More remains found at Jersey children's home

Crimes of Present and Past Centuries and Heros of Crime Detection, Fingerprints to DNA, all information will be found here. Also a forum to discuss the ongoing investigation into the Childrens Home findings in Jersey

More remains found at Jersey children's home

Postby Impartial » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:11 am

Not sure where to put it and if already reported

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/apr/0 ... protection

Police have unearthed more potential human remains at a former children's home in Jersey. The discoveries were made by officers searching the cellar complex beneath Haut de la Garenne, where officers fear youngsters may have been murdered during decades of alleged sexual and physical abuse by the staff.

The fresh findings are potentially the most significant development in the investigation since shards from a skull were removed from the care home five weeks ago. The results of carbon testing on the skull will be announced this week.

Meanwhile, Jersey police are believed to have assembled a series of 'robust' cases against a number of individuals and arrests are imminent.

After last week's BBC Panorama, which uncovered more cases of alleged abuse, Harper said that 'important information' against principal suspects had been received.

However, he would not confirm whether former police officers were among those who were on their list of potential suspects.

Forensic teams are continuing to search the third and fourth cellars found under the children's home.
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Re: More remains found at Jersey children's home

Postby polly » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:55 am

I can't even begin to describe how sick this makes me feel - is the world turning into a darker place or has it always been that way and most people didn't know about it? I hope that those involved in any form of child abuse rot in hell.
My opinions and thoughts only of information/news available within the public domain - they should not be taken as fact.
polly
New In Town

Postby bibi » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:00 am

Good God :shock: It's like something out of a horror movie except that these were real children. Poor little mites, none of them asked to be born. I hope to God good old fashioned justice catches up with those involved - I hear prison is not a good place to be if you have harmed children - so they'll find out what it's like to be incarcerated and vulnerable :twisted: :twisted:
* Madeleine, you are forever in our hearts *
bibi
Been Cautioned

Postby jude2007 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:12 am

Does anyone know what the results of the carbon testing on the skull showed? When did date from?

Jude
jude2007
Suspect

Postby geovik » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:27 am

polly wrote:I can't even begin to describe how sick this makes me feel - is the world turning into a darker place or has it always been that way and most people didn't know about it? I hope that those involved in any form of child abuse rot in hell.

:bounce: POLLY THE WORLD HAS ALWAYS BEEN A HORRIBLE PLACE !!

THINK ABOUT STALIN !
THINK ABOUT HITLER !
THINK ABOUT IDI AMIN ( SPELLING ? )
WHAT ABOUT TERRORISTS ? ( THEY DONT CARE IF IT IS WOMEN AND CHILDREN )
THE CRUSADES OF THE MIDDLE AGES !
WITCH BURNINGS !

THE LIST IS ENDLESS AND GOES BACK TO THE BEGINING OF FORGIVE THE PUN ( CIVILISATION ) !!!

TORTURE AND THE MIS-TREATMENT OF HUMAN BEINGS BY OTHER HUMAN BEINGS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE !!!

IT IS JUST WITH THE WEB, NEWSPAPERS AND TELEVISION AND RADIO WE HEAR IT ABOUT IT MORE NOW !!
____________________________________________________________________________________
[ WHEN ALL POSSIBILITIES HAVE BEEN RULED OUT WE WILL BE LEFT WITH THE PROBABILITY ]

[ THEY ARE A PAIR OF BLOOD SUCKING FLEAS LIVING IN THE FUR OF HUMANITY ] Geovik 2008
geovik
Been Cautioned

Postby Impartial » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:39 am

I remember the first time I ever heard about so called "snuff videos". That was a concept that just virtually could not enter my brain at that time. Something broke then and I am willing to believe everything now there is on this sad earth...
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Postby polly » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:56 pm

OMG - I just googled ' what are snuff videos'. I really had no idea. Not sure I can find a place for this - what a sick society we live in. How can we ever protect our children from these horrors?
My opinions and thoughts only of information/news available within the public domain - they should not be taken as fact.
polly
New In Town

Postby somthinfishie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:31 pm

jude2007 wrote:Does anyone know what the results of the carbon testing on the skull showed? When did date from?

Jude

Don`t think that the results have been announced yet Jude,the article they will be this week~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby crosseyedlion » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:07 pm

This has been known about for at least 15 years - I think we'll soon be finding out this case reaches out much further than Jersey:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=523706&in_page_id=1770

Just read the extremes the police investigators have had to go to to pass on their reports. Always those "at the top" that try to stifle proper investigation.
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5871/yeaag9.jpg

"The investigation will bring its results, whoever they hurt."
crosseyedlion
Been Cautioned

Postby Jennyfowler » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:03 am

I agre with all these comments.
Plus as said before. Shannon's half siblings if taken into care are now at even more risk.

Should there be a licencing system brought into all country's where all children are watched carefully. I used to worry about my health visitor but should we all be worried.

It seems that if you do not have two loving caring and responsible parents all children are at risk. Do we have them to be abused. Are children seen as objects to be abused not by us the parents but by most other people and some parts of governments - and why.

Also do we have to delved into History of child abuse and find out just how long and ingrained this is.

It seems we need a new moral code not a religeous one but one that is kind to humans. We need to teach kindness and non violence. We as parents need to teach it. But it's not helped much by say Damages Popular series it seems having a violent climax. Why. Even in nice happy programmes like repeats of Father Ted we have violent trailers in the add breaks.

It is not government that are going to heal these issues. Sadly it seems they are involved at highest levels.

These issues are not even allowed out. Look at this information. It's not on Ceefax- not on the news. No where is this information. There are probably only a handful of people on News and Sport. Even Shannon's site on here is very low when I look.

Maybe we need to revisit Victorian attitudes to children. They worked and the reasons why we considered them to be in school instead. The effort it took society then to lift kids out of being killed down mines and in brick kiln yards. Did we do enough then to actually put Children into this new kind and loving category. If the old Victorian attitudes that a child is weak and vunerable and care homes like this can do exactly what they want with you - because you are a child and the opposite end where the young can terrorise whole estates because they can use the rights they have.

Sorry for long post.
Jennyfowler
New In Town

Postby fedrules » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:07 am

[quote][/quote]Does anyone know what the results of the carbon testing on the skull showed? When did date from?'

I read in my Weekly Telegraph a couple of weeks ago that it was thought to belong to a boy aged about 12-16(can't remember exactly) and that it dated from the 1980s.How sad is that?

Looks like Eddie got things right afterall if this article is true.The Panorama programme dedicated to this was so shocking and tragic..
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby fedrules » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:19 am

[quote][/quote]is the world turning into a darker place or has it always been that way '

Think it's always been this way:look at the poverty and cruelty that existed in Dicken's day,remember Nazi Germany's extermination of 6 million Jewish people..
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby cushty » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:21 pm

cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby laci » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:24 pm

fedrules wrote:
Does anyone know what the results of the carbon testing on the skull showed? When did date from?'

I read in my Weekly Telegraph a couple of weeks ago that it was thought to belong to a boy aged about 12-16(can't remember exactly) and that it dated from the 1980s.How sad is that?

Looks like Eddie got things right afterall if this article is true.The Panorama programme dedicated to this was so shocking and tragic..

fedrules i have just posted in 2345 thread
laci
Suspect

Next

Return to Crimes (New and Old), The Jersey Case and Heroes of Crime Detection