bjr posted on mirror - great post

A forum for all those Refugees from the Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX and TFA eeore Board, that have been banned, warned, had their community taken away from them to voice their opinions. Plus any other forum that has been pulled or had members banned or warned.

Re: bjr posted on mirror - great post

Postby misplacedfemale » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:43 pm

Baronstu wrote:CarlyMichelle just re-posted it.

Here it is, I hope bjr doesn't mind.

On Wednesday afternoon on the 23rd January, 2008, justice in the UK died, not by the hands of the Public or the Police, but by the Daily Mirror. Why? Well it starts really on May 3rd 2007 when a three year old child thought she was going on a holiday of a life-time, but sadly she never returned from that holiday. Her parents did, in September, but only after they had been made Arguidos by a foreign Country. Since then they, the suspects have hired, top lawyers, PR spokesman and a team of detectives on the pretext of finding their Child. A child that should never have been neglected that night, a child that should have been protected, a child that so much wanted to live. Perhaps we will never know if this child died by the hands of her parents, but there are people out there in this big wild world, that want justice for her and will stop at nothing to obtain justice for her, and want her parents held accountable for their actions on that night.

So Daily Mirror you can issue warnings, and put notices up saying members of your forum will be banned if they discuss this case and that the topic is now off limits. But you will not be forgiven for your actions. I know that after I post this I will be banned, but to be honest I don't care, the only care I have is that Justice will be done, and will not be hindered by our Government, our Press and those that so proclaim the Parents are innocent and those that will resort to any method, even verbal abuse to try and stop the discussion.

What are you going to do Mr PR Spokesman, ban this conversation in every Pub, meeting place, workplace, street corner and our own homes? No you would never be able to do that. So this subject will never be silenced and yes Media you can bow down to the likes of the Team McCann and Co. but you will never make us quiet and we will insist on free speech and we will continue to fight for justice. Maybe not here but somewhere else.

But the worst part of all of this, yes we feel betrayed that you stopped discussion, but we feel you have betrayed a child that is missing. You have betrayed her memory, her right for justice and her right for the people to speak on her behalf. So I hope Daily Mirror you are real proud of yourselves and every other media outlet that stops discussion, because you have taken away a little girls voice that has so much right to be heard. You have betrayed and abandoned Madeleine Beth McCann just like her parents did. BRAVO, Hang your heads in Shame

Great post. So hopefully our friends on here from outside the UK, will post this to relevant places. So we can be heard around the world.

Justice to Madeline. As we seem to be the only Voice. Because for sure Kate and Gerry are not. FACT.
misplacedfemale
Been Cautioned

Postby usviewer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Here's mine:

Dear Mr. Purcell,

You have the right to make any decision you choose regarding the Mirror Forum. I appreciate that the forum lasted as long as it did and I very much admire the long-time posters (mostly on the Main Thread) that shared their insightful and, in my opinion, very accurate overview of what was taking place with this case. For whatever reasons, the British Press were unable to ask the hard questions of the McCann's. The Madeleine Forum could, and thankfully did provide a public outlet for the tough questions and information omitted from British press reports.

As much as forum users may have thought the forum was about finding Madeleine, it was not, and never could have been about that. Madeleine McCann died in apartment 5A in PDL and helping or saving her was never an option for the forum users. For me, and I believe other forum users, the forum represented a voice for Madeleine. Without a loving family to question her fate, no concerned government to determine her welfare, no impartial media from her home country to accurately report the ongoing police investigation into her demise, Madeleine was left with only strangers to seek justice for her. To me, that in itself would have been reason enough to continue the forum.

However, as with all major investigations, time will tell us whether the decision was the right one. In any case, the investigation will go on and I trust the Portuguese and British Police will continue with and succeed in their efforts to determine what happened to Madeleine.

Respectfully,

XXX XXXXXX
---Without a loving family to question her fate, no concerned government to determine her welfare, Madeleine was left with only strangers to seek justice for her.---
usviewer
New In Town

Postby Marianna » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:03 pm

Just boycott the Mirror.

Don't go on there. Tell your friends not to go on there. Bring down the Mirror's Alexa rating. Don't buy the useless rag.

They need to be punished, not played games with.
Marianna
Suspect

Postby nadder » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:15 pm

usviewer - excellent email - will make him think, without just getting defensive at being attacked

hope you get a reply
nadder
New In Town

Postby usviewer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:47 pm

If I receive a reply I will let you guys know. I am in the U.S. tho, and he may feel it not necessary to respond to me.
---Without a loving family to question her fate, no concerned government to determine her welfare, Madeleine was left with only strangers to seek justice for her.---
usviewer
New In Town

Previous

Return to Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX & TFA eeore Board Refugee Centre