"Britain`s Got Talent" 2008 [TV programme]

Introduce yourself and have a general conversation. What are you talking about today?

"Britain`s Got Talent" 2008 [TV programme]

Postby pike1 » Fri May 30, 2008 5:37 am

We`ve just been watching this ITV programme in our house throughout this week having missed it before in past years as I`m not that keen on these types of show usually ...however I have been impressed by some of the youngsters talents and have just seen a 12 year old girl who has a truly beautiful voice ....and I think she will go far!
Just wondered if anyone else has been watching it too and what your opinions are[of the good and the bad entries...]?
[or is everyone glued to this forum in the evenings? :lol: :lol: ]
"Always tell the truth.That way you don`t have to remember what you said"[Mark Twain]

The 3 Arguidos Cookery Book : great recipes!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3620&p=355600#p355600
pike1
Hardened Criminal

Re: "Britain`s Got Talent" 2008 [TV programme]

Postby metodomom » Fri May 30, 2008 6:23 am

Hi Pike.
I don't normally watch shows like this as boredom factor sets in easily.

However, yes its very entertaining. There are several acts I particularly like. I have to say though some acts that got through to the semi final surprised me. They kinda reminded me of Haven type holiday entertainment
8)
Faith and doubt both are needed - not as antagonists, but working side by side to take us around the unknown curve.
Lillian Smith
metodomom
New In Town

Postby pike1 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:32 am

Hi metodomom..thanks for replying...yes I do agree with you ..I didn`t see the heats but some acts in this semi final were very bizarre IMO for example that Gothic[?]Magic act....
It seems that ITV are spending most of this morning talking about this years acts.
What also struck me was that the children on it weren`t generally precocious which can sometimes be the case!
"Always tell the truth.That way you don`t have to remember what you said"[Mark Twain]

The 3 Arguidos Cookery Book : great recipes!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3620&p=355600#p355600
pike1
Hardened Criminal

Postby sasha » Fri May 30, 2008 3:10 pm

We have watched each programme leading up to the present semi-finals. I can say that some of the acts had me and my husband in stitches. They were so funning although the majority of them weren't supposed to be and obviously took themselves very seriously. Some of the acts which were voted by the panel into the semis shouldn't really have been there. The guy who played the Star Wars theme on the electric organ was absolutely hilarious in his qualifying round and even funnier in the semi-final
sasha
Been Cautioned

Postby ponky » Fri May 30, 2008 3:27 pm

sasha wrote:We have watched each programme leading up to the present semi-finals. I can say that some of the acts had me and my husband in stitches. They were so funning although the majority of them weren't supposed to be and obviously took themselves very seriously. Some of the acts which were voted by the panel into the semis shouldn't really have been there. The guy who played the Star Wars theme on the electric organ was absolutely hilarious in his qualifying round and even funnier in the semi-final

Saw him. Loved it when he announced his diploma in playing.
The other act I saw on youtube. They danced with masks and a mum of one of them choreographed the routine. Don't recall their name though.
I dont watch as Amanda Holden irritates the Hell out of me.
ponky
First Time Offender

Postby lioned » Fri May 30, 2008 3:41 pm

Hi Pike1. We are all watching in our house,i thought the 'judges' very unfair to the magic acts as obviously they tend to build up to a climax and none were allowed to finish.
There is a lot of good talent there,the 12 year old girl singer is well advanced for her years and will be a star.
Think the 'kung foo' dancing boys are good.
lioned
Local Lag

Postby Cas » Fri May 30, 2008 4:13 pm

Hi Pike

Watching it in this house too, and that girl has a voice of an angel, I dont think their is anyone else to top her at all. I been waiting for the electric fiddle playing girls they sounded good,
the guy with the star wars ct was a hoot,
Cas

Justice for Madeleine

Click here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thevoiceformadeleine

Please sign the above................. Thank you

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Cuddle Cat.
(")_(")
Cas
Been Cautioned

Postby Plath » Fri May 30, 2008 4:17 pm

He he, I like the worst acts the best because they are so funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
Plath
Been Cautioned

Postby Plath » Fri May 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Sorry, forgot to say, they should have another programme for the rejects, for the worst of the worst acts. That would be great. Wonder who would win? Imagine the fame (or infamy?) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Plath
Been Cautioned

Postby AspieDistra » Fri May 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Keep the AspieDistra Flying
AspieDistra
Suspect

Return to Lounge/What are you talking about