who was MirrorIain and when exactly did his name disappear?

A forum for all those Refugees from the Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX and TFA eeore Board, that have been banned, warned, had their community taken away from them to voice their opinions. Plus any other forum that has been pulled or had members banned or warned.

who was MirrorIain and when exactly did his name disappear?

Postby JennyBabe » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:24 pm

was MirrorIain a mod or was he admin? where has his name gone? everyone seems to be looking at Blondie and the whole MazMod thing, but is MirrorIain possibly more likely to be involved in whatever happened?
JennyBabe
Suspect

Re: who was MirrorIain and when exactly did his name disappear?

Postby Marianna » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:51 pm

Funny you should ask that. I always thought he was the main man, the only one pulling in a salary from the Daily Fibber.
Marianna
Suspect

Postby JennyBabe » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:03 pm

interesting. I wonder if anyone will be able to enlighten us any further....
JennyBabe
Suspect

Postby HAL » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:07 pm

He seems to have been there on January 17, 2008.

http://www.express.co.uk/comments/view/160167

Here is the "response" from the ho, on the mirror forum
Published: Thursday January 17,2008 by Bumpkin
as mentioned in dogmad's post a little while ago.

the statement came through this afternoon on the 'Sign Petition to Jacqui Smith' thread - many of us emailed her and the Home Office, demanding clarification of reports in Correio di Mahna and on Paolo Reis's thread that the Home Secretary is delaying interviewing of the Tapas 7:

MirrorIain wrote:Please be advised, we have been asked by the Home Office to give their response to this thread, which follows:

"It is not our usual policy to comment on individual cases, however the Home Office has not received a formal request for Mutual Legal Assistance concerning the McCann investigation. It is not appropriate to comment further."

I have emailed this to Correio di Mahna (I think!! via their website), but calling all Portuguese posters - Please, please publicise this response from the Home Office to the Mirror Forum to your national press!! We cannot allow the British government to try and hide any stalling on the McCann case by using the excuse of Portuguese bureaucracy!!
HAL
New In Town

Postby HAL » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:12 pm

this is from the feces-flinging blog of Red's at Scared Monkets. However, the actual post has seemingly vanished.

Lively Case Discussion #641 6/16 - 6/19/2007I was reading the Maddy thread and saw this...??? MirrorIain Joined: 20 Mar 2007 Posts: 13 Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:06 pm Post subject: ...
scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1223.880 - 97k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
HAL
New In Town

Postby JennyBabe » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:19 pm

sorry HAL your posts confused me...
JennyBabe
Suspect

Postby HAL » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:20 pm

Here he is, back on January 7, 2008. He has the ability to sign himself in as MirrorIain, guest, and has no profile, so I presume that he is a super moderator, and has access to all of the tinkerings available on the website.

If you search the Mirror site for MirrorIain, nothing comes up, even though the posts are searchable by google.

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... teid=89520

MirrorIain

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:27 pm Post subject: Free Health MOTs - good idea?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gordon Brown is announcing today that everyone in the country will get a free health check on the NHS.

But is that concern for the nation's health, or a nanny state gone too far? We want to know what you think...

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... =60&t=4891

MirrorIain

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:07 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said Withnail - it's being rereleased briefly later this month as part of British Cinema season. Check your local multiplex, they'll have the times when it's on.

As for favourite quotes: Start at the begining of Ghostbusters and work through to "I love this town". You'll find most of mine in between.
HAL
New In Town

Postby LogicMan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:23 pm

"As for favourite quotes: Start at the begining of Ghostbusters and work through to "I love this town". You'll find most of mine in between."

And the flowers, are still standing.........

;)
LogicMan
On Parole

Postby HAL » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:25 pm

JennyBabe wrote:sorry HAL your posts confused me...

It would seem that MirrorIain is still there (he was posting, unrecognized by the Mirror's tracking system) on January 7, 2008, but has removed his name from the masthead. He is seemingly the site's techie, and is high up in the website's hierarchy.
HAL
New In Town

Postby sally66 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:31 pm

I noted down what he posted last night, well we think it was him using user name Dr_Dirk - Have you seen it or do you want me to post it again?
sally66
On Parole

Postby JennyBabe » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:31 pm

but why now, with all this going on, has he suddenly "disappeared" from the admin/mods list?
JennyBabe
Suspect

Postby JennyBabe » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:31 pm

sally66 wrote:I noted down what he posted last night, well we think it was him using user name Dr_Dirk - Have you seen it or do you want me to post it again?

haven't seen it....
JennyBabe
Suspect

Postby pear » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:34 pm

Also, I remember that, when that mail came about and people started doubting, there was a message from another Mod (Blondie? MazMod? Certainly not Aurelius) saying "MirrorIan is a Mod, not a Toll"
pear
Hardened Criminal

Postby sally66 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:39 pm

Dr_Dirk posted
1. Hello There I have got your number and so has Pixie

2. Mark I have resigned and I suggest you do too and I'm going to tell the truth

3. Mark Morton AKA Hello There AKA the Footard Troll

4. MI
NAI when I look in the mirror
HAd enough of the lies on here

His posts were being deleted as soon as they went on, he got 1 last post in saying he wouldn't give up with getting the truth out (or words to that effect, only 1 I didn't write down)
sally66
On Parole

Postby HAL » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:40 pm

JennyBabe wrote:but why now, with all this going on, has he suddenly "disappeared" from the admin/mods list?

The person who might be able to answer that would be Leigh, who is in charge of the Mirror's Interline content...but she doesn't answer e-mail (at least not from me).

I doubt if Leigh is a techie, so she might be interested in how MirrorIain is able to bypass the safeguards and make his posts in a non-searchable manner. Steve is also involved with the forums, I believe.

leigh.norton@mirror.co.uk

steve.purcell@mirror.co.uk

You may find this interesting

Forum view numbers way down PLEASE DONT HIJACK
http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=39959

If you go to http://www.alexa.com and enter http://www.mirror.co.uk and click Go , you will get a graph and a ranking for this forum.

With Alexa, the lower the number, the higher the ranking..but only for ranking purposes.

If you tinker with the graph (six month, one year, three year), you will see that the Mirror was an extremely popular Internet site in 2005 and 2006, before declining sharply in the 2007 pre-Maddy days. The Maddy vanishing brought the viewers and numbers back up, but they've fallen off again after September, 2007.

Comparing year to year, whatever was being done in 2005 and 2006 worked well, but the first three months of 2007 was a disaster.and Maddymania brought viewers back, but not to the 2006 levels.

It's to be presumed that the viewer numbers and ranking will continue to decline.

Mirror.co.uk has a traffic rank of: 6,741
Timesonline.co.uk has a traffic rank of: 1,243
Telegraph.co.uk has a traffic rank of: 1,315
Thesun.co.uk has a traffic rank of: 1,039
HAL
New In Town

Next

Return to Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX & TFA eeore Board Refugee Centre