who was MirrorIain and when exactly did his name disappear?

A forum for all those Refugees from the Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX and TFA eeore Board, that have been banned, warned, had their community taken away from them to voice their opinions. Plus any other forum that has been pulled or had members banned or warned.

Re: who was MirrorIain and when exactly did his name disappear?

Postby MsMarbles » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:53 pm

pear wrote:Also, I remember that, when that mail came about and people started doubting, there was a message from another Mod (Blondie? MazMod? Certainly not Aurelius) saying "MirrorIan is a Mod, not a Toll"

No, it was AureliusMod who posted it, as I still have most of that threads pages saved. Here is his exact quote on the said thread.

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Response from Home Office to Mirror Forum!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MirrorIain is an employee of Mirror.co.uk and Admin of this forum - not a troll.
I believe.....
I believe and trust in Eddie and keela.
__
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
MsMarbles
On Parole

Postby sally66 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:56 pm

Dr_Dirk's posts had a genuine feel to them - He's well p***** about something that has been going on with the forum and the mods

IMO he was MirrorIain as they took him out of the users list but he kept getting back on the forum so he somehow knew how to do it
sally66
On Parole

Postby boxerlove » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:58 pm

I asked this question on the DM topic Traitors last night and did not get a reply
boxerlove
New In Town

Postby HAL » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:36 am

sally66 wrote:Dr_Dirk posted
1. Hello There I have got your number and so has Pixie

2. Mark I have resigned and I suggest you do too and I'm going to tell the truth

3. Mark Morton AKA Hello There AKA the Footard Troll

4. MI
NAI when I look in the mirror
HAd enough of the lies on here

His posts were being deleted as soon as they went on, he got 1 last post in saying he wouldn't give up with getting the truth out (or words to that effect, only 1 I didn't write down)

The post has disappeared

Portuguese Prosecuter requested this forum restricted (maddy ...Joined: 17 Aug 2007 Posts: 1888 Location: Torquay,Portugal,Mirror Forum .... Hellothere AKA Mark Morton was the one who suggested HTFM should start ...
forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1035373 - 21 hours ago - Similar pages - Note this
HAL
New In Town

Postby HAL » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:53 am

Mark Morton can be presumed to have been a Mirror employee (the domain name on his e-mail address has been hidden at the link)

Mark is still posting on this Railway-focused blog, and he seems to be some sort of webmaster/Internet techie

http://groups.google.mn/groups/profile? ... _4i-aEbmHg

Mark Morton" <mark@bustingmychops.com> wrote in message
mark@bustingmychops.com wrote... > One of the users of an online community I help run has commented that > to log in we don't use a secure server. ...
http://www.forum4designers.com/archive1 ... 12404.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive ... 03767.html

From: Mark Morton <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:20:36 +0100. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objecti ... ll&siteid= ...
newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Uk/uk.railway/2006-05/msg03767.html - 14k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Mirror: "TV Ads To Combat Level Crossing Deaths"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:20:36 +0100

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objecti ... _page.html

RAIL bosses hope a shocking new advert will dramatically cut the number of deaths at level crossings.

The graphic image used in the ad is particularly aimed at drivers who jump red lights or weave between barriers as high-speed trains approach.

Last year, 13 people were killed at level crossings, taking the total to 221 since 1967.

Network Rail launched the £3million advertising campaign - on TV for the first time this Thursday - in a bid to combat the "senseless waste of life" at crossings.

Deputy chief executive Iain Coacher said: "Every year too many people are needlessly killed at level crossings.
HAL
New In Town

Postby sally66 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:10 am

What do you think has gone on HAL?

The MF forum was the first time I have been a member of a forum and I don't have any knowledge of how they're run but there's something definitely amiss.

IMO Hippychick/Crystaltips is a journalist saying what she wanted to say on the forum because she couldn't in the papers, whether this was with or without editorial consent I don't know

IMO there were also Team McCann on there, some very close & some legal trainees
sally66
On Parole

Postby Shrike » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:17 am

MirrorIain's name was there in the list before the Maddy forum whoooshed, but gone afterwards.

Dr_Dirk posted
1. Hello There I have got your number and so has Pixie

2. Mark I have resigned and I suggest you do too and I'm going to tell the truth

3. Mark Morton AKA Hello There AKA the Footard Troll

4. MI
NAI when I look in the mirror
HAd enough of the lies on here

In the Dr Dirk post quoted above Iain is written Ian not Iain

So where is MirrorIain now?
'We know our facts, we know what we did.' Gerry McCann

"The issue is, does this judicial secrecy help the investigation in any way? We would say not." Clarrie McSpin, May 08
Shrike
First Time Offender

Postby HAL » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:36 am

HAL wrote:Mark Morton can be presumed to have been a Mirror employee (the domain name on his e-mail address has been hidden at the link)

Mark is still posting on this Railway-focused blog, and he seems to be some sort of webmaster/Internet techie

http://groups.google.mn/groups/profile? ... _4i-aEbmHg

Mark Morton" <mark@bustingmychops.com> wrote in message
mark@bustingmychops.com wrote... > One of the users of an online community I help run has commented that > to log in we don't use a secure server. ...
http://www.forum4designers.com/archive1 ... 12404.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive ... 03767.html

From: Mark Morton <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:20:36 +0100. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objecti ... ll&siteid= ...
newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Uk/uk.railway/2006-05/msg03767.html - 14k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Mirror: "TV Ads To Combat Level Crossing Deaths"

Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:20:36 +0100

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objecti ... _page.html

RAIL bosses hope a shocking new advert will dramatically cut the number of deaths at level crossings.

The graphic image used in the ad is particularly aimed at drivers who jump red lights or weave between barriers as high-speed trains approach.

Last year, 13 people were killed at level crossings, taking the total to 221 since 1967.

Network Rail launched the £3million advertising campaign - on TV for the first time this Thursday - in a bid to combat the "senseless waste of life" at crossings.

Deputy chief executive Iain Coacher said: "Every year too many people are needlessly killed at level crossings.

The Mirror was warned of what could happen if they opened up their moderator positions to non-Mirror people. They ignored that, and chose to do so. What was predicted came to pass; however, the embedded cuckoos gor a free ride for a long, long time on the good reputation of the Mirror.

I presume that someone took a look at the IP addresses, and saw that far too many of them were coming from the same IP number. With a misinformation campaign of that scope, any self-respecting person who wasn't involved with the disinformation program would be thoroughly pee'd off because his good name has beeen dragged through the mud, too.

I presume that the legal threats have been rolling in the Mirror's front door like there's no tomorrow, and likely many of the really libellous statements were made by the cuckoos. That would not amuse the Mirror's top management, IMO.

I will be contributing to the Mirror's grief next week by going out to mgmnt, saying I told you, providing examples of the duplicity...and copying the reporters at SOL.
HAL
New In Town

Postby JennyBabe » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:30 am

so we have a Leigh Norton and a Mark Morton, very similar surnames, could be a coincidence though I suppose....

all very confusing, I guess we will never know :(
JennyBabe
Suspect

Postby nemesis » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:07 am

I thought MirrorIain disappeared not long after the 'message from the home office' post, a while (days?) before the forum was pulled

As an admin, he would have had plenty of powers to delete, so I don't see him as throwing a strop of the Dr Dirk type?
nemesis

Postby Meadow » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:36 am

HAL wrote:Here he is, back on January 7, 2008. He has the ability to sign himself in as MirrorIain, guest, and has no profile, so I presume that he is a super moderator, and has access to all of the tinkerings available on the website.

If you search the Mirror site for MirrorIain, nothing comes up, even though the posts are searchable by google.

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... teid=89520

MirrorIain

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:27 pm Post subject: Free Health MOTs - good idea?

Gordon Brown is announcing today that everyone in the country will get a free health check on the NHS.

But is that concern for the nation's health, or a nanny state gone too far? We want to know what you think...

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... =60&t=4891

MirrorIain

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:07 pm Post subject:

Whoever said Withnail - it's being rereleased briefly later this month as part of British Cinema season. Check your local multiplex, they'll have the times when it's on.

As for favourite quotes: Start at the begining of Ghostbusters and work through to "I love this town". You'll find most of mine in between.

To my knowledge MirrorIain was an ADMIN, therefore a paid employee. Of all the ADMIN rights compared to MOD rights, is that admins could 'delete' threads, MODS can only lock them. This point came about because of the MAIN thread.

Also, as far as I know, MirrorIain was actually female.

With regard to the day the forum was pulled Blonde (Admin) was signed in an online. After this, I've noticed for example Friday & yesterday MirrorIain has gone.

GUEST SIGN IN There was a brief period, I think around September -arguido status season, that the Mirror was getting large number of log ons etc. And we were all signed in as guests. I only know of guest sign in as glitches.

But for some reason, there have been other occasions MazMod and MarqueeMoon also signed in as guests. I can see a few other examples, in un-usual circumstances. However, think it was late Thursday the Nick MarqueeMoon was actually registered: now that could be someone trying it on or you guess is as good as mine. The spelling & caps, exactly: MarqueeMoon.

You must draw your own conclusions about the ability to sign in as a guest on MF. Equally we all need to sit back and realise we HAVE BEEN HAD.

And not to look for this in people we have got to know and trust. Someone for a long while had been playing mind games with us all.

IMHO: The best protest people can do, to show we are concerned about the case of Madeleine McCann, we are moderate, is to NOT POST ON THE SUBJECT AT ALL, on MF.

That is our best protest. You'll notice, there certainly remains a strange ''rear guard of - call it pro's'' to maintain the stirring. Just don't give them fodder.

Apart from the signing ability of ''guests'' I have no proof, but a very strong hunch that there appears to be a rather large number of nicks with a good post record & log on dates - that I've never seen around, so like where did they all come from ? !

United we stand and devided we fall. Just may be MirrorIain actually protested, we will never know.

A demonstration of the ability to delete a thread was when the 9th was deleted & MirrorIan opened the 10th - how strange was that !

Sorry I messed up - got my text between the quotes, think its sorted now.
Meadow
Local Lag

Postby JennyBabe » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:30 pm

does anyone know exactly when MirrorIain disappeared from the list? was it before, after or at the same as all this?
JennyBabe
Suspect

Postby pear » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:19 pm

HAL wrote:I will be contributing to the Mirror's grief next week by going out to mgmnt, saying I told you, providing examples of the duplicity...and copying the reporters at SOL.

Excellent idea.
pear
Hardened Criminal

Postby HAL » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:17 pm

Meadow wrote:

You must draw your own conclusions about the ability to sign in as a guest on MF. Equally we all need to sit back and realise we HAVE BEEN HAD.

IMO, the Mirror has been had as well, as their jounalistic integrity has been compromised by the cuckoos they let into their nests.

Press standards do not allow a mainstream newspaper to have its employees/agents covertly delete and direct assent and dissent, and it's very stupid to give your agents (seemingly some moderator) the opportunity to spread libels and defamation from within your newspaper. That'll have libel lawyers slavering in their Moet & Chandon.
HAL
New In Town

Previous

Return to Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX & TFA eeore Board Refugee Centre