What Makes this forum so much better than the last?

A forum for all those Refugees from the Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX and TFA eeore Board, that have been banned, warned, had their community taken away from them to voice their opinions. Plus any other forum that has been pulled or had members banned or warned.

Postby Ricado » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:24 pm

This question is aimed exclusively at those refugees like myself, from the Mirror's Hunt for Maddy forum. I do have something to say on this subject, but I'll give others a chance first.

Regards
Ricado
Ricado
New In Town

Re: What Makes this forum so much better than the last?

Postby wambooli » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi

I have come to this forum hoping, erm that it is not like The Mirror and or a few darker heavily moderated sites where Freedom of Speech left the building :)

I am not a McCann hater, a word used to describe people like me who strongly suspect that Mummy and Daddy accidentally took the life of their daughter.

Now i have said it, I am waiting to see what replies come. :?
wambooli
New In Town

Postby shesaidwhat » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Welcome Wambooli,

I think the majority of people tagged as 'haters' are just people outraged by the lack of respect shown to a small child in the rush of PR that those responsible for her welfare have used to remove all blame on their part.

Whoever is advising the McCanns couldn't have done a better job at stirring up peoples negative reactions to the McCanns if they had tried. IMHO :oops:

Edited to say: Apologies to Ricado for infringing on his thread to perform a welcome :lol:

Back to OP question:

Ricado:What Makes this forum so much better than the last?

This question is aimed exclusively at those refugees like myself, from the Mirror's Hunt for Maddy forum. I do have something to say on this subject, but I'll give others a chance first.

Regards
Ricado
When we step out on to the pitch on Sunday, all friendships will be forgotten
shesaidwhat
On Parole

Postby Ricado » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:57 pm

That's alright shesaidwhat, you were around to welcome wambooli when he made his first post here, and I was away from my desk for several hours.

wambooli has started us off by saying he's come to this forum hoping that it is not like the Mirror and or a few darker, heavily moderated sites, where Freedom of Speech has left the building. Ceratinly I was thinking about the quality / level of moderation when I posed the question:

R
Ricado
New In Town

Postby HawkEyes1 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Simply put, Ricado, first, the civility of the forum; next, prompt action by the moderators when spammers appear; then, most of my DM favourite posters are now here; and last, but not least, the ease of posting and messaging.

Congratulations on a flourishing site, The Three Arguidos!

***********************************************************************************************
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby HawkEyes1 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Ricado wrote:That's alright shesaidwhat, you were around to welcome wambooli when he made his first post here, and I was away from my desk for several hours.

wambooli has started us off by saying he's come to this forum hoping that it is not like the Mirror and or a few darker, heavily moderated sites, where Freedom of Speech has left the building. Ceratinly I was thinking about the quality / level of moderation when I posed the question:

R

Since you asked about the difference in the quality/level of moderation, Ricado, the other aspect, which I did not include in my earlier posting, is that here the moderators do NOT take down the whole thread, when there is a problem posting; unlike the moderators on the Mirror HFM forum. Much better to delete an individual poster's entry and issue a warning or ban the poster, rather than delete substantial research from the forum.

By the way, what is the difference between "You've been nicked" and a "Warning" tag on a poster's name?

*********************************************************************************************
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby IsChildNeglectLegal » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:12 pm

I think it's an experience points thing, I'm a "Suspect"..
Pro McConn, excusing Child neglect since 3rd May 2007

Clarrie...if it's good enough for the PJ it's good enough for ME..get over yourself you are now't but a Pink Windbag !

"Use the Force"........the Police Force to lock the B*ggers up.
IsChildNeglectLegal
On Parole

Postby xxdelly » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:38 am

The thing I like about this forum is that I can type in comic sans....

No seriously - I like the fact that the majority of posters have migrated over and kept their usernames, and that we've also gained some new people along the way.

The site is more colourful and easier to read.
xxdelly
On Parole

Postby IsChildNeglectLegal » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:44 am

xxdelly wrote:The thing I like about this forum is that I can type in comic sans....

No seriously - I like the fact that the majority of posters have migrated over and kept their usernames, and that we've also gained some new people along the way.

The site is more colourful and easier to read.

And it must be really winding certain people up that we are all still here, together & not taking any McConn bullsh*t.. 8) ...hello to all our observers, scuttle off & report in.. :lol: :P

Clarrie...if it's good enough for the PJ it's good enough for ME..get over yourself you are now't but a Pink Windbag !

IsChildNeglectLegal
On Parole

Postby Sloney69 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:47 am

I came over in the early early days......under a different user name.....

But my PC stopped wanting to go and kept giving me PAGE NOT FOUND messages.....

Until this week....... :D

I did like the MF probably because of fimiliarity......and it is great to see loads of people I know over here.....

My only gripe is.....The MF moved so fast......It was hard to keep up with things.....

Here (and this is only my 2nd forum) seems really slow......

Sorry guys......

But I do love it here........ :wink:
Sloney69
New In Town

Postby xxdelly » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:00 am

Sloney - you're right it is slower and takes a bit of getting used to.

On the MF we only had one thread :lol: - here we have loads and I keep getting lost.

IsChildNeglectLegal - how did you get your 'suspect' status? I notice we joined on the same day, but I'm still 'New in Town'. I assume it goes by your number of posts - the more you put in kinda thing?

Off to have a look :arrow:
xxdelly
On Parole

Postby IsChildNeglectLegal » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:03 am

xxdelly wrote:Sloney - you're right it is slower and takes a bit of getting used to.

On the MF we only had one thread :lol: - here we have loads and I keep getting lost.

IsChildNeglectLegal - how did you get your 'suspect' status? I notice we joined on the same day, but I'm still 'New in Town'. I assume it goes by your number of posts - the more you put in kinda thing?

Off to have a look :arrow:

Yes I think so, I didn't notice it at the time but I think mine changed around 100 posts or so.. :?

IsChildNeglectLegal
On Parole

Postby Brad1963 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:44 am

I post on this one.
Brad1963
First Time Offender

Postby Ricado » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:01 am

Some great responses so far, and some observations that I had failed to make...
R
Ricado
New In Town

Postby January » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:27 am

I just wish that the list of subject headings was in black rather than dark blue that turns to pale blue. I find it difficult to read the pale blue.

I like the little smilies but can someone do a step by step how to use them if they have a moment. Thanks
January
On Parole

Next

Return to Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX & TFA eeore Board Refugee Centre