Primary Sociopathy ???

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

Primary Sociopathy ???

Postby docbell » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:39 pm

Sociopaths who show lack of anxiety, and from whose behaviour society suffers, have been called "primary sociopaths" in distinction to the secondary group of personality disorders in which there are deep ingrained neurotic features.
Primary sociopathy is a disorder characterized by a cold lack of feeling for others, coupled with disregard for social obligations. They fail to learn from experiences and have a tendency to revert to immature and pleasure seeking behaviour, regardless of the consequences, even if they include punishment. Tolerance to frustration is low and behaviour may be seriously irresponsible or impetuously violent, callous unconcern being displayed towards the consequences.
Ability to control impulses or delay gratification may be poor, and plausible rationalization and or pathological lying may be used in an attempt to explain egocentrical behaviour.
He thrives on excitement and may engineer "exciting" events, often at the expense of others. There is a total lack of ability to see how his behaviour and impulses affect others, coupled with an inability to perceive adequately the feelings of other people. The consequences of his own actions may be lightly dismissed while he may sullenly exaggerate the restraining behaviour of others.
Major failures are repeated in his marriage, work and social relationships, and anxiety to these will be noticeably lacking.
Rejection of authority, discipline and convention may be marked although expansive and insincere promises are readily made.
The primary sociopath may appear to be so likable and charming but in a superficial way, he will be good at misleading and manipulating others. He will lie to you, cheat you and deceive you and will come back time and time again expecting to be believed. They will resort to theft, fraud, deception and swindling. This may bring them to brushes with the law.
Warming up the padded cell.
docbell
Suspect

Re: Primary Sociopathy ???

Postby mickey1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:41 pm

Golly Gosh Doc, whoever could you be talking about/
You are psychiatrist are you now?
keep the info flowing
"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense" [Winston Churchill]
mickey1
On Parole

Postby IRONSIDE » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:42 pm

Yep, sounds like our Gerry. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
IRONSIDE
Mafia Boss

Postby docbell » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 pm

I have no idea who this could possibly refer to. Just wandering through a few case notes thats all. :bounce:
docbell
Suspect

Postby mickey1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:17 pm

so doc...
how would you classify t'other one??

secondary sociopath?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense" [Winston Churchill]
mickey1
On Parole

Postby docbell » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:39 pm

mickey1 wrote:so doc...

With respect, I can only allude to my notes on other types and not attribute them to anyone in particular.

Hysterical Personality Disorder,
Behaviour is histrionic, commoner in females and equivalent to of male primary sociopathy. There is emotional liability, some excitability and dependency. There may be craving for appreciation and attention. Emotional responses are shallow, and although superficial, relationships can seem excellent. Flirtatious behaviours common in early stages of relationship. The idea of being in love and actual love are shallow. Hysterical and neurosis developed in response to stresses.
Responses are wrong, may self medicate for illnesses perceived. :bounce:
docbell
Suspect

Postby cushty » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:12 am

major failures relating to marriage, eh - that might put the cat among the pigeons

though I've always consoled myself with the thought that if these two never come to court, they will be tied to each other for life, and that will indeed be a life sentence
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby Tripz » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:17 am

docbell wrote:Sociopaths who show lack of anxiety, and from whose behaviour society suffers, have been called "primary sociopaths" in distinction to the secondary group of personality disorders in which there are deep ingrained neurotic features.
Primary sociopathy is a disorder characterized by a cold lack of feeling for others, coupled with disregard for social obligations. They fail to learn from experiences and have a tendency to revert to immature and pleasure seeking behaviour, regardless of the consequences, even if they include punishment. Tolerance to frustration is low and behaviour may be seriously irresponsible or impetuously violent, callous unconcern being displayed towards the consequences.
Ability to control impulses or delay gratification may be poor, and plausible rationalization and or pathological lying may be used in an attempt to explain egocentrical behaviour.
He thrives on excitement and may engineer "exciting" events, often at the expense of others. There is a total lack of ability to see how his behaviour and impulses affect others, coupled with an inability to perceive adequately the feelings of other people. The consequences of his own actions may be lightly dismissed while he may sullenly exaggerate the restraining behaviour of others.
Major failures are repeated in his marriage, work and social relationships, and anxiety to these will be noticeably lacking.
Rejection of authority, discipline and convention may be marked although expansive and insincere promises are readily made.
The primary sociopath may appear to be so likable and charming but in a superficial way, he will be good at misleading and manipulating others. He will lie to you, cheat you and deceive you and will come back time and time again expecting to be believed. They will resort to theft, fraud, deception and swindling. This may bring them to brushes with the law.

At a guess is a analysis of one of the prime suspects , G? :D

nice :wink:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby eric144 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:29 am

I just finished reading the life story of Red Hot Chili Peppers singer Anthony Kiedis. He really does fit that defintion pretty well exactly. The book is a truth telling exercise of a theraputic kind (I assume). This guy misspent more youth in an hour than most people could in a year.

One of the problems with this personality type is that they are often admired. I suspect they are particularly successful in America.
eric144
Been Cautioned

Postby Estelle » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:40 am

docbell wrote:
mickey1 wrote:so doc...

With respect, I can only allude to my notes on other types and not attribute them to anyone in particular.

Hysterical Personality Disorder,
Behaviour is histrionic, commoner in females and equivalent to of male primary sociopathy. There is emotional liability, some excitability and dependency. There may be craving for appreciation and attention. Emotional responses are shallow, and although superficial, relationships can seem excellent. Flirtatious behaviours common in early stages of relationship. The idea of being in love and actual love are shallow. Hysterical and neurosis developed in response to stresses.
Responses are wrong, may self medicate for illnesses perceived. :bounce:

Yes I agree with HPD plus somatic narcissism which are very similar.
Justice for Maddie and the twins!
Estelle
Mafia Boss

Postby IRONSIDE » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:36 am

That just about sums them both up....The perfect couple...Where did maddie fit in to this,by kates own admission a difficult child.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :alien: :alien:
IRONSIDE
Mafia Boss

Postby docbell » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:06 am

IRONSIDE wrote:That just about sums them both up....The perfect couple...Where did maddie fit in to this,by kates own admission a difficult child.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :alien: :alien:

Have not much time at the moment, but will later.

The short answer is ""She did not, that was the problem""
docbell
Suspect

Postby sasha » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:00 pm

Docbell. Having read your two descriptions I can only conclude that you are indeed talking about our two esteemed friends. I think you are a truly brilliant mind to have been able to describe them so perfectly without having actually met them. No seriously, a great two posts. Spot on.
sasha
Been Cautioned

Postby thentherewere4 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:05 pm

I think we all accept that the Mccanns are sociopaths,ie. they exhibit all if most of the characteristics one associates with this type of mental disorder.

This is common sense and we must be willing to apply the same rules to all aspects of evidence that we come across.
thentherewere4
On Parole

Location: The Rothley Court Hotel Westfield Lane Rothley LE7 7LG

Postby chimaera » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:14 pm

A perfect description of my first husband; he was a sociopath. Mind you, he used to tell me I was a neurotic. Still, better neurotic than psychotic.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Next

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations