Daily Express Articles.

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

Re: Daily Express Articles.

Postby KazLux » Mon May 05, 2008 10:31 am

Daily Express 23/10 Front page headline:

MADELEINE: 'MCCANNS OR A FRIEND MUST BE TO BLAME'

Tuesday October 23,2007
By David Pilditch in the Algarve and Jane Wharton

MADELEINE McCann's disappearance could only be the fault of her parents or a family friend, it was claimed yesterday.

A crucial eyewitness accuses the McCanns of being irresponsible parents.

The waiter who served them on that fateful night says he cannot understand why they did not use the resort's £10-a-night babysitting service. He even goes on to claim that he told police: "I did not think she had been taken by an abductor.

"I told them it had to be one of the family or a friend. It had to be someone close."

Jose Batista, 45, broke almost six months of silence to give the most detailed account yet of the McCanns' holiday and the build-up to Madeleine's disappearance.

Mr Batista, who served the McCanns and their friends at the tapas restaurant where they were dining on the night Madeleine disappeared, says they could not have seen their apartment from their table, as they have claimed.

He also says he was surprised that they apparently made a special arrangement with staff so that they could leave their children alone on four consecutive nights to eat at the tapas bar near their apartments in the Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz with their friends, dubbed the Tapas Nine.

"The group did check on their children regularly," he told the Daily Express. "I know that because I often took food to the table and found one of them was not there.

"I would take it back to the kitchen to heat it up. But it was always the men who went to check, never the women.

"The only time I can remember Kate McCann leaving the table was the night that the little girl disappeared.

"It didn't really mean anything at the time, but after all that happened I did begin to think that it was slightly strange. Why had Kate suddenly gone to check on the children that time, when she never had before?"...

Continues here: http://tinyurl.com/2tuhap
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Previous

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations