The case of today Re DeBunker.

Introduce yourself and have a general conversation. What are you talking about today?

Re: The case of today Re DeBunker.

Postby chimaera » Fri May 30, 2008 8:40 am

Rat. The best way to attack these bullies who are sending you emails is to ignore. Personally, I just trash them.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby Plath » Fri May 30, 2008 8:40 am

ratonthebeam, that is TERRIBLE. I am so so sorry. I am pleased to hear that those dreadful emails are in the hands of the police. You take care. Sorry you won't be around, but yes, your family and particularly your kids, come first. Good luck. xx
Plath
Been Cautioned

Postby librarising » Fri May 30, 2008 8:48 am

chimaera wrote:Rat. The best way to attack these bullies who are sending you emails is to ignore. Personally, I just trash them.

They're attacking Rat because they think they know something about her personally; this allows them to try to terrorise her personally. Human garbage. Poor Rat.
It ain't over till the thin lady sings.
librarising
Been Cautioned

Postby Plath » Fri May 30, 2008 8:52 am

How did they get her email address? Are they doing it through this forum? Or have they got it some other way. I know other people who have had terrible emails, that have not come via the forum, but not exactly threatening ones, more abusive.
Plath
Been Cautioned

Postby miffed » Fri May 30, 2008 9:01 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:
TruthMlud and to an extent, Blackwatch, have played a significant role in sowing seeds of distrust regarding the admin of this forum.

Nbrado makes an error of judgement in naively allowing Debunker to change his newly outed sock puppet name NeverAlone to Debunker so posters would know who they were dealing with. Debunker immediately seizes the opportunity to provoke posters and cause havoc over here. A few suspicious members, with their big mouths make it even worse by throwing unfounded accusations at Nbrado. That's exactly what TruthMlud has been rooting for all this time.

I just wish people would realise this is just another victory for Debunker and that crowd of hard-core trolls.
Last edited by miffed on Fri May 30, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
miffed
On Parole

Postby Plath » Fri May 30, 2008 9:07 am

Well I am very concerned about how people are getting hold of people's email addys. IMO this is far more than just ordinary trolling.
Plath
Been Cautioned

Postby librarising » Fri May 30, 2008 9:10 am

Plath wrote:How did they get her email address? Are they doing it through this forum? Or have they got it some other way. I know other people who have had terrible emails, that have not come via the forum, but not exactly threatening ones, more abusive.

No, as I understand it, it was via partially successful guessing games on the now-deleted DX 'Have Your Say' columns. Before any of us realised what wicked people were involved in all this we might have let slip some personal details that we later learned to hide (sigh).

These types like to spread paranoia, they like to make you worry that somehow they can get at your email etc. They enjoy putting easily-available IP-address recording tools on their nasty little sites and telling you they can get to you via them. They can't. I've never seen any evidence that forum privacy can be breached technically, it's always a question of looking at things people say and guessing. Most of us got out of the habit of giving traceable personal stuff away once we saw the likes of Debunker/name removed at work.

For what it's worth, it has always seemed to me that these 'trolls' are likely to be lonely adolescents with autistic-spectrum disorders who have not received appropriate care. I have spend quite a lot of time working with such young people (use that to trace me if you can!) and I recognise the mindset, the mindgames and the language.
Last edited by bonnybraes1 on Fri May 30, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: name removed
librarising
Been Cautioned

Postby Plath » Fri May 30, 2008 9:16 am

On the other hand, it may be that this is deliberate and actual threatening behaviour, not mere juvenile tactics. As our Government well knows, there is no absolute security for any data held on computer systems. We cannot make sweeping assertions that this is sad lonely juveniles.
Plath
Been Cautioned

Postby librarising » Fri May 30, 2008 9:23 am

I mean - just think of some sad clever little kid who can't relate to other people at all, just comes across a self-centred geek, indulged as 'brilliant' by his parents, bullied constantly at school. Before long their inborn poor capacity for empathy turns into an inability to conceive of human relationships in any terms but those of power.

Face to face relationships are for them always about power. At school, they have no power - but the bullies teach them how to exert it should they ever get the chance. At home their worried parents spoil them and flatter them, making the whole thing worse, and in that relationship the child holds the reins.

No-one to play with so soon they discover the internet. There you can have human relationships that never turn worryingly physical. There you can play power games to your heart's content. Debunker is not sane or normal is he? He has no ability to empathise does he? He seeks to destroy rather than to build human relationships and trust doesn't he? Autism, untreated and running wild.

[edited to make plain - I hope - that most people with this condition are not any of these destructive nasty things. But without recognition and treatment it can go this way and I've seen it often enough.)
Last edited by librarising on Fri May 30, 2008 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
librarising
Been Cautioned

Postby librarising » Fri May 30, 2008 9:26 am

Plath wrote:On the other hand, it may be that this is deliberate and actual threatening behaviour, not mere juvenile tactics. As our Government well knows, there is no absolute security for any data held on computer systems. We cannot make sweeping assertions that this is sad lonely juveniles.

Crossed post with you Plath. Agreed that this behaviour is not to be dismissed as merely childish; it is criminal. This 'child' may be over 40!

No there is no absolute security but people like this trade on our ignorance to make us more worried than we need be, with the aim of transforming themselves into some Fearsome Dark Force in our minds and satisfying their power urges.
librarising
Been Cautioned

Postby Plath » Fri May 30, 2008 9:32 am

Thanks librarising for your well reasoned and informed posts. I agree with you largely. Am concerned however that there could be a crossover point where the 'juvenile' crosses from internet fantasy to actual re-enactment of the desire/dream or whatever you want to call it. If one is able sufficiently to correlate information, from many sources, one cannot rule out the possiblity that such a thing could happen. These people are sociopaths IMO and as such are extremely dangerous in the wrong situation. That is not to say, however, that I am rejecting your suggestions concerning their need to create fear and anxiety as part of a power fantasy. Thankyou for your posts.
Plath
Been Cautioned

Postby miffed » Fri May 30, 2008 9:32 am

And somehow those fears seem to transfer themselves into paranoia about the admin here. Ratonthebeam's experiences is a fine example how easy it is for people to associate something that stemmed from elsewhere to here.
miffed
On Parole

Postby bigmummy » Fri May 30, 2008 9:35 am

Is the vile thread about Carly the start of another bout of slagging us off personaly, disgusting
bigmummy
On Parole

Postby Plath » Fri May 30, 2008 9:37 am

I see your point miffed. I must admit that I too have fallen into that trap on more than one occasion. Fear is easy to create, and unfortunately once it takes hold it tends to self propagate.
Plath
Been Cautioned

Postby librarising » Fri May 30, 2008 9:41 am

Plath wrote:Am concerned however that there could be a crossover point where the 'juvenile' crosses from internet fantasy to actual re-enactment of the desire/dream or whatever you want to call it. If one is able sufficiently to correlate information, from many sources, one cannot rule out the possiblity that such a thing could happen. These people are sociopaths IMO and as such are extremely dangerous in the wrong situation.

I agree; I think that the more irrational/psychopathic criminal behaviour often starts this way. In this case though I suspect that the internet is actually satisfying the power urges. All the same I wouldn't like to think that little twerps like DB had my street address. Who's that in the rusty Micra over the road? - I might have to go out with a can of Flit or something.
Last edited by librarising on Fri May 30, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
librarising
Been Cautioned

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge/What are you talking about