PROXY SERVER ACCESS TO MIRROR

A forum for all those Refugees from the Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX and TFA eeore Board, that have been banned, warned, had their community taken away from them to voice their opinions. Plus any other forum that has been pulled or had members banned or warned.

PROXY SERVER ACCESS TO MIRROR

Postby ANDITSWIFEFACT » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:05 am

Seems i've been busted! Been banned 3 times now. Not even using a proxy server works now. anonymouse, youhide, proxyheat all no go. It was fun while it lasted. Does anyone know anyway back on?

I reckon they have somehow fiddled with ip address access requirements. This may well backfire as I reckon many casual users will use proxies to access (defeat firewalls) from work places and offices---- this may well drive some more people over here..

Regards all

N
ANDITSWIFEFACT

Re: PROXY SERVER ACCESS TO MIRROR

Postby IsChildNeglectLegal » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:18 am

I'm an undesireable too, can view from Friends Home but not here or Work...not @rsed now to be honest, I won't miss, Liza (wiv a zee), Cuntry Rhodes, Nickel@a*** or the other knobheads.. :lol:
Pro McConn, excusing Child neglect since 3rd May 2007

Clarrie...if it's good enough for the PJ it's good enough for ME..get over yourself you are now't but a Pink Windbag !

"Use the Force"........the Police Force to lock the B*ggers up.
IsChildNeglectLegal
On Parole

Postby ANDITSWIFEFACT » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:27 am

This proxy "half" works.... http://www.zend2.com but it doesnt't seem to allow anymore than viewing if you try and login or click a link its a no go. Seems they are running a very depleted forum now with zero viewers on most of the subjects..... I dunno ..... what a farcical kick in the teeth for free speech. Thank God and cuddlecat for this forum.

Regards all

N
ANDITSWIFEFACT

Postby Miss Take » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:36 am

I've just posted a fix on page 3 of this thread :)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2298
"While it may be hugely entertaining and a bit of fun to think of cast lists, we are a million miles away from that sort of thing."

Miss Take
First Time Offender

Unbanning the banned ....

Postby PassingThru » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:49 am

I have put this subject in the lounge for a wider audience. It the moderators decide otherwise, no doubt it will get moved.

IP Addresses and User eMail plus ID's.

If a registered member of any forum posts against the rules and regulations of a forum, the chances are that said member may receive a ban, either without pardon, or after a number of warnings. There are two types of ban, the first on login ID. Let's examine both.

User ID - eMail address.

Depending on the method of registration a member is known by the way he or she logs in. This could be by an chosen user identity name or by the registration eMail address. It does not really matter, as the two are linked for the Database. The only thing that matters, which of the two fields is the key field.

To get around such ban is to re register with a different combination of user ID eMail address, depending on the key field.

IP address.

The greatest myth of all, and the showcase of all the moderators who have absolutely no idea of what they are doing. An IP address is your unique (well, not quite) address where you enter the internet. This IP address is given to you by your internet provider upon entering, and it may be a static or floating address. If you think about it, working for any organization with internet access, there will be lots of people surfing, all using the same IP address. The same holds true when you surf via broadband at home, except that you may not be aware that you are sharing this address. An internet server is allocated a unique address on the internet, but they serve many clients, who in turn have identified themselves uniquely to the server. Such a server normally will handle around 65536 clients, meaning that you are sharing your connection with 65535 others. Get the picture? So, an IP address is not yours, you just use it during your connection. When wild uneducated moderators simply wants you out, and uses the IP address banning principle, they will not only ban you from their site, but also up to 65535 other users, and that could lead to wider issues.

To get around such a ban is also simple, It really depends on your provider. Whilst most companies have a static Ip address, the broadband providers in the UK tend to have floating IP addresses.

Floating IP addresses.

To change your floating IP address, simply disconnect from the internet. You achieve this by unplugging the wire to your telephone socket and switching off the device connected to that wire, normally a router. Depending whether the time of day is likely to have more or less internet traffic, you wait for a shorter or longer period before switching your router back on and plugging back into your telephone socket. My fovourite would be to do this when I go to sleep and reconnecting the next morning. To check whether your IP address has changed go to http://www.whatismyip.com and note the IP address before disconnecting and again when you have reconnected.

Static IP addresses.

Unfortunately these cannot be changed, and thus you must pass through another internet gateway to adopt a new address, called a proxy server. This method does not only change your IP address, but it can also hide where you came from, and other bits and bobs. There are mainly two types, web proxies and PC (configured) proxies. Web proxies do not change anything on your PC, and comes as freeware, or as a paid for service with many more options. Be aware that these web proxies can bombard you with advertisements, spam and malware, but there are one or two good ones still around. A normal proxy you will probably need to pay for a license, although you will have the chance to try it out beforehand. Uninstalling this type of software normally leaves a fingerprint behind, sothat you cannot install it again to bypass paying for a license. These type of proxies tend to be much more reliable, but a virus and spyware scanner does not come amiss. Typical cost around £20.
There will be NO justice for Madeleine, because all the questions that should have been asked are brushed under the Government carpet. There is no-one left, that dares anymore.

Madeleine who?
PassingThru
Been Cautioned

Re: Unbanning the banned ....

Postby Arbiter » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:58 am

http://www.miaoweb.net

It's a 'via' web page link, you don't install anything.

Very good way of reading the Mirror forum anyway (I haven't been able to sign on with it which is disappointing).
Arbiter
On Parole

Re: Unbanning the banned ....

Postby PassingThru » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:25 am

Do until others what they did unto you.

Or some tips on how to get your own back on those moderators that have been operating under false colours.

Get organized. Be like them, form yourself into a loose group, plan your activities, and coordinate your action. By using concerted effort you will maximise confusion and havoc. That is what they did.

Decide what your aim is, and by which method you wish to achieve it. Is your aim is another ban, and with you a potential 65535 other connections, then insure you will get a ban. 16 bans and potentially the forum has lost one million legitimate members, and with a little luck also a moderator or two.

Prepare a large series of member accounts, aceesible to all members of the group. Use spoof names like EthelMod, OralisMod, Rhodes3-, Lísa5, and any other that will get you attention.

Also prepare a large volume of prepared postings of general use (not too specific), from the jokes, to the inane and to the downright insulting and rude ones. Vary the length from one liners to the lengthy essay with the insults hidden away. They will be read.

Know your enemy. Know what makes your favourite moderator or other poster tick, and play on that. Annoy them and let they be the ones that lose their rag.

As the userID IP address combination is the most important part that can be seen, confuse them. Login as a group en masse with one user name. One name, many Ipaddresses, which one should be banned. Or login with different user names and start opening topics with any real or imaginary issue, and throw the odd Madeleine reference in there, Madeleine Smith, I mean.

IMPORTANT!!

As a group brainstorm ideas, coordinate these away from the forum you intend to hit, and use PM, or better still eMail. Why not one of the many eMail accounts you have setup to register new forum members.
There will be NO justice for Madeleine, because all the questions that should have been asked are brushed under the Government carpet. There is no-one left, that dares anymore.

Madeleine who?
PassingThru
Been Cautioned

Return to Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX & TFA eeore Board Refugee Centre