A big Thanx to MEL & ManyFaces4aChild, Appealing photos

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

Re: A big Thanx to MEL & ManyFaces4aChild, Appealing photos

Postby sans_souci » Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 am

Oy you bu&&ers. Scoundrels. Plagarists the lot of you!! I mentioned Magali first on the other thread.

And don't give me the old "well, that was before the game started" rubbish!

:D :D :D
sans_souci
Local Lag

Postby gestalt » Tue May 20, 2008 9:44 am

aloneinDK wrote: I might have missed those posts you mention. But hey, I can ask for more autographs ! :)

Absolutely :wink: I was compiling an multi-answer to the overnight posts and had that one ready when yours came in = I was answering beaky really.
gestalt
First Time Offender

Postby Betty » Tue May 20, 2008 9:47 am

Can I just say that I posted on the original thread that Mel posted and I have respect for her, as even though a few of us disagreed that there was anything amiss about the photo, or any of the others that were posted later on, she was very gracious in her debate and did not resort to name calling, unlike others..

However, I think that this photo looks more in context (re the arm) now that we have seen the full pic. I dont think a big ice cream cone ness makes for a falic symbol. Neither do I think you can say for sure that Maddie is wearing make up. In the last pic posted the sat/hue has been reduced, and yes from that it does look like she has make up on.

But, it is not the original image that has had the colour/contrast reduced. It is an image of an image. From this you cannot get an accurate view of the pic. If you had the original and chenged the colour, and it still looked that way, thn I would agree that it looks as though Maddie has been made up.

As it is, it is too distorted to tell.

I can fully see why there are concerns, but I think they have been overpplayed.

PS - Beaker and Mel, For the record, I wish I was a hardened drinker - but I dont really touch the stuff!!!! Any longer on here though, and I may be. :D (Hic)
Betty
New In Town

Postby gestalt » Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 am

sans_souci wrote:Oy you bu&&ers. Scoundrels. Plagarists the lot of you!! I mentioned Magali first on the other thread.

wwwwhat, where,when but but but
gestalt
First Time Offender

Postby sans_souci » Tue May 20, 2008 9:55 am

gestalt wrote:
sans_souci wrote:Oy you bu&&ers. Scoundrels. Plagarists the lot of you!! I mentioned Magali first on the other thread.

wwwwhat, where,when but but but

It's ok - I am not going to wade through the cesspit of that thread to find it!!

But seriously, it does seem that it is not only "pros" who reappear in different guises (and I do wonder who the OP on this very thread is as well!)
sans_souci
Local Lag

Postby isis » Tue May 20, 2008 10:01 am

Not going to get dragged in here but imo the cone looks like as if it has been pushed up in the paper to stop it dripping. I dont know enough about photography to make any comment on the photograph itself.
truth is always a casualty.
isis
Mafia Boss

Postby mercedes2 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:03 am

My thoughts too isis.
mercedes2
Local Lag

Postby nurgis » Tue May 20, 2008 10:30 am

For my opinion I think people are reading far to much into this photograph.
NO more ice please and justice for Maddie
nurgis
Local Lag

Postby gestalt » Tue May 20, 2008 10:33 am

Betty wrote:Can I just say that I posted on the original thread that Mel posted and I have respect for her, as even though a few of us disagreed that there was anything amiss about the photo, or any of the others that were posted later on, she was very gracious in her debate and did not resort to name calling, unlike others..

I was addressing the OP and a reply to the above message will serve the same purpose to illustrate to the day shift what occured last night pointing to one relevant page http://3as.madeleinemccann.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13114&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=gestalt&start=322 where I came in and started to take apart mel's little game before Cynical_tourist delivered the killer blow by showing a different video frame grab of the same image.

I politely posted my observation about the image, this "gracious" poster dismissed and insulted me for daring to question the OP, a further seemingly "partner in crime" was more abusive and both suggested I was calling them, or insinuating that they were paedophiles. I has asked them to indicate where I did this but have not received this or an apology to me and others, despite several requests. The last time I asked for this the thread was closed, perhaps bjr thought that I was pushing to hard for a reply

mel wrote:It is vigilant people like us that family members don't have to worry about! We don't put our kids at risk either by leaving them alone in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country while we go get p***** nor do we post pics of them half naked in pools for the whole world to see!

