And i waited...and i waited...and im still waiting!!

Introduce yourself and have a general conversation. What are you talking about today?

And i waited...and i waited...and im still waiting!!

Postby Clarisa » Mon May 12, 2008 4:49 pm

God am i angry.

I purchased 2 items at comet neally £800.00 and were supposed to be delivered today.

So i took a day off.

And i waited......and waited....!!

It is now 5.45pm...and im still waiting...!!!

Where are they!!

Shall i tell you where they are....

IN THE FCKING WHAREHOUSE....!!

Am i angry after waiting ALL DAY...UNPAID...what do you think!!

So, im off to the shop to tell them..TO STICK THE ITEMS UP WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE...and i want a refund!!

The poor little sales assistant WONT know whats hit him when i get there and believe me...WORDS WILL COME OUT OFF MY MOUTH THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR HAIR CURL!!!

Ahhh....hes just rang me and guess what...'i forgot to tell you madam, if you order an item AFTER 12pm you wont get it the next day but the day ater that'.

So i said....'but it was a sunday, and you opened at 11am and i got there at 11.15am i cudnt care less if you put the order in AFTER 12, not my problem' i was in the shop BEFORE 12!!

God it makes me want to spit!!

But madam he said we will give you FREE delivery, to which i replied...I JUST SPENT FCKING £800 iI SHOULD OFF GOT FREE DELIVERY ANYWAY!!

GOT A MIGRANE NOW!
Clarisa
Been Cautioned

Re: And i waited...and i waited...and im still waiting!!

Postby nurgis » Mon May 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Hear you and feel your pain :(
NO more ice please and justice for Maddie
nurgis
Local Lag

Postby dogrose » Mon May 12, 2008 5:25 pm

I feel your pain too....we waited on wednesday last week (not comet). no delivery phoned the courier office. it was closed...next day the item was found...in Nottingham. only about 300 miles out! easy mistake NOT!!! next day checked online tracking..."unable to deliver due to access problems" ...just as I was gearing myself up for another angry phone call...door bell!
dogrose
On Parole

Postby Clarisa » Mon May 12, 2008 5:32 pm

dogrose wrote:I feel your pain too....we waited on wednesday last week (not comet). no delivery phoned the courier office. it was closed...next day the item was found...in Nottingham. only about 300 miles out! easy mistake NOT!!! next day checked online tracking..."unable to deliver due to access problems" ...just as I was gearing myself up for another angry phone call...door bell!

The thing is we put up with these things, they pass the buck and before you know it you say SOD IT, cant be bothered to argue anymore just deliver it when you like!!!

I wont put up with it, know way.

I spent all that money and expect a decent service, if not, i will take it elsewhere.

I sent my PARTNER to the shop lol, hes better at complaining than me!

Update.....the sales person who took my order DIDNT put the order in till...wait for it, this will make you chuckle...3pm TODAY!!!!!!!

Cant deliver them till WEDNESDAY.!!!

But.....I GOT MONEY OFF A NEW LAPTOP.................YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Clarisa
Been Cautioned

Postby Leaser » Mon May 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Forward a bill equivalent to one day's wages, being your expenses for their wasting your time.

Send it to the CEO or Chairman, marked personal .....

That should get a response!
Unfortunately democracy cannot function without a free press

I doubt we will see ...... Justice for Madeline
Leaser
On Parole

Postby chimaera » Mon May 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Leaser wrote:Forward a bill equivalent to one day's wages, being your expenses for their wasting your time.

Send it to the CEO or Chairman, marked personal .....

That should get a response!

I did this when the gas man was supposed to cometh and didn't. I got the money from them!
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby Leaser » Mon May 12, 2008 6:24 pm

Yes, you could also give some tips, ... like the need for staff training to ensure such things don't happen again, and customer satisfaction/feed back !
Unfortunately democracy cannot function without a free press

I doubt we will see ...... Justice for Madeline
Leaser
On Parole

Postby IsChildNeglectLegal » Mon May 12, 2008 8:53 pm

If your old Appliances are being collected, clean them out or I'll talk gossip about you.. :lol:

We have the contract for disposing of all their waste Electrical Appliances & you wouldn't believe the state some of the kit comes in like... :shock: I would be ashamed to put it in the Skip at midnight on a moonless night. :oops:
Pro McConn, excusing Child neglect since 3rd May 2007

Clarrie...if it's good enough for the PJ it's good enough for ME..get over yourself you are now't but a Pink Windbag !

"Use the Force"........the Police Force to lock the B*ggers up.
IsChildNeglectLegal
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Mon May 12, 2008 10:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: We ordered some pine furniture for living room...last October 07...We we got 3 of the 5 pieces before Xmas...Excellent you think...arhh! The other two bits will be in the warehouse by January 08...OK :roll:

The guy in the store says the reason for the delay is the furniture comes from...You guessed it good old China [is everything now made in China?]..What happen to Scandinavia pine? have we used it all...Anyway back to the story...Jan 08 came and went still NO furniture..Hmmm the excuse assistant goes on sorry trouble at the docks...blah blah bl.....anyway new date February 08... :x :roll:

February comes and goes...and you know it...still NO b1oody furniture... :evil:
The excuse for c*** delivery guy says it will defiantly be here my the beginning of March 08...I almost felt like I was at a pantomime...to here those immortal words '' Oh no it won't''....
Anyway come the start of March...Huuuuurrrrayyyyyy :bounce: ...The furniture is in store....Now you would have thought 6mths nearly waiting on this...The company would have had least delivered it...Oh NO!!! :evil:
FREE!!!
Did the heck we had to driver about 25 miles round trip to put the stuff in the boot...the guy never even apologised... :x ..suffice to say we won't be frequenting that store any time soon... :evil: :roll:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby ponky » Tue May 27, 2008 11:32 am

Engineer came out to my broken maytag fridge /freezer Oct.2007. He said would go and order part.

He came back this morning and fitted it :roll: :roll:
ponky
First Time Offender

Postby Dumptruck » Tue May 27, 2008 1:08 pm

OH-MY-GOD!!! :shock:

Now, I'm scared. Hubby is picking up an oven from Comet today (he refused to pay the, and I quote, "%$$^&ing £50 delivery fee to the money ^&*%ing $%^£ards"), he'll be spitting Comet assistants this afternoon if it isn't in - :shock:

Sorry, I forgot, 'and they can stick their %^&$ing warranty con up their ^£$%ing @rses!'
"...someone would come and stay with kate, she was never alone with the children.."
Dumptruck
Suspect

Postby Torti » Tue May 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Where I live, delivery is just as chancey, but I've learned to take what is in the store and fetch it home myself, even if I have to go to a local warehouse. I borrow a large delivery truck from my ex-husband (it has a lift gate and can hold about six pool tables at once, plus some smaller bits). Then I fetch the purchases home and ask a neighbor to help get it off the truck and into place. I'm fetching a garden shed today or tomorrow, already assembled, so easy to do.
"Cat: One hell of a nice animal frequently mistaken for a meatloaf."--B. Kliban
Torti
Suspect

Postby DaughtersofEriN » Tue May 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Clarisa, I believe, and I could be wrong, that you can claim for a loss of any income. I know the Gas board and such like now have to offer compo to you if they dont come when they say they will.
Failing that, a call to the local paper usually does the trick-companies are very concious about bad publicity.
Good luck!!
YOU CANNOT SEARCH FOR THAT WHICH IS NOT LOST.
DaughtersofEriN
New In Town

Postby PantsOfGanga » Tue May 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Large items - If I have to order it from a 'warehouse' and wait for it to be delivered, it doesn't get purchased.

Small items really depends on who I'm ordering it from and who they use as a courier. Basically if they use anybody but Royal Mail, I skip it. And then it's only because the depot is a mile away and I can go and get it because they wait until I'm on the bog or have nipped out out for 5 minutes. They're useless, but everyone else is diabolically hopeless.

I learned my lesson after chasing a f*cking hard drive that Amtrak said they'd tried to deliver twice but hadn't as I'd been in all that week. I ended up getting a friend to take me on a 25 mile round trip to the depot, who then preceded to try to refuse to hand it over as in my rage I'd forgotten to bring I.D. I wouldn't leave until they handed it over, though I did use reasoning rhather than lamping the receptionist one, though I was tempted. And then there was the time the road was up at the front and the gormless APC delivery lad kept taking a short cut down a side street and telling head office the address didn't exist - I e-mailed them a map with big writing on it and an x marks the spot like you would for a 3 year old doing a treasure hunt. It arrived the next day with a sheepish and apologetic delivery driver.

I did risk ordering a TV on the internet and I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived on time the first time. But they were only 8 miles away and used their own delivery van. The big national stores really couldn't give a stuff if they mess it up.
Thought for the day: Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
PantsOfGanga
On Parole

Postby ponky » Tue May 27, 2008 2:54 pm

All my large kitchen appliances seemed to need replacing all at same time.

I researched and then ordered from various appliance warehouses on the net. No probs at all.

Two high st chains I would thoroughly recommend. Dfs, their sofas and service first rate, and good old John Lewis/Waitrose.
Voted the nation's favourite store.
This business with Currys etc who charge for delivery. How else do they think we can carry home an American fridge/freezer??
ponky
First Time Offender

Next

Return to Lounge/What are you talking about