Moon Landings

Sciences, Space Exploration, Cosmic Charts and Horoscpoes. Did Man really walk on the moon? Everything you need to know and more.

Moon Landings

Postby yeahbutno » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:54 am

A few years back, I remember watching a documentary about the "faked" moon landings, and for quite a long time I was absolutely convinced that they were indeed faked, and never happened in reality.

More recently, I saw another TV programme which de-bunked the theory, and left me feeling that the USA did in fact land on the moon in 1969 after all. :?

I must be honest and say I never really looked into it other than watching these TV shows, but I wondered if anyone here has examined the case in more detail, and if so, what conclusions you drew?
yeahbutno
New In Town

Re: Moon Landings

Postby Arbiter » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:18 am

I saw that TV documentary as well (I've seen several in fact), I've looked into it and it's bogus.

The faked Moon landing theory is a complete load of rubbish.

It's all been debunked, and this time the debunking stands up.

Absolutely no doubt on my part that the Americans went to the Moon.

The 'Bad Astronomy' web site is a good place to start.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Not all conspiracy theories are real.
Arbiter
On Parole

Postby parus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:39 pm

USSR took active part in "moon race" at those years and had enough hardware to detect falsification. If to suppose it was a fake, the World had to know about it from russians first :!:
All the best in the life is or illegal, or amoral or leads to obesity...
parus
New In Town

Postby IsChildNeglectLegal » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:06 pm

i'M NOT SURE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER BUT THERE IS ONE THING ABOUT sPACE EXPLORATION THAT PUZZLES ME & MAYBE SOMEONE CAN EXPLAIN IF i'VE GOT IT WRONG?

Most Radio Waves travel "line of sight" i.e in a straight line over short distances limited to the visible Horizon (which is why Broadcast Masts are really tall), other forms (Shotwave/Microwaves) "bounce" off the Ionosphere allowing them to travel much longer distances.
So...how do signals from very distant Spacecraft/Satellites (way beyond the Moon) which only use a fraction of a Watt of power reach Earth? :?

Sorry about 1st paragraph, Caps lock was on & I'm too lazy to re-type.. :oops:
Pro McConn, excusing Child neglect since 3rd May 2007

Clarrie...if it's good enough for the PJ it's good enough for ME..get over yourself you are now't but a Pink Windbag !

"Use the Force"........the Police Force to lock the B*ggers up.
IsChildNeglectLegal
On Parole

Postby azrael72 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:26 pm

cant answer that one.....its gone right over my head and into outerspace.... :( sorry

but i do believe they went to the moon...in one of the programmes i watched it said they may of re-did the photos because of the quailty of them....i would like them to go back...if they can do it in 1969, just imagine what could be done now.....
azrael72
Been Cautioned

Postby Scribbler » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:28 pm

Excellent idea Azrael. After all, nearly four decades have passed. I think it would be useful for them to revisit the moon. I wonder what other planets they might one day be able to land on? Not Venus, obviously! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Listen very carefully, I will say this only once: LEAVING SMALL CHILDREN ALONE TO FEND FOR THEMSELVES IS UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR!!
Scribbler
On Parole

Postby parus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:44 pm

IsChildNeglectLegal wrote:....
Most Radio Waves travel "line of sight" i.e in a straight line over short distances limited to the visible Horizon (which is why Broadcast Masts are really tall), other forms (Shotwave/Microwaves) "bounce" off the Ionosphere allowing them to travel much longer distances.
So...how do signals from very distant Spacecraft/Satellites (way beyond the Moon) which only use a fraction of a Watt of power reach Earth?.....

The ultra-short radio-waves (GHz - bound) freely penetrates through ionosphere. The signal reflected from space objects really is very poor. For low-level signals multiplication, usually dish aerials are used. (they hasn't own noises in amplified signal). Dish aerials of various sizes are main technical elements in radio astronomy and most expensive. :|
parus
New In Town

Postby Arbiter » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:41 pm

Scribbler wrote:Excellent idea Azrael. After all, nearly four decades have passed. I think it would be useful for them to revisit the moon. I wonder what other planets they might one day be able to land on? Not Venus, obviously! :shock: :lol: :lol:

The Americans have said they plan to go back as a step to going to Mars using souped up Apollo methodology.. it's a long time frame though (and they've said it before) so it might not happen and going to Mars IS more difficult then going to the Moon.. ie. MONTHS of exposure to radiation instead of a couple of weeks.

However... the Chinese and the Japanese are both saying they are going at to the moon some point.. which might push the Americans a bit.
Arbiter
On Parole

Postby Scribbler » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:45 pm

Hope they get on with it soon then. It would give us something interesting to read about for a change! :lol:
Listen very carefully, I will say this only once: LEAVING SMALL CHILDREN ALONE TO FEND FOR THEMSELVES IS UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR!!
Scribbler
On Parole

Postby azrael72 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:26 pm

well if they do, then we will have the answer to "was it a hoax"... they will either find everything that was left behind, or nothing.....and i cant see another country keeping quiet about finding nothing as they would now be the first people/country to the moon...it will be very interesting...hope its soon...
azrael72
Been Cautioned

Postby Arbiter » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:05 pm

azrael72 wrote:well if they do, then we will have the answer to "was it a hoax"... they will either find everything that was left behind, or nothing.....and i cant see another country keeping quiet about finding nothing as they would now be the first people/country to the moon...it will be very interesting...hope its soon...

At each Apollo landing site there is a laser reflecting array that is used to this day by Unversities all over the world to measure the distance from the Earth to the Moon by boucing laser light off them.

Here's one.
http://physics.ucsd.edu/~tmurphy/apollo ... lector.jpg

And they were tracked to the Moon and back by radio telecope observatories around the world (you have to factor in the Earth's rotation).

So if it's a hoax it's incredibly sophisticated.

I don't think NASA is sweating about what the Chinese or Japanese might find.
Arbiter
On Parole

Postby parus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:13 pm

azrael72 wrote:well if they do, then we will have the answer to "was it a hoax"... they will either find everything that was left behind, or nothing.....and i cant see another country keeping quiet about finding nothing as they would now be the first people/country to the moon...it will be very interesting...hope its soon...

Americans are ready-witted guys. If nothing will found by Japs/Chins, perhaps they will say that russian 'moon-tractor' has stolen all evidences many years ago. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
parus
New In Town

Postby Carina R » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:27 pm

Please remember the size of a computer that could not even do what the first personal computer could do, in 1969. You needed a very big room for it and it had to be in a airconditioned room. That vehicle was a flimsy piece to say the least. If they really were there, they should not have so much problems with their space vehicles(which only circle the earth) with heat paddings falling off all the time. In any case anybody who have seen the beautiful pictures of the earth from the moon, taken by the Japanese craft that is circling the moon at the moment, would never stop talking about it, if he had seen it in real life. Why did they not take any such pictures of earth from the moon? Seems strange to me. http://moonpans.com/prints/a8earthrise.jpg
Carina R
New In Town

Postby bonnybraes1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:02 pm

What about Earthrise?
bonnybraes1

Postby Arbiter » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:51 pm

Why did they not take any such pictures of earth from the moon? Seems strange to me.

They did!

Hundreds of them.

Like the 'Earthrise' already mentioned.

Go to Google images.. type.. 'moon' 'earth' 'apollo' and enjoy the feast!
Arbiter
On Parole

Next

Return to Sciences - Space, Moon Landings - Astronomy - Astrology