Can only a few people here see that it is physical impossibilty for the arm holding the ice cream to be Madeleines from the angle that the real arm would bend at?
Ok perhaps I am too mathematically minded or just too b****y logical for people like you! But then that's why my kids are with me now & not "abducted" & in some far off place giving the abductors "their tuppence worth" or "being treated like a princess"

It is enough that I treated my kids like royalty as they deserved & I didn't abandon them & leave them to their fate, nor did I ever lose my temper & break one of their necks leaving blood spatter all over an apartment! So don't b****y talk to me about taking a look at myself, tell that to the McCanns!

sparticus wrote:If the photo strikes you as entirely innocent ... so much so, that the very suggestion that other posters don't like it, makes you feel 'sick' ... why did you cut it in half like that ?

I don't ask you that question because you're a 'pro' or because almost every one of your posts have been made on photo related threads ... but just because if you find the photo so non-comment worthy, why did you go to the trouble of changing it ?

My own thoughts are

Here are the parents of a little girl who, they would have us believe, is in the hands of a predatory paedophile. They're asked to find some photos to release to the press ... so they sit there sifting through the family snaps and say, " ooh, how about this one where she's holding an over sized phallic symbol ?"

What the f*** is wrong with these people ?

sparticus wrote:
gestalt wrote:I might ask the same of you, I find your imagery utterly repugnant. Do you really look at a child holding an ice cream in this way? Do you really believe that even parents as irresponsible and careless as the McCann's could stretch to poor quality, vague insinuations in some attempt to indicate abduction for sexual purposes by using a image that a tiny few others find "provocative". If I were a close family member to some of the posters on this thread tonight I'd be seriously worried. It's not showing any special powers of investigation, nor is it facing some projected view of reality, it's aberrant behavior and individuals should really take a look at themselves. I hope this does not descend further and bjr then has to carve up the thread like the last time individuals went down this avenue.

... and here it comes ... the inevitable 'you must be some kind of perve' attack ( and you say you're not a pro ? :roll: )

Well you can f*** off with that kind of boll*x when you like !

I don't like that photo ... and that's that

How F*****G dare you !

mel wrote:Mel
What kind of an idiot are you that cannot work our that is not Madeleine's arm? & yes it takes logic to work out that the arm I see coming down from her shoulder could not physically bend & come back at that angle! Synchronise your brain with your mouth please!

& when I am splashed all over the media after having treated my kid like the McCanns treated Madeleine you can then raise questions as to my integrity until then keep your lurid slurs for someone who deserves them! I do not use bad language on boards but take a look back at Spartacus's post & DITTO!
gestalt
First Time Offender

Postby Betty » Tue May 20, 2008 10:41 am

Gestalt - Oh, I had logged off by then I think.

When I was referring to 'unlike others' I was talking about another user that called me an idiot for questioning the discussion re the photo. I didnt get that abuse from Mel, which is why I said she was gracious.

Feelings were running high on this discussion.

For what it is worth, I think there is nothing in the photo that is of concern.
Betty
New In Town

Postby sans_souci » Tue May 20, 2008 10:42 am

This forum is full of the most amazing coincidences. Really extraordinary.

What are the chances that, following the (very sensible) locking of the original thread by bjr, a new thread is opened by a brand new, very very recently registered poster by the name of "respect4kids" praising Mel for her investigative thread and for standing up to all the bullies.

And then, by happenstance, Mel comes along 10 mintes later to thank "respect4kids" for her kind words. Extraordinary.

A more suspicious mind than mine may think that respect4kids and mel are quite closely connected............
sans_souci
Local Lag

Postby gestalt » Tue May 20, 2008 10:49 am

sans_souci wrote:This forum is full of the most amazing coincidences. Really extraordinary.

What are the chances that, following the (very sensible) locking of the original thread by bjr, a new thread is opened by a brand new, very very recently registered poster by the name of "respect4kids" praising Mel for her investigative thread and for standing up to all the bullies.

And then, by happenstance, Mel comes along 10 mintes later to thank "respect4kids" for her kind words. Extraordinary.

A more suspicious mind than mine may think that respect4kids and mel are quite closely connected............

More than connected, and even conjoined, must be integrated; yes that fits. :wink:
gestalt
First Time Offender

Postby carlymichelle » Tue May 20, 2008 10:53 am

everyone should not be judged for their opinion and i saw plenty of that
carlymichelle
On Parole

Postby sans_souci » Tue May 20, 2008 11:11 am

carlymichelle wrote:everyone should not be judged for their opinion and i saw plenty of that

People do make judgements based on people's actions and expressed opinions. I do it, you do it.
sans_souci
Local Lag

Postby aloneinDK » Tue May 20, 2008 11:16 am

gestalt wrote:
sans_souci wrote:This forum is full of the most amazing coincidences. Really extraordinary.

More than connected, and even conjoined, must be integrated; yes that fits. :wink:

------Are you guys talking about a rare case of perfect three-way symbiosis ? :)
aloneinDK
New In Town

PreviousNext

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations