ILLUSTRATED GLOSSARY OF THE MADELEINE McCANN CASE ' MK II

Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.

Re: ILLUSTRATED GLOSSARY OF THE MADELEINE McCANN CASE ' MK II

Postby albym » Mon May 26, 2008 6:07 pm

NLR
Last edited by albym on Tue May 27, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
albym
New In Town

Postby HawkEyes1 » Mon May 26, 2008 7:01 pm

I like the "numbers" montage exactly as is, albym, so no changes necessary! I look forward to the amended collages but take your time. No hurry...

Today I have finished putting all the glossary terms into bold face, so that they stand out from the description. I had wanted to do this for some time but was concerned about eating up too many characters, as bold face adds 5 additional characters for every term highlighted! Hope posters will agree that this improves reading ease and that they are enjoying all the marvellous, new illustrations.

It has been fun working with albym on this project!
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby HawkEyes1 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:53 am

albym wrote:

Left to right, top to bottom: 24 horas logo; Map of west Algarve (background)with 4km and 25km radii from Luz ; Reward poster; Express Group award; Home with tapas in the back garden; 999 + 1 = 1,000; 5A spawning 3A; Watch with time on its face as well as its hands; Wine bottle count; American viewers; E-mails; 100% and 103% Percentages; House values; Pound pill for the plague or paying the laundry bill?

I think you have captured the numbers exceedingly well. The watch with time on its face, in particular, is very clever, albym. A tricky one to do, but successful, all the same!

The ILLUSTRATED GLOSSARY... now occupies 48 pages of a Word document.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby HawkEyes1 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:39 am

New additions to the glossary:

Buggy, Baby = A British term for a light-weight, folding form of a perambulator for transporting babies and toddlers; used by the McCanns for carrying the twins; see also Stroller

Baby Buggy see Buggy, Baby

Stroller = American term for a buggy; see also Buggy, Baby

URL = Acronym for Universal Resource Locator; see also Universal Resource Locator

Universal Resource Locator = A technical term for a web-page or address on the Internet
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby albym » Tue May 27, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi Hawkeyes. I had some time today to do the quickfixes. Below find the amended captions.

Letter B

Left section, left to right, top to bottom: Matt Baggott, Chief Constable, Leicester Police; Brian's Dreams website logo; Broadmoor Asylum entrance (background); Martin Brunt; G&K with red buggy leaving the premises; Sonia Beldom; Cherie Blair; Tony Blair muppet-head in prison drag; BWB solicitors logo; David Beckham appeal with Maddie's hair Bead inset; Baying mob with a howling wolf wineclub logo. Right section, left to right, top to bottom: John Buck; Belgian Maddie suspect; the real Captain Birdseye; Catriona Baker; Tony Bennett; Barney with Bush; Richard Branson; Manuel Domingues Borba; Miss Beazley with Mrs Bush; Bundleman (background); three Blue tennis bags of different dimensions; Bleach; another Blue tennis bag.

Letter C

Upper left section: Casa Liliana entrance with Portuguese policeman (background) with insets: Marcos Aragão Correia; Alberto Costa (top right); Paulo Cristovão (left; black and white) and silhouette of 'the Truth conspiracy'; Najova Chekaya; Chaplins logo. Upper right section: Calpol montage; Gail Cooper with Cooperman (inset); Child friendly toppings on cake, with Cocaine lines above; Kate McCann's Crocodile tears; Coloboma; Jon Corner. Lower left section: Carter-Ruck logo; CCP logo; COMARE logo; cartoon to represent Conspirators and conspiracy-theorists; Control Risks logo; Lori Campbell; Michael Caplan QC; Chelsea tractor. Lower right section: CEOP logo; Cuddlecat; Sandy and Trish Cameron; the two Simon Cowells.

Letter D

Left to right, top to bottom: Daily Mirror logo; Dirty nappy cartoon background with Daily Express/Daily Star apology and Richard Desmond; Jose Cunha De Magalhaes e Meneses (inset); Carlos Pinto de Abreu; Jose Barra da Costa; Diário de Notícias and De Telegraaf logos; Sheree Dodd; Dowser/water diviner finding a Dr. Who birthday cake; doggy doo-doo flying the Union Jack.

Letter E

Left to right, top to bottom: EasyJet plane; Map of Devon showing location of Exeter (background); Editorial Intelligence logo; Emoticons; Eyelid ptosis; Sally Eveleigh; scenes of Exeter, Eeyore; Eurojust logo; top UK sniffer dog Eddie; Eurostar train; Eurostar logo. Lower right section, left to right, top to bottom: Map of the UK showing location of county of Devon (background); Europol; Guilhermino da Encarnação; Egghead.

Letter F

Upper section: Cartoon Fala/Fado singer with insets tpop to bottom: Mrs Pamela Fenn, Sandra Felgueiras and 'Frenchman' abductor); Family friendly montage of two families (one inset bottom right) with a Full English on the table; Lower left and Bottom sections: Find Madeleine and Forever Searching website logos; 'Jugs' Judy Finnigan (upper) and Vanessa Feltz (lower); Rubbish dump of broken Fridges with a 'head' in a fridge (inset); The FSS website logo; a Full Monty; Book cover 'With Friends in High places' with inset of Raiders of the Lost Ark Gestapo man who fell out of favour; Martyn Falkous and 'Furious'.

Letter G

Left to right, top to bottom: GNR website logo; John Gaunt; Jacqueline Gold; Sir Philip Green (upper); Alberto Gonzales (lower); GPS device used in the Iranian kidnapping of Royal Navy personnel; 'Gone Baby Gone' film poster; Gazeta Digital website logo (upper); GoogleÔäó logo (lower); Martin Grime; Nicky Gill; smoking Guru chatting to the higher power.

Letter I

Upper left section: Internaut montage (a young beginner; the InterNIC Internaut; a Fugly.com Internaut); ICMEC logo; IFLG logo. Upper right section: Igreja da Luz (background); Infrared Cameras Inc. logo with a helmet thermal imaging device; Jemmies a.k.a. crowbars embedded in the church towers. Lower section: Infohost logo; Stelios Haji-Ioannou; Jerry a.k.a. chamber-pot a.k.a. 'guzunder' 'cos it 'guzunder the bed'; ITV channel logos; GPRS Inc. logo; an eaten apple (Jantaram - "THEY ate it!" as in "THEY've taken her!"); Evert Hoos and his Incinerator.

Letter J

Upper section: Jeremy Beadle (before and after); Gerry and Kate McCann running (Jogging) away again, hopefully straight to the lady with the sword and scales (Justice); JN logo. Lower section: Jetski (what is Beadle smiling at?); Jehovah's witness visiting lady to deliver his signal publication, The Watchtower; Gaynor (de) Jesus; Jayne Jensen.

Letter O

Left section: Gerry and Kate McCann Opening Post (background) with Matthew Oldfield; Rachel Oldfield; Bridget O'Donnell; Oddball and Jos├® Manuel Oliveira (insets). Right section: top-to-bottom, left-to-right: Online Resident website logo; On the other hand; Parole board cartoon; Obfuscation (smoke and mirrors); Map showing location of Odi├íxere (background) with market day in Odi├íxere; Odi├íxere town council (Freguesia) logo; Ordem dos Advogados logo (insets).

NOTE:
Letter M
I swapped Eileen and Mitchell as requested. You can swap the names in the caption.

Cheers.
albym
New In Town

Postby HawkEyes1 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 am

Today's correction:

Monteiro, Fernando Jos├® Pinto = Portugal's Attorney General

instead of Monteiro, Henrique Pinto. Confusing, as the Guardian also has the Attorney General down as Henrique Pinto Monteiro, while many newspapers have the name down as Pinto Monteiro only, with no forenames!
Last edited by HawkEyes1 on Wed May 28, 2008 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby HawkEyes1 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:02 am

albym wrote: Hi Hawkeyes. I had some time today to do the quickfixes. Below find the amended captions... Cheers.

Would you give me the revised photobucket URLs? It looks as though the montages are not updating themselves through the usual channels. I am starting to wonder if there has been been a slight variation in the formatting of the URL. Would you mind taking a look?

Many thanks, albym.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby HawkEyes1 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:53 am

New addition today that I found on the mccannfiles website:

Connell, Tony = A member of the Crown Prosecution Service's special casework unit, who has been advising the senior detectives at Leicestershire Police on the case; previously he had led the review which led to the conviction of Damilola Taylor's killers

Many thanks, redsquare!
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby albym » Wed May 28, 2008 12:48 pm

HawkEyes1 wrote:
albym wrote: Hi Hawkeyes. I had some time today to do the quickfixes. Below find the amended captions... Cheers.

Would you give me the revised photobucket URLs? It looks as though the montages are not updating themselves through the usual channels. I am starting to wonder if there has been been a slight variation in the formatting of the URL. Would you mind taking a look?

Many thanks, albym.

See my PM, HawkEyes.
albym
New In Town

Postby pike1 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:00 pm

Wow!What teamwork HawkEyes and albym...I am really impressed with all your work on this Illstrated Glossary...and to think I just used to give you a few words daily HawkEyes ...what a long time ago now that seems! :lol:
"Always tell the truth.That way you don`t have to remember what you said"[Mark Twain]

The 3 Arguidos Cookery Book : great recipes!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3620&p=355600#p355600
pike1
Hardened Criminal

Postby HawkEyes1 » Fri May 30, 2008 7:09 am

Glad you are enjoying the new version of the ILLUSTRATED GLOSSARY, Pike1.

New addition:

Linnett, Michael = A business/IT consultant with Business Aspects; recently appointed to the Board of Directors of Madeleine's Fund following Esther McVey's and Philip Tomlinson's resignation

Robertson, Geoffrey = A lawyer and Queen's Counsel, who helped the McCanns draft their declaration for an alert system for missing children at the European Parliament

Amended Entry:

Tomlinson, Philip = A Leicester lawyer and a friend of the McCanns, who served on the first Board of Directors of Madeleine's Fund under Esther McVey; now resigned from the board
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Previous

Return to Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations