Is Sir Jimmy Saville Connected To The Jerey Abuse Case ?

Crimes of Present and Past Centuries and Heros of Crime Detection, Fingerprints to DNA, all information will be found here. Also a forum to discuss the ongoing investigation into the Childrens Home findings in Jersey

Is Sir Jimmy Saville Connected To The Jerey Abuse Case ?

Postby Achtung Baby » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:27 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 865421.ece

I find it very strange that he says he has never visited the home......

The picture is very sad, to think what some of them children must have gone through..........

It's just a reminder to us all that we must not take our eyes off the ball regarding getting justice for Maddy.............and the Twins..............
Hellothere is back......................

Nothing to fear and nothing to hide.................
Achtung Baby
First Time Offender

Re: Is Sir Jimmy Saville Connected To The Jerey Abuse Case ?

Postby Bobbi » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:42 am

I found his complete denial of ever visiting the home very strange even though the photograph clearly shows him there... very odd...
Bobbi
New In Town

Postby splodgeboy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:44 am

Didn't Jimmy have BLONDE hair not black
splodgeboy
Suspect

Postby Bobbi » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:55 am

Back in the 70s his hair was a natural dark blonde colour, not the bleach job he sported in later years
Bobbi
New In Town

Postby Bobbi » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:57 am

Bobbi
New In Town

Postby anti-PhiloPastry » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:09 am

Bobbi wrote:I found his complete denial of ever visiting the home very strange even though the photograph clearly shows him there... very odd...

I could understand if he has forgotten that he had been there, after all he visited various care home facilities over the years, but for his assistants to say that was not on his schedules, that does seem rather odd.
anti-PhiloPastry
Been Cautioned

Postby shesaidwhat » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:15 am

When interviewed Jimmy Saville has always said that he hates children. His reason? 'Because if you say anything else people start thinking you're up to something'. in other words, his fear of being labelled a paedophile has lead him to this statement.

if anyone saw him being interview by Louis Theroux (sp?) they will know what i mean.

This might just be another case of his denial on the subject of kids. He is a strange chap.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,36 ... 81,00.html

Savile rises from the bed to tell an anecdote from his book-reviewing days. "After a couple of weeks I said, 'I want to expose a book. It's for children and it's dreadful; there's this girl who's well underage and she takes up with a geezer who's yonks old and eventually they schlep off together.' "

What's the book?

"Wait a minute because you're the audience now," Savile chides. "Now bear in mind this was live TV, and I'm saying, personally, I don't think it's a good thing because I don't think an underage girl should be exhorted by her parents to strike up a relationship with a guy five, six, seven times older than she is. And the book - Peter Pan! I got the sack for that." He loves the story, laughs himself silly and hops back on to bed.
------------------------
The creepiest moment in the documentary occurs late at night when he thinks the camera is off, and he talks about the dancehall days. "I wouldn't stand for any nonsense whatsoever. Ever, ever. I never threw anybody out. Tied them up and put them down in the b****y boiler house until I was ready for them. Two o'clock in the ******* morning... We'd tie em up and then we'd come back and I was the judge, jury and executioner. If a copper came and said 'You were a bit heavy with those two guys', I'd say 'Your daughter comes in here, she's 16, she's not supposed to come into town. Presumably you'd like me to look after her. If you don't want me to look after her, tell me and I'll let them dirty slags do what they want to her.' "

-----------------

The press has dogged him for years, determined to pin some nastiness on him. Savile says they have failed miserably. Is he talking about the paedophile rumours? "Yes. Louis raised the subject. 'A lot of people think you're into little girls,' he said. 'No, I told him.' Well why did they think so? It could be that because I know all the pop stars. If a group of girls see me they will come round to ask me questions about their beloved because they know I'm the fella that's with them. From an outside point of view, they'll say 'Look at them young girls clambering round him'. They've got entirely the wrong context. If I said to any of them birds: 'I fancy giving you one', they'd be mortally horrified." He says he started telling people he couldn't stand children in order to deflect the rumours.
When we step out on to the pitch on Sunday, all friendships will be forgotten
shesaidwhat
On Parole

Postby horsegirl » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:31 am

The only rumour I have heard about Sir JS begins with the letter N. How can he deny being in that photo? Maybe he has memory problems 8)
horsegirl
First Time Offender

Postby shesaidwhat » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:45 am

I would hazard a guess that denying ever being there - when there were so many witnesses and photographic evidence is perhaps the stupidest thing in the world to do.

Maybe a statement such as "Oh my god, I feel so sad i was there and never knew anything of what these children were going through" would perhaps have been the best route to take.

Perhaps a spin doctor is in order. I have free time on Wednesdays.
shesaidwhat
On Parole

Postby diddy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:48 am

It's the sort of denial thatmakes you suspicious (IMO), because it is "over egged".
Just say "I can't remember" he's done a lot of work over the years, I'm sure that would be acceptable.
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby shesaidwhat » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:06 pm

Perhaps we are about to witness the re-birth of investigative journalism :shock: :lol:
shesaidwhat
On Parole

Postby diddy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Or a vicious story for the sake of it?
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby shesaidwhat » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:35 pm

yes. or that.

Silly me, