RESIGNATION LETTER FROM MAZMOD/MARQUEEMOON

A forum for all those Refugees from the Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX and TFA eeore Board, that have been banned, warned, had their community taken away from them to voice their opinions. Plus any other forum that has been pulled or had members banned or warned.

Re: RESIGNATION LETTER FROM MAZMOD/MARQUEEMOON

Postby nemesis » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:02 am

SofaCleese wrote:The fact is that a Moderator, unpaid, unrecognised, and therefore not answerable to any litigation, has been allowed to read all our private messages

AureliusMod made it quite clear that Mods do not have access to PMs.

If people have offered / abused information given direct in PMs to others, in all their multiple IDs, its hardly ideal but there seems to be a lot of it about.

Trust no-one!
nemesis

Postby Meadow » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:10 am

Whatever was going on, was certainly odd:

I've lost track of time, then MarqueeMoon registered the name late Friday - as you know I keep an eye on log in numbers and was comparing MF with here, and saw the name registered. Now of course it could just be someone taking advantage. But why ?

I just think a complete blackout by the moderate and informative posters on MF in any shape or forum, would be interesting.

opps: sorry and whats my point: who has the function to sign in as a guest ?
Meadow
Local Lag

Postby Dizzy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:48 am

I may be wrong but if the Forum is a public Forum anyone can view it, Classed as Guests or known as (Lurkers) To participate you need to register,User name email etc. So to all intents and purposes anyone anywhere can be a guest and read.

If I am wrong I am sure I will be put right

Dizzy

Edited to add Lurkers
Dizzy
You're Nicked

Postby rabbit » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:00 pm

SofaCleese wrote:The fact is that a Moderator, unpaid, unrecognised, and therefore not answerable to any litigation, has been allowed to read all our private messages, and pass on to whomever the contents of our private and professional lives, is a very scary scenario.

I don't think they can read private messages and so perhaps you shouldn't go around making unfounded allegations.
rabbit
New In Town

Postby rabbit » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:14 pm

lovely wrote:
SofaCleese wrote:I do not doubt that MazMod has given others personal details picked up through the advantage of reading everyone's PMs.
I have no doubt that because of this advantage he has been able to warn certain posters of threats.
Can we all yawn???? :D

I do not doubt that you're making unfounded allegations. show me the board where mods can read the private messages!

Yes, private means private.
rabbit
New In Town

Postby Dizzy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:15 pm

Yet again I may be wrong but I dont think that can happen on a message board powered by