Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Introduce yourself and have a general conversation. What are you talking about today?

Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby jdomino » Fri May 23, 2008 10:22 am

Remember this our Portuguese friends?

"WE HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE," says the Sun's front page. The paper quotes Chief Inspector Oligario Sousa: "We have examined many leads, but each has now been discontinued. Everything that we have looked at so far has been discounted."

At least this is what Sousa is telling the Sun. The Portuguese police have not involved the British press in all aspects of the hunt for Madeleine McCann. Sousa is not a recognisable face to British readers and TV watchers from press conferences. The E-fit picture of Madeleine was not made available to the Sun.

So instead of the Sun saying how tireless Portuguese police work is, by a process of elimination, moving ever closer to solving the mystery, readers get an altogether less positive headline.

The message is that the Portuguese police haven't a clue, and this despite the McCanns thanking them for their hard work. And this in light of what the Mirror calls an "official news blackout".

What will get results is the Sun's poster, which it tells us is "a big hit". The poster is "flying around the globe". Thanks to the Sun, 15,000 posters of Madeleine's face were handed out at Saturday's Celtic v Aberdeen football match.

"Maddie cops are back to square one," says the Sun. Although they are not. The Portuguese police have ruled out suspects and possibilities.

But no matter, because the Sun will crack the case. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or at least spread the anxiety, remind people that a girl has gone missing and that it could have been your child.

But the Sun is not alone. Here's Tony Parsons in the Mirror. He has lost sight of his child:

"My wife and my daughter were in the school changing room packing up the tutu after ballet. I was waiting right outside, kicking around a ball with the kid brother of one of my daughter's friends. Eventually my wife came out alone. 'Where is she?' my wife asked. 'Isn't she with you?' I said. And that's how it happens."

Parsons' child was found in a classroom. She was "chilling out". Nearly all children are found. The theft of a child is extremely rare.

Parsons is a victim of the anxiety of what is routinely called "every parent's worst nightmare", and he is helping to spread the virus of fear.

Meanwhile, away from Parson's ballet trauma and a football match in Scotland, the Mirror leads with yet another picture of Madeleine McCann's parents. More time for readers to see the strain "etched" on their faces. "PRAY FOR MADELEINE," says the Mirror's masthead.

There is no news of Madeleine McCann. But the papers continue to report without any need to inform or educate, to spread the fear and compete to show which of them cares the most


Now is the time to make them all eat their words with raw sardines! :bounce:
Johnny Domino OBE (Ordered Out of the British Empire!)
User avatar
jdomino
Been Cautioned
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:01 am

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby CaboFrio » Fri May 23, 2008 10:30 am

These are the first real pieces of investigative journalism the Sun has ever come up with.

By the Law of Averages they were bound to get something right one day.

Three hour lunches or not, how long does it take to fit someone up in Portugal?

If The Met Boys can do it in a matter of days, why can't they?
User avatar
CaboFrio
On Parole
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby marian » Fri May 23, 2008 11:04 am

What have you done with Lucien? I believe you are guilty of murdering him and concealing him somewhere Cabot Frio.

He has been missing and you are the one who pisses everyone off and have been run off more than one thread with your ridiculous, ludicrous humour and now you're insulting the police.

If Lucien doesn't appear soon I will alert the authorities of SW3 and you will be nicked. Its more than a tube of Ralgex for you. That is in a Ruth from Sunhill accent.
"whoever she's with she'll be giving them their tuppenceworth"
User avatar
marian
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby CaboFrio » Fri May 23, 2008 11:41 am

marian wrote:What have you done with Lucien? I believe you are guilty of murdering him and concealing him somewhere Cabot Frio.

He has been missing and you are the one who pisses everyone off and have been run off more than one thread with your ridiculous, ludicrous humour and now you're insulting the police.

If Lucien doesn't appear soon I will alert the authorities of SW3 and you will be nicked. Its more than a tube of Ralgex for you. That is in a Ruth from Sunhill accent.

The word out on the mean streets of Kensington and Chelsea is that he in Florida. Perhaps thay do not have computers or broadband down there. If I know the Yanks, they are too busy eating copious amounts of monosodium glutamate to be bothered with technology.

Perhaps that Ralgex prank was taking things a bit too far; but you have to admit, he asked for it.

I suppose he will be back in the next couple of weeks with his - "We aRe TO APPeAR ON Tv ToMoRRoW NiGHT = FACT" bollocks.

Cabo
User avatar
CaboFrio
On Parole
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri May 23, 2008 12:04 pm

CaboFrio wrote:Three hour lunches or not, how long does it take to fit someone up in Portugal?

CaboFrio wrote:If I know the Yanks, they are too busy eating copious amounts of monosodium glutamate to be bothered with technology.

Well, you obviously know stereotypes. Unfortunately, you don't know wit and humor. I would try to get acquainted with them, if I were you.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
User avatar
MoeSzyslak
On Parole
 
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:14 pm
Location: Moe's Tavern, Springfield

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby CaboFrio » Fri May 23, 2008 12:23 pm

MoeSzyslak wrote:
CaboFrio wrote:Three hour lunches or not, how long does it take to fit someone up in Portugal?

CaboFrio wrote:If I know the Yanks, they are too busy eating copious amounts of monosodium glutamate to be bothered with technology.

Well, you obviously know stereotypes. Unfortunately, you don't know wit and humor. I would try to get acquainted with them, if I were you.

Stereotypes?

Moe, evidently you have never had the misfortune of travelling on a Greyhound from Baton Rouge to San Antonio? The average weight of each passenger must have been at least 23 stone, no wonder the driver got pulled over as we crossed the State line by the Police. In their opinion the bus was not safe to proceed. The coachwork was rubbing on the tyres.

The pest control guy got on the bus and asked if anyone was carrying fruits or vegetables. The kid across the aisle from me asked his mum what a fruit was; she told him it was some kind of cockroach!

Don't talk to me about Stereotypes!
User avatar
CaboFrio
On Parole
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby blossom » Fri May 23, 2008 3:25 pm

Sorry Cabo - you obviously havn't been on an Australian cruise ship, loaded with loads of Aussies (literally) - by your logic the ship should have sunk, or visited Germany or tried to find fruits & vegetables on any menu in Scotland (which may explain Auntie Phill) - you'll find people the size of haystacks in every country including the U.K.

and btw i'm not American or fat and neither are my children.
Last edited by blossom on Fri May 23, 2008 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blossom
Local Lag
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:27 pm

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby CaptnMorgan » Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 pm

:lol:
CaboFrio wrote:
MoeSzyslak wrote:
CaboFrio wrote:Three hour lunches or not, how long does it take to fit someone up in Portugal?

CaboFrio wrote:If I know the Yanks, they are too busy eating copious amounts of monosodium glutamate to be bothered with technology.

Well, you obviously know stereotypes. Unfortunately, you don't know wit and humor. I would try to get acquainted with them, if I were you.

Stereotypes?

Moe, evidently you have never had the misfortune of travelling on a Greyhound from Baton Rouge to San Antonio? The average weight of each passenger must have been at least 23 stone, no wonder the driver got pulled over as we crossed the State line by the Police. In their opinion the bus was not safe to proceed. The coachwork was rubbing on the tyres.

The pest control guy got on the bus and asked if anyone was carrying fruits or vegetables. The kid across the aisle from me asked his mum what a fruit was; she told him it was some kind of cockroach!

Don't talk to me about Stereotypes!


I take offense to that Cabo. You're not being very funny today to put it in a nice way. I'm sure my Cajun neighbors would take offense as well. All large commercial vehicles are stopped at the state line to weigh because the bridge weight limits are different state to state. Sorry you had the misfortune to travel with a group of weight challenged people, but it's hardly fair to say that all Americans are addicted to MSG and our children don't know what fruit is.

Why don't you go take a humor pill and get your humor back because today YOU AREN'T FUNNY!

Edited to say that the yanks live in the northeast not in the south or Texas. So there you go again stereotyping all Americans as yanks!!
Image
Justice for Madeleine
User avatar
CaptnMorgan
Moderator
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:04 pm
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby CaboFrio » Wed May 28, 2008 10:35 am

CaptnMorgan wrote::lol:
CaboFrio wrote:
MoeSzyslak wrote:
CaboFrio wrote:Three hour lunches or not, how long does it take to fit someone up in Portugal?

CaboFrio wrote:If I know the Yanks, they are too busy eating copious amounts of monosodium glutamate to be bothered with technology.

Well, you obviously know stereotypes. Unfortunately, you don't know wit and humor. I would try to get acquainted with them, if I were you.

Stereotypes?

Moe, evidently you have never had the misfortune of travelling on a Greyhound from Baton Rouge to San Antonio? The average weight of each passenger must have been at least 23 stone, no wonder the driver got pulled over as we crossed the State line by the Police. In their opinion the bus was not safe to proceed. The coachwork was rubbing on the tyres.

The pest control guy got on the bus and asked if anyone was carrying fruits or vegetables. The kid across the aisle from me asked his mum what a fruit was; she told him it was some kind of cockroach!

Don't talk to me about Stereotypes!


I take offense to that Cabo. You're not being very funny today to put it in a nice way. I'm sure my Cajun neighbors would take offense as well. All large commercial vehicles are stopped at the state line to weigh because the bridge weight limits are different state to state. Sorry you had the misfortune to travel with a group of weight challenged people, but it's hardly fair to say that all Americans are addicted to MSG and our children don't know what fruit is.

Why don't you go take a humor pill and get your humor back because today YOU AREN'T FUNNY!

Edited to say that the yanks live in the northeast not in the south or Texas. So there you go again stereotyping all Americans as yanks!!

Bl├│ody hell, I nearly missed this one.

Captain, me, not funny? I think you must be talking about the 1,098 episodes of Friends that the USA subjected the world at large to watch.

Cajun neighbours? Do you mean those poor people that you abused for over a 100 years? (If you are talking about the French, then that's OK, they had it coming to them)

Sorry Captain, but I've visited the States and know that only foreigners are slim enough to pass each other on the Paseo del Rio, and not have to pop into the doorway of a cafe in order to squeeze pass each other.

We have fat folk over here in the UK, I put it down to their glands; nothing to do with the KFC Spicy Wings Bucket or the Double Whopper with Cheese.

Captain, it's time to stand up and be counted: ask not what your country can eat for you - ask what you can eat for your country.

Remember The Alamo - Closed: Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
User avatar
CaboFrio
On Parole
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby marian » Wed May 28, 2008 10:47 am

Dear Each, my OH and I did a coast to coast drive in the US Starting in
Arizona and ending in Myrtle beach.

Apart from the charm of the southern states and deep south, we went to help in the Hurricane katrina disaster, afterwards. New Orleans was a joy and a beautiful place, No stereotypes until the looting began. Loved Richmond, The Carolinas, and the whole East coast thang.


One concierge at our hotel asked if we were from Scotland England and told us Rob Roy the Bruce was a real mean guy. Right you are then.
"whoever she's with she'll be giving them their tuppenceworth"
User avatar
marian
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby CaboFrio » Wed May 28, 2008 11:23 am

marian wrote:Dear Each, my OH and I did a coast to coast drive in the US Starting in
Arizona and ending in Myrtle beach.

Apart from the charm of the southern states and deep south, we went to help in the Hurricane katrina disaster, afterwards. New Orleans was a joy and a beautiful place, No stereotypes until the looting began. Loved Richmond, The Carolinas, and the whole East coast thang.


One concierge at our hotel asked if we were from Scotland England and told us Rob Roy the Bruce was a real mean guy. Right you are then.

Did you manage to get the hire car back in one piece.

Any Yanks out there; please don't take offence at my spelling of offense.

Just that my neighbors are under the impression that they are my neighbours.

Xenophobia! - I think not.
User avatar
CaboFrio
On Parole
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby marian » Wed May 28, 2008 11:33 am

Erm no funny you should ask that it broke down on the Hoover Damn road and we were rescued by a long distance lorry driver from Hoboken, who sang stupid Kris Kristofferson songs all the way.

Damn these people who make stereotypes of lonely truckdrivers. Not true he was extremely kind.

Still loved the Eastern States though. The fags were dirt cheap.
"whoever she's with she'll be giving them their tuppenceworth"
User avatar
marian
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby CaboFrio » Wed May 28, 2008 11:44 am

marian wrote:Erm no funny you should ask that it broke down on the Hoover Damn road and we were rescued by a long distance lorry driver from Hoboken, who sang stupid Kris Kristofferson songs all the way.

Damn these people who make stereotypes of lonely truckdrivers. Not true he was extremely kind.

Still loved the Eastern States though. The fags were dirt cheap.


Do thse words sound familiar:

Good morning America how are you?
Don't you know me I'm your native son,
I'm the train they call The City of New Orleans,
I'll be gone five hundred miles when the day is done.

Yes, it's a bit of a dirge, but the Yanks seem to like it.

Glad to hear you had some success with the Rent Boys.
User avatar
CaboFrio
On Parole
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby Tripz » Wed May 28, 2008 12:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
User avatar
Tripz
Lifer
 
Posts: 5311
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: MAGIK ROUNDABOUT

Re: Time to retaliate against British Xenophobia!

Postby CaptnMorgan » Wed May 28, 2008 2:11 pm

CaboFrio wrote:
CaptnMorgan wrote::lol:
CaboFrio wrote:
MoeSzyslak wrote:
CaboFrio wrote:Three hour lunches or not, how long does it take to fit someone up in Portugal?

CaboFrio wrote:If I know the Yanks, they are too busy eating copious amounts of monosodium glutamate to be bothered with technology.

Well, you obviously know stereotypes. Unfortunately, you don't know wit and humor. I would try to get acquainted with them, if I were you.

Stereotypes?

Moe, evidently you have never had the misfortune of travelling on a Greyhound from Baton Rouge to San Antonio? The average weight of each passenger must have been at least 23 stone, no wonder the driver got pulled over as we crossed the State line by the Police. In their opinion the bus was not safe to proceed. The coachwork was rubbing on the tyres.

The pest control guy got on the bus and asked if anyone was carrying fruits or vegetables. The kid across the aisle from me asked his mum what a fruit was; she told him it was some kind of cockroach!

Don't talk to me about Stereotypes!


I take offense to that Cabo. You're not being very funny today to put it in a nice way. I'm sure my Cajun neighbors would take offense as well. All large commercial vehicles are stopped at the state line to weigh because the bridge weight limits are different state to state. Sorry you had the misfortune to travel with a group of weight challenged people, but it's hardly fair to say that all Americans are addicted to MSG and our children don't know what fruit is.

Why don't you go take a humor pill and get your humor back because today YOU AREN'T FUNNY!

Edited to say that the yanks live in the northeast not in the south or Texas. So there you go again stereotyping all Americans as yanks!!

Bl├│ody hell, I nearly missed this one.

Captain, me, not funny? I think you must be talking about the 1,098 episodes of Friends that the USA subjected the world at large to watch.

Cajun neighbours? Do you mean those poor people that you abused for over a 100 years? (If you are talking about the French, then that's OK, they had it coming to them)

Sorry Captain, but I've visited the States and know that only foreigners are slim enough to pass each other on the Paseo del Rio, and not have to pop into the doorway of a cafe in order to squeeze pass each other.

We have fat folk over here in the UK, I put it down to their glands; nothing to do with the KFC Spicy Wings Bucket or the Double Whopper with Cheese.

Captain, it's time to stand up and be counted: ask not what your country can eat for you - ask what you can eat for your country.

Remember The Alamo - Closed: Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Those people I ABUSED?. Sorry Cabo, you're stereotyping again. I'm more Native American/Scottish/English/French than anything. My ancestors didn't do that. Watching BBC America, ya'll don't look much different than we do. Why is it so funny to make fun of America? I've never made fun of any of ya'll. In fact I would love to visit over there, but seeing as how it looks like I wouldn't be very welcome, then maybe I'll just say screw it.
Image
Justice for Madeleine
User avatar
CaptnMorgan
Moderator
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:04 pm
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

Next

Return to Lounge/What are you talking about

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
cron