Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Introduce yourself and have a general conversation. What are you talking about today?

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby frencheuropean » Wed May 28, 2008 2:24 pm

Xenophobia is more often linked with the differences in education levels than with a country particularly.Educated people are not xenophobic because they have good knowledges in History.
frencheuropean
First Time Offender

Postby CaboFrio » Wed May 28, 2008 2:41 pm

Those people I ABUSED?. Sorry Cabo, you're stereotyping again. I'm more Native American/Scottish/English/French than anything. My ancestors didn't do that. Watching BBC America, ya'll don't look much different than we do. Why is it so funny to make fun of America? I've never made fun of any of ya'll. In fact I would love to visit over there, but seeing as how it looks like I wouldn't be very welcome, then maybe I'll just say screw it.

Morning Captain, I take it you've just got out of bed.

First let me offer you my sincerest apologies.

Not only are you a Yank, but with your pedigree I realise you have been dealt a truly awful hand. Like I say, sorry.

Thanks for acknowledging the Brits as the perpetrators of slavery in the Southern states of the USA; to be fair, the Abolition of the Slave Trade Act in 1807 did see the trade stopped (although William Wilberforce, the MP who pushed through the Act was from Hull, so knew all about living in wretched conditions). The Americans took up the idea 50 years later.

As far as the visit is concerned, hang on until the dollar hardens.

At the moment they just tear you notes in half, give you back the half with the picture of Abe Lincoln, and say have a nice day.
CaboFrio
On Parole

Postby jdomino » Wed May 28, 2008 2:55 pm

England "is one of the countries where the cooperation with foreign authorities is worst", the source detailed. Through the international channels, the PJ could still use an international arrest warrant against the friends.

If THAT isn't based on an intrinsic xenophobia against other (less powerful/smaller?) countries, I don't know what is.

If the Portuguese want to arrest anyone in this country they should do so with the acceptance from the British that it is indeed justified!
Johnny Domino OBE (Ordered Out of the British Empire!)
jdomino
Been Cautioned

Postby CaboFrio » Wed May 28, 2008 3:04 pm

jdomino wrote:England "is one of the countries where the cooperation with foreign authorities is worst", the source detailed. Through the international channels, the PJ could still use an international arrest warrant against the friends.

If THAT isn't based on an intrinsic xenophobia against other (less powerful/smaller?) countries, I don't know what is.

If the Portuguese want to arrest anyone in this country they should do so with the acceptance from the British that it is indeed justified!

Either that or we could stop buying tins of sardines from Sainsbury's. What do you think.
CaboFrio
On Parole

Postby jdomino » Wed May 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Thats gonna be tough, I've already given up pink salmon (and so has the cat!).
Johnny Domino OBE (Ordered Out of the British Empire!)
jdomino
Been Cautioned

Postby Pam » Thu May 29, 2008 12:42 am

CaboFrio wrote:Not only are you a Yank, but with your pedigree I realise you have been dealt a truly awful hand. Like I say, sorry.
\

For God's sake, someone's PEDIGREE?

Damn, I used to look for your posts. I thought you were being playful and fun. The whole time you were being a snob.

Well, it is clear... Cabo is of pure breed! All praise Cabo. When you were born did you get pedigree certificate, like dogs do?

My family immigrated from Ireland, England, and Germany. How is my pedigree? Too mixed?

YOu really showed your colors with that statement.

Bless your heart, sugar. :mrgreen:
Pam
Been Cautioned

Postby blossom » Thu May 29, 2008 2:40 am

Just caught up to this thread.

Cabo why are you so anti-American? You're entitled to your opinion of course.

I've travelled a lot in America and i loved it and the people warm and friendly.

Have you ever read 'Burma Days' by George Orwell or 'the Jewel in the Crown' or considered the outrageous arrogance and snobbishness of the english in waltzing into other countries and using their native peoples as servants and taking over their countries?

I can't stand the english class system and superior attitude, but i also can't stand stereotyping so i am sure there are a few people in your country who don't look down their noses at other 'inferior' beings who are not the 'Great British'.

Also, seriously, America is the most generous country in the world. You will probably say they are the richest but that is irrelevant. They are always the first to step up to the plate with millions of dollars for other countries in any crisis.
blossom
Local Lag

Postby anne14 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:05 am

Pam wrote:
CaboFrio wrote:Not only are you a Yank, but with your pedigree I realise you have been dealt a truly awful hand. Like I say, sorry.
\

Damn, I used to look for your posts. I thought you were being playful and fun. The whole time you were being a snob.

Well, it is clear... Cabo is of pure breed! All praise Cabo. When you were born did you get pedigree certificate, like dogs do?

My family immigrated from Ireland, England, and Germany. How is my pedigree? Too mixed?

Well said Pam,

And welcome to the old Europe :lol: ,

I am a mixure of French and Spanish, and married to an English.

What an horror for the British upper class sense of Pedigree ! :alien:

Especially the french part :mrgreen: .
anne14
Been Cautioned

Postby blossom » Thu May 29, 2008 5:53 pm

anne14 wrote:
Pam wrote:
\

Well said Pam,

And welcome to the old Europe :lol: ,

I am a mixure of French and Spanish, and married to an English.

What an horror for the British upper class sense of Pedigree ! :alien:

Especially the french part :mrgreen: .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My children's biological father is half Indian. What a horror on the 'Pedigree' charts!!
blossom
Local Lag

Postby Pam » Thu May 29, 2008 7:27 pm

Thanks Anne14 and Blossom.

Yes, it is clear. We are all just hideous mix-breeds. :mrgreen:
Pam
Been Cautioned

Postby Brit Abroad » Thu May 29, 2008 8:26 pm

Pam wrote:Thanks Anne14 and Blossom.

Yes, it is clear. We are all just hideous mix-breeds. :mrgreen:

Indeed we Brits come in various breed mixes! My own great-grandparents were Welsh, Irish, English and French. Not a drop of 'blue blood' to be found yet, though! :lol:
Clarence Mitchell said: "... legally speaking everything they were doing that week was well within the bounds of responsible parenting."
Brit Abroad
First Time Offender

Postby anne14 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:50 pm

Well, today I have been thinking about this pedigree thing, maybe it is not so bad actually ...

Does anyone know if one can buy it ? a bit like a nobility title ?

And is it really incompatible with mix-breeds ?

I have been told that mix-breeds is good for the health,

but eh if we can have both, why not ?

:D
anne14
Been Cautioned

Postby Brit Abroad » Thu May 29, 2008 8:55 pm

anne14 wrote:Well, today I have been thinking about this pedigree thing, maybe it is not so bad actually ...

Does anyone know if one can buy it ? a bit like a nobility title ?

And is it really incompatible with mix-breeds ?

I have been told that mix-breeds is good for the health,

but eh if we can have both, why not ?

:D

Far healthier to come from a wide gene pool, Anne14 - I'd rather be a Heinz57 anyday! :wink:
Clarence Mitchell said: "... legally speaking everything they were doing that week was well within the bounds of responsible parenting."
Brit Abroad
First Time Offender

Postby fedrules » Thu May 29, 2008 8:58 pm

[quote][/quote]There is no news of Madeleine McCann. But the papers continue to report without any need to inform or educate, to spread the fear and compete to show which of them cares the most'

Excellent summary of the papers' initial reaction to this case and so tiresomely predictable. :roll: The police are criticised for having no clue as to what had happened to Maddie just days after her disappearance, as if the UK would have already had the case done and dusted in the same time span..The same papers will be happy to dish the dirt on the MCs if they are ever charged..
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby anne14 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Yes, my thoughts too, Brit Abroad :mrgreen:
anne14
Been Cautioned

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge/What are you talking about