Jersey. Witness Intimidation.

Crimes of Present and Past Centuries and Heros of Crime Detection, Fingerprints to DNA, all information will be found here. Also a forum to discuss the ongoing investigation into the Childrens Home findings in Jersey

Jersey. Witness Intimidation.

Postby Kashmir » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:11 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Kashmir on Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kashmir
New In Town

Re: Jersey. Witness Intimidation.

Postby azrael72 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:02 pm

this shows how high the cover up goes....!!! no child being sent there stood a chance and the people who should of done something either closed their eyes to it or joined in..... :cry:
azrael72
Been Cautioned

Postby fedrules » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:50 pm

I may be wrong,but I'm not sure there was a cover-up.It's more likely that there was just no interest in what happened to these children and that nobody at the time felt they were worth listening to or believing if they ever did dare to complain of ill-treatment.Of course,the staff must have been aware of what was going on,but I'm not sure it went further than that.
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby anti-PhiloPastry » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:53 pm

How can you say Fedrules that it was just nobody cared?

I think it is a lot more than that. This is not just a few individual cases over a very short time. People knew about this abhorrent evil abuse and there were many reasons why they chose to look the other way. Some people were probably heavily involved, some knew and did not care, some may have known and felt they had no choice but to ignore and I bet there are a lot of people whose lives are wrecked because through intimidation knew they could say nothing for fear for themselves and family.

The true extent of this may never be know, as always happens when it involves people whose sole existence is based on money and their own reputation. There have been and still are too many of these scenarios involving children and the vulnerable of our society. It is easy pickings for those who wish to abuse, as who believes a child with a reputation with being unruly etc or a patient with a mental illness.

It cannot be easy for those who have been abused to come forward, but to then be intimidated or told you are exaggerating or worse making it up is pure torture because you are then sent back to the same people who now know that you are a liability to them and will make sure you do not do it again.

As we discuss this there will be many rewriting their own histories to cover their butts.
anti-PhiloPastry
Been Cautioned

Return to Crimes (New and Old), The Jersey Case and Heroes of Crime Detection