ZEITGEIST EPISODE 1: THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD

Sciences, Space Exploration, Cosmic Charts and Horoscpoes. Did Man really walk on the moon? Everything you need to know and more.

ZEITGEIST EPISODE 1: THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD

Postby Tripz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:07 pm

26mins
Zeitgeist seeks to persuade its viewers that the authors of the New Testament borrowed the idea of Jesus' virgin birth, disciples, miracles, crucifixion, and resurrection from ancient pagan mystery religions that were around long before the time of Christ.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4647521129

The Christian religion is a parody of the worship of the Sun, in which they put a man called Jesus in the place of the Sun, and pay him the adoration orginally payed to the Sun.
Thomas Payne

"Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery"
Robert G Ingersoll
Last edited by Tripz on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Re: ZEITGEIST EPISODE 1: THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD

Postby MoeSzyslak » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:23 pm

I think that's correct to a degree. I think the NT is a mix of myth and fact. I think there is a lot of support for paganism and earlier religions being used in the NT, slightly altered. Don't mean to offend anyone, though.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby MoeSzyslak » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:30 pm

Tripz, this is a great page:

http://www.pocm.info/getting_started_pocm.html

Check out this side by side pic of Isis, and Mary:

I think I have stated before on here, that I think Jesus was a real, historical, person. I still do. But, I don't believe in him being supernatural, as he is in the Bible. I think he was a man with good ideas about how to be a decent person, and he then had all of these paranormal properties ascribed to him, in years since in the Bible.

I'm hesitant to discuss religion most of the time, since I don't wish to hurt anyone's feelings. It's so personal. Even if I'm not bothered by it, I worry that I might upset someone else. :)

ETA:

Tom Paine was the man. Too bad no one knows where his grave lies now.
"Paine died at 59 Grove Street in Greenwich Village, New York City, on the morning of June 8, 1809. He was 72. His burial site is located in New Rochelle, New York where he had lived after returning to America in 1802. His remains were later disinterred by an admirer looking to return them to England however; his final resting place today is unknown."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Paine
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:19 pm

I would agree that there were probable many men named Ben yeshua roaming the countryside of that region during this epoch preaching cultist fantasies. What is in question is the evidence of a "Historical jesus" characterized in the bible.
The bible is only a diary/journal based on observations and the moving constellations of the stars through the year. The evidence of any omnigod personified is myth. Refer to the other forum for more details on the lack of any godman named jesus [yeshua].

What is relevant in this short doc. is the precession of the "New Age" of Aquarius..Some call this new age the age of enlightenment, whereas the age of Pisces was based wholly on WAR, HATE, & EXPLOITATION, the new age will be heralded for SCIENCE PEACE & PROGRESS for humanity.. :D
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Tripz » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:38 pm

JUST FOR YOU ARBITER... :wink:

The mythical Messiah was Horus in the Osirian Mythos; Har-Khuti in the Sut-Typhonian; Khunsu in that of Amen-Ra; Iu in the cult of Atum-Ra; and the Christ of the Gospels is an amalgam of all these characters.

The Christ is the Good Shepherd!

So was Horus.

Christ is the Lamb of God!

So was Horus.

Christ is the Bread of Life!

So was Horus.

Christ is the Truth and the Life!

So was Horus.

Christ is the Fan-bearer!

So was Horus.

Christ is the Lord!

So was Horus.

Christ is the Way and the Door of Life!

Horus was the path by which they travelled out of the Sepulchre. He is the God whose name is written with the hieroglyphic sign of the Road or Way.
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby LA Lady » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:13 am

Arbiter, I noted in the Easter thread of Tripz's that you stated....'the Egyptians did not baptize anyone. That term is obviously Christian...'

I would like to point out to you, if I may, that ritual cleansing had been carried out for thousands of years prior to Christianity. The person who later became known as Jesus Christ and John the Baptist were not Christians. They were Jewish. They belonged to the Essenes who were a Jewish sect who were considered ritually pure and very devout. They purified themselves with water a few times a day, were vegetarians, were chaste for most days of the years - although they were permitted to be married - and practised what they preached very strictly. They were of the true priestly line of Judea. Christianity did not come into being until many years after the death of the person known as Jesus Christ. Christians later adopted a form of ritual cleansing which we know today as baptism. You can find out a lot about this if you want to.
George Orwell - a visionary
LA Lady
Local Lag

Postby Tripz » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:58 am

Good Morning LA Lady :)

I believe the main bone of contention here is the issue of Horus and the assumption he never had 12 disciples/followers, this is what Arbiter is saying. What this topic as to do with Easter and the thread of why he brought this contentious issue up is unclear. But I've asked him to debate in this thread. :wink:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Tripz » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:19 pm

The death and resurrection of the sun god have astrotheological meaning, signifying the waxing and waning of the moon, which reflects the sun's light, as well as the daily rising and setting of the sun and the annual shortening and lengthening of the day. As part of his astrologically journey, Osiris "traverses the twelve sections of the Duat," and, as the sun god, Osiris has twelve companions--the Signs of the Zodiac." Thus, in the myth of Osiris is the great teaching god with the twelve disciples who dies and resurrects, millennia before the Christian era.

In the Sun-God Horus we see the dawn personified, and the triumphant conqueror of the shades of darkness and the demons of the underworld emerges in the glorious light of victory each morning. He was figured as the eldest son of Osiris, a strong and vigorous youth, who avenged his father by waging a successful war against the monster who had swallowed him up.

Horus is depicted in the inscriptions as sailing forth from the underworld up the eastern sky at dawn, piercing the great python, born of night, as he advances.

Like Jesus, Ra, Osiris and Horus all battle with Satan, i.e., Apep, Set or Typhon, as is typical of the God Sun, whose enemy is the "serpent" of night and darkness, the sun-devouring monster present in "nearly every mythology." In the Egyptian mythology, as in the Christian, Apep/Set is "thrown from his high estate" to become a devil. In addition, one of the several appellations of Horus was "Jaoai, which is also "Iaoai," essentially the same as "Iao," the Egyptian epithet adopted by Jews that became equated with "Yahweh." Also, one of Ra's daughters is named "Iousaas," which is intriguingly similar to "Joshua" and "Jesus" or Iasios, as was one form of the name in Greek.

Osiris, the sun and afterlife god, assumed the shape of a bull and carried his followers into the afterworld on his back. Furthermore, Osiris is "O-Sur-is," Sur meaning sun in Sanskrit and bull in Hebrew. As the Bull, Osiris is the sun in the Age of Taurus (c. 4400-2250 bce), which would make him date to at least that period, although it is claimed that he is 10,000 years old or more.

To this day, Egypt has consecrated the pregnancy of a virgin, and the nativity of her son, whom they annually present in a cradle, to the adoration of the people; and when king Ptolemy, three hundred and fifty years before our Christian era, demanded of the priests the significance of this religious ceremony, they told him it was a mystery.

Albert the Great, (1193?-1280) admitted:
We know that the sign of the celestial Virgin did come to the horizon at the moment where we have fixed the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. All the mysteries of the incarnation of our Saviour Christ; and all the circumstances of his marvellous life, from his conception to his ascension, are to be traced out in the constellations, and are figured in the stars.

What to me seems to have been translated by Zeitgeist is the Osiris account interwoven to the Horus story. I see this as not a deliberate or untenable proposition, in respect to them both being 'sun gods'. :wink:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby LA Lady » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:36 pm

Hello Tripz,

Ancient Egyptian stuff is fascinating to me - always has been for some reason, and the night sky - interested me before I started school :shock:

What day is set aside in the Christian religion for worship? Sunday. Sun - day. The sun is at the center of a circle divided into 12 for the astrological houses as you know, and we have our days divided into two sets of 12, so you have shown how the ancients viewed Ra as the central god with the 12 followers. Simple really.
LA Lady
Local Lag

Postby Tripz » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:15 pm

SIMPLE is the operative word. Religion/traditions and ceremonies are ALL in reverence to the SUN. There is NO big 'mystery' NO 'mystical revelation', it was ancient man understanding the Earth rotation around the SUN and the heavenly bodies positions [constellations] during this cycle.

What is without doubt is the manner man used this knowledge[pseudo-science] and manipulated it by using tyranny, in which to enslave and control the masses, and ultimately kill millions over the millennium's. It is now this epoch of enlightenment, that humankind are able to access and with the knowledge at their finger tips literally are now able to research & understand the religious dogma that as enslaved their mental state and for what. Praying to the SUN and control.
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby shoperoo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:43 pm

Amenhotep IV. (l350-1334 BC). (father of Tuthankhamun) is identified as the first "monotheist" worshipping his single god "Aten", the Sun. Aten, similar to the ancient Egyptian god "Ra".
He changed his name to Akenaten and led his people to form a new kingdom at Amarna- Like Moses eh??

During Akenaten's reign, Egypt's power significantly declined. When he died, his temples were destroyed and the old faith was restored. Among the few remains of his cult were hymns found written in the tombs of the proselytes at Amarna. The longest of these hymns to Aten is noted to be similar to the Psalm 104, written for the Bible hundreds of years later.

shoperoo
First Time Offender

Postby Tripz » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:48 pm

Evening shoperoo :) That is correct!

Monotheism of Islam where God is depicted as undifferentiated, eternal, unequaled, unbegotten, and in no way anthropomorphic (indeed, anthropomorphism - attributing human qualities to Allah - is considered blasphemous in Islam). :alien:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Arbiter » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:37 pm

Zeitgeist said Horis had twelve disciples.

Prove it.
Arbiter
On Parole

Postby LA Lady » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:27 pm

Arbiter wrote:Zeitgeist said Horis had twelve disciples.

Prove it.

Arbiter,

Horus/Ra/Amun represents the sun. Horus was the god of the sky. If you look at astrology charts you will find a circle divided into twelve parts. Each part is represented as an astrological sign e.g. Pisces, Aries etc.

'Disciple' means 'follower.' The sun is at the middle of our solar system and everything revolves around it in our solar system. Therefore the 12 disciples (followers) are the signs of the zodiac.

The original god and the 12 disciples. I hope you understand now?
LA Lady
Local Lag

Postby Tripz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:53 am

Arbiter wrote:Zeitgeist said Horis had twelve disciples.

Prove it.

Arbiter read my post. If you can't get your brain around my reply why not take it up with the producers of the film. :roll:

Horus/Isris/Ra are one of the same GOD SUN :D

Excellant summary from LA Lady.

so arbiter please tell me how you got on with Zeitgeist and their reply! :)
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Next

Return to Sciences - Space, Moon Landings - Astronomy - Astrology