Move it Mo But I need helds

Introduce yourself and have a general conversation. What are you talking about today?

Move it Mo But I need helds

Postby ponky » Wed May 28, 2008 9:33 pm

I've left the title, as I didn't write it like that :?
Copy from I.T as may be lost!!

Hope this is the right place!.
2 Q's
1. When I click on "view your posts" (mine) It seems to show threads visited but not posted on. When I look at someone elses, it appears correctly. In fact the whole format is different! my laptop

2. This is regarding my laptop. I type a sentence aofnd often part of it moves. See "the laptop" jumped to the paragraph above? Plus you'll see letters are mixed up. Normally I correct it, but have left for you to judge the problem.

It's a compaq, less than 6 mths old, and has started this madenning problem in the past week.
Thanks in advance for your comments, ponky.
ponky
First Time Offender

Re: Move it Mo But I need helds

Postby ratonthebeam » Wed May 28, 2008 9:45 pm

IMO your keyboard is fooked. Keyboards on laptops are quite delicate and often wear out. Maybe you just got a faulty one. One of the symptoms is that it writes different letters from the ones you typed, usually from the row above or below; e.g. if you type an 'h', it shows up as a 'y' or 'b.'

As it is still under guarantee I would take it right back to the shop. They may well spin you a story that you have to send it back to Compaq yourself or some xxxx, but that is not the case, your contract is with the shop and it is up to them to sort it out.

Replacing a keyboard on a laptop is an expensive business and not a job for the amateur! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" (Oscar Wilde)
"Oh wad some power, the giftie gie us, tae see oorsels, as ithers see us" (Rabbie Burns)
"Bonnie feathers dinna mak' bonnie birds" (My Gran)
ratonthebeam
Local Lag

Postby ponky » Wed May 28, 2008 10:25 pm

Thanks Rat :) :) :)
ponky
First Time Offender

Postby ratonthebeam » Wed May 28, 2008 11:16 pm

Ponky it's difficult to diagnose exactly without seeing it, but that seems the most obvious thing to me. I hope you can get it sorted!
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" (Oscar Wilde)
"Oh wad some power, the giftie gie us, tae see oorsels, as ithers see us" (Rabbie Burns)
"Bonnie feathers dinna mak' bonnie birds" (My Gran)
ratonthebeam
Local Lag

Postby marian » Thu May 29, 2008 9:08 am

Honestly ponky it seems like my computer at work.

It has developed a mind of its own, and when I look at global company e-mails, its fine, but when I send e-mails to colleagues and others (often which contain sensitive info) it appears on the global e-mails!

Get someone technical and professional to sort it. Damned annoying anyway.
"whoever she's with she'll be giving them their tuppenceworth"
marian
First Time Offender

Postby IsChildNeglectLegal » Fri May 30, 2008 12:14 pm

ratonthebeam wrote:IMO your keyboard is fooked. Keyboards on laptops are quite delicate and often wear out. Maybe you just got a faulty one. One of the symptoms is that it writes different letters from the ones you typed, usually from the row above or below; e.g. if you type an 'h', it shows up as a 'y' or 'b.'

As it is still under guarantee I would take it right back to the shop. They may well spin you a story that you have to send it back to Compaq yourself or some xxxx, but that is not the case, your contract is with the shop and it is up to them to sort it out.

Replacing a keyboard on a laptop is an expensive business and not a job for the amateur! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I beg to differ, replacing Keyboard is a piece of P*ss..usually sprise off Plastic Trim at top edge (may be held in by 2 Screws underneath) undo 2, 3 or 4 Screws holding KB in at top edge, lift clear & unplug Ribbon Cable, to replace simply reverse procedure...5 minute job at most. Wouldn't bother if it's under Guarantee though.
Pro McConn, excusing Child neglect since 3rd May 2007

Clarrie...if it's good enough for the PJ it's good enough for ME..get over yourself you are now't but a Pink Windbag !

"Use the Force"........the Police Force to lock the B*ggers up.
IsChildNeglectLegal
On Parole

Return to Lounge/What are you talking about