MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK II

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK II

Postby miffed » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:55 pm

HarveyHumphries: thanks for that on Ben Needham ... 'the last person to see the missing child' is also the suspect here?
miffed
On Parole

Postby poppy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:02 pm

A small for her age, 3 year old child, MIGHT be capable of opening patio doors to find her parents. But NO WAY would a child that age, have the inclination to then close them. She would have been frightened of the consequences of what she was doing and would CERTAINLY leave those doors open for a hasty retreat back.
poppy
Suspect

Postby batperson » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:20 pm

mr bluesky wrote:Why are the Twins not in care?

How do you know they're not in care?

.batperson
batperson
You're Nicked

Postby Fenugreek » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:28 pm

batperson wrote:

.batperson

A challenging question! There have been eye witness accounts and photographs of them all together which I don't think are fakes, it has to be said.
Fenugreek
On Parole

Postby batperson » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:36 pm

Fenugreek wrote:
batperson wrote:

.batperson

A challenging question! There have been eye witness accounts and photographs of them all together which I don't think are fakes, it has to be said.

Being in care doesn't automatically mean being taken away from your parents. See my post here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3654&p=106363&hilit=care#p106363

.batperson
batperson
You're Nicked

Postby imlawlor » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Shortly after social services visited the McCanns for a cup of tea Gerry reported in this blog that the twins had been introduced to a new friend. I took that to mean the twins remained in their care with some sort of supervision from social services.
imlawlor
You're Nicked

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:49 pm

imlawlor wrote:Shortly after social services visited the McCanns for a cup of tea Gerry reported in this blog that the twins had been introduced to a new friend. I took that to mean the twins remained in their care with some sort of supervision from social services.

Who will be to blame if the twins become the next victims of KM?
Eric
New In Town

Postby twiglet1963 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:05 pm

Whatever wrote:
A child 'with a sense of danger' might assume a stairgate was locked and could attempt to climb over it. At some point during the climb, an open stairgate would swing open and cause major confusion.

But they're also designed to prevent climbing: too tall and with no footholds around them. The first attempt to climb would generally push it open or it would swing back before they'd gained any height. I don't know if the stairgate makes any appearances on Panorama but if you're installing at the top of a flight of stairs you'd want it swinging back to stop a child pushing and falling through an unlocked gate. But it may have been installed by a moron and unchecked by the child-friendly Mark Warner and open on the night.

It's asking for an incredible degree of ingenuity and determination of Madeleine to want to venture out, to succeed, to negotiate two gates, to take the wrong turning and then to have the astonishing misfortune to happen upon a paedophile on holiday, with a car, or a nomadic gypsy child trafficker. I know it's now routine to think of the McCanns as the pinnacle of negligence but it asks for a superhuman degree of stupidity and disinterest to leave a child in an unlocked apartment, with an unlocked stairgate and an unlocked street gate.

Someone mentioned wishful thinking earlier.
Last edited by twiglet1963 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twiglet1963

Postby Meadow » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:34 pm

I think I might be rightfully the owner of the crown, the Queen of the woke and wandered theory.

I followed this very closely in the early days, when Madeleine disappeared, I kept information & links, particularly any snippet of the McCann's that gave a clue to where she slept, how she slept and what they saw.

One thing I found most astonishing was the ''other'' single bed under the window. May be Madeleine could have climbed on it an played with the windows, the mechanism of the shutters - who knows.

Then we had the Cuddle cat - placed where she could not reach etc etc.

As much as I could see that Madeleine who was a few days off her 4th Birthday could have walked off through the door of an unlocked apartment, negotiated the stair gate & bottom gate. My mind was finally put at rest, when Jane Tanner put her neck on the line in the description of sketchman and the t.v. footage supporting her statement.

Until her statement is challenged, neither the woke and wander theory holds water or the cadaver dogs suggesting Madeleine had died in the apartment. There is nothing either in Jane Tanners description that would offer hope that the child was alive, IMHO - the drawings portrays a death

Although one has to be frank to say, what Jane Tanner describes, that is she saw a man with a child fitting the description of Madeleine, in the presence of her father whilst talking to JW, far fetched, it has to be challenged and excluded.

Nothing to this case makes sense, until Jane Tanner statement is removed from the case. She remains the alibi to the events of that night.
Meadow
Local Lag

Postby twiglet1963 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm just watching Whistleblower on BBC. Programme is about childcare but part of it involves holiday childcare. A chilling tale of a child at a Mark Warner resort in Egypt who woke and wandered from their apartment, climbed a wall and wandered around the resort. :?
twiglet1963

Postby bjr » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Going to start a new main madeleine thread and move this one to the reference forum.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Previous

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations