Hey All Daily Star Refugees!!

A forum for all those Refugees from the Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX and TFA eeore Board, that have been banned, warned, had their community taken away from them to voice their opinions. Plus any other forum that has been pulled or had members banned or warned.

Re: Hey All Daily Star Refugees!!

Postby midnight » Thu May 29, 2008 7:35 pm

Hi JIMK

Been in & out of UK and not seen anything of you in the interim :roll: :!:

Your staunch belief that there will be an outcome is encouraging - I do hope you are right.

United :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:
midnight
Local Lag

Postby JIMK » Thu May 29, 2008 8:01 pm

HI MIDNIGHT

I HOPE U ARE OK AFTER YOUR VISIT TO TO THE UK

I'VE BEEN VERY BUSY OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS HENCE MY INACTIVITY ON THE FORUM APART FROM THE ODD VISIT.

I DO REMAIN OPTIMISTIC SINCE I KNOW IMPLICITLY THE PJWON'T GIVE UP AND SO DO THE MCCOWARDS AS WELL

BUT OF COURSE THEY AREN'T AFRAID TO RETURN TO PDL , ARE THEY ?
JIMK
Been Cautioned

Postby midnight » Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 pm

McCanns face child neglect charges for leaving Madeleine alone on night she disappeared
By NICK MCDERMOTT Mail Online

Police are still investigating the parents of Madeleine McCann for neglecting their daughter on the night she went missing, court papers reveal.

Newly released documents confirm the Portuguese police inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance covered possible 'abandonment' by Kate and Gerry McCann.

The investigation also covers her possible abduction, homicide and concealment of a corpse.

The documents are the first official confirmation the inquiry includes a possible allegation of neglect against Kate and Gerry McCann after they left their daughter alone on the night she went missing.

The charge carries a maximum 10-year jail sentence.

The McCanns, both doctors from Rothley, Leicestershire, have strongly denied negligence saying they were having dinner just 50 yards from where their daughter was taken.

Details of the investigation were yesterday revealed in a court judgement, explaining why Portuguese prosecutor Magalhaes e Meneses was refused access to the content of 10 mobile phones - believed to belong to Kate and Gerry and their seven friends.

Investigators were particularly interested in 18 text messages allegedly sent from an unidentified mobile number to Mr McCann between May 2 and 4 last year.

Mr Meneses also asked for a full list of all the calls made between members of the McCanns' holidaying group from when they arrived in Portugal on April 28 and when the McCann's left on September 9.

Judge Fernando Ribeiro Cardoso refused the request for the calls and texts, and in his written judgement revealed the directions of the continuing investigation.

He wrote: 'In the case files pending in the Public Prosecution Services... they are investigating the disappearance of M.M. and the eventual carrying out of the crimes of abduction, homicide, exposure or abandonment of a child and concealment of a corpse.'

The youngster disappeared from the couple's holiday apartment in Praia de Luz on May 3 last year while they dined with friends a short distance away.

Members of their group would return to the apartment at regular intervals to check on Madeleine and her twin siblings.

The youngster's fifth birthday was on May 12.

Clarence Mitchell, the couple's spokesman, said Kate and Gerry vigorously deny neglecting Madeleine and welcome the news that abduction is a line of inquiry.

He said: 'This court document outlines the areas of the investigation and in no way suggests Kate and Gerry will be facing any such charges.

'Equally we have heard nothing officially to suggest any such area of investigation is being considered.

'However we do note that abduction is apparently one of the parameters and we welcome that because that is what Kate and Gerry and their friends have said and that is what happened.

'If there is any suggestion of neglect charges being considered that will be vigorously denied because the legal advice that Kate and Gerry have received both in Portugal and Britain is that legally speaking everything they were doing that week was well within the bounds of responsible parenting.' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
midnight
Local Lag

Previous

Return to Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, DX & TFA eeore Board Refugee Centre