about the source of this information, when he said: "I have also had briefings privately from the police and the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) centre that also gave me complete reassurance that the authorities, in this country certainly, are treating this as a case of rare stranger abduction, as they call it."

At the end of November 2007, the seven friends that were having diner at the Tapas restaurant, with Gerry and Kate McCann, met for the first time after the events at Praia da Luz. It was an emotional meeting, as the British Press referred, two weeks after the meeting took place, at a hotel in Rothley. But it wasn't only the group of friends that were present. Some of the advisers of the McCann family were there, also.

It's good to remember that on January 2008, the Foreign Secretary confirmed that he "has communicated with the McCann family on a number of occasions. However any further details relating to this have been withheld under Section 36 (2) (c) of the FOIA - information which, if disclosed, would or would be likely to, prejudice the effective conduct of public affairs. Section 36 is a qualified exemption and therefore a public interest test to determine whether or not the information should be released had to be applied."

Another strange detail has emerged, on October 2007, on an interview of Alex Woolfall, the Media management crisis expert that was at Praia da Luz 48 hours after Madeleine vanished. He told "The Times" that "he heard no suggestion in the early days that the girl had been snatched. 'Certainly I did not hear any discussion that this could be a paedophile or an aggravated robbery. All the time I was around it was whether she could have wandered off and had an accident or somebody had actually taken her in, perhaps not with ill-intent."

But Kate McCann was clear – and in total contradiction – about this subject, in several interviews to British newspapers: 'There wasn't a shadow of a doubt in my mind she'd been taken", Kate McCann told "The Independent", on August 5th, referring to the moment when she went inside the apartment and realized that Madeleine wasn't there.

Now, let's wait and see what course events will take. But going back to the beginning of this case, allow me to quote Piers Morgan, former editor of "News of The World" and "Daily Mirror": "Nobody I know says they would ever have left three kids aged under four on their own to go out with their mates at night on holiday. NOBODY."

Posted by Paulo Reis at 05:13:00

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... -back.html
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby kizzy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:59 pm

Lottery draw

When Portuguese detectives are ready to leave to UK and Clarence Mitchell admits that Gerry and Kate may choose to mark the first anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance in Praia da Luz, I found that Portugal Public Prosecutor's Office doesn't exist, like the Portuguese Criminal Court. And I made this amazing discovery just by accident, when I looked at the online edition of The Times, on April 3rd. Yes, April 3rd, not April 1st.

"None of the witnesses" to be questioned by British Police in the presence of Portuguese detectives "will be made arguidos (official suspects under Portuguese law)", according to The Times. Says who? – I asked myself. Because I thought that this kind of decisions, in a case that is classified as a crime, occurred in Portugal (a sovereign country) and has a Portuguese police investigation pending, belongs to Portuguese legal authorities.

But there is another point. How is it possible to give this kind of assurances, before the questioning? How is it possible to guarantee that a suspect will not be charged, even before he is submitted to a police interrogation? How is it possible to know the lottery numbers before the draw?

Posted by Paulo Reis at 22:56:00

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogs ... -draw.html
kizzy
Local Lag

PreviousNext

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations