Child Offenders ordered onto UK's Sex Offender's Register

Introduce yourself and have a general conversation. What are you talking about today?

Re: Child offenders ordered onto UK's Sex Offender's Register

Postby blossom » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:22 pm

edit
Last edited by blossom on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blossom
Local Lag

Postby vivida22 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:27 pm

ProbablyNot wrote:im not shocked Mr sachen,but for someone who seemed to be saying recently that kids should not be on the sex offenderrs register,i wonder what you make of it?

do you still think they are having their human rights abused?

i dont have any probs with kids on the register,cos most of the real sex pervs start very very young. better to know about them asap.

I agree with this 100%
vivida22
You're Nicked

Postby DrachenSachen » Fri May 30, 2008 4:17 am

BBC News - Scotland

Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Schoolboy guilty of child abuse

A schoolboy convicted of abusing a five-year-old girl in a toy tent has been placed on the sex offenders register and warned that he faces jail.

David Callum, 17, from Alloa, assaulted the child in her bedroom after being left to babysit for just over an hour.

The fifth year secondary school pupil was convicted after a two-day trial at Stirling Sheriff Court.

The child, now six, gave evidence from behind opaque screens during the trial. Callum will be sentenced in July.

The court heard the teenager had been left in charge of the child while her mother and grandmother went to view a flat which was for rent.

The child said her mother allowed her to sleep in the tent in her bedroom on 20 June last year because the light nights had been keeping her awake.

The assault took place after Callum read her a bedtime story.

'Strange comment'

The girl told the court: "I screamed but he still kept doing it.

"I don't know how long it lasted, but I was shouting for my mummy.

"Then he spoke to me and told me not to tell my mum but I needed to tell my mum."

The child's 25-year-old mother said she returned to the flat to find her daughter "quite distressed".

She said upon her arrival, Callum was standing outside the girl's bedroom door and seemed eager to leave.

He told the girl's mother: "Thank God you're here."

Then the girl shouted "David, you've broken my heart" through the bedroom door.

The mother said: "I thought it was quite a strange comment."

The following morning the girl told her mother what had happened.

Police were called and she was examined in hospital.

An experienced officer from Central Scotland Police's child protection squad took the girl's statement and described it as "definite, concise and consistent".

Callum was convicted of using lewd and libidinous practices and behaviour towards the girl, who cannot be identified for legal reasons.

Deferring sentence until 2 July and releasing Callum on bail, Sheriff Andrew Cubie warned him that he could face custody.

He said: "You must be aware of the seriousness of this offence, and all sentencing options are open.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tay ... 424190.stm
Live Radio und Web-TV aus allen Ländern

http://www.surfmusik.de/
DrachenSachen
On Parole

Re: Child Offenders ordered onto UK's Sex Offender's Register

Postby DrachenSachen » Fri May 30, 2008 4:38 am

I was going to rename the thread to Juvenile Offenders instead of Child Offenders but according to HM Prison Service "Juvenile offenders are young people aged between 15 and 17 years of age who have been given a custodial sentence."

Since this thread contains mainly offenders under the ages of 15 the term "Juvenille Offenders" is therefore inappropriate.
Live Radio und Web-TV aus allen Ländern

http://www.surfmusik.de/
DrachenSachen
On Parole

Previous

Return to Lounge/What are you talking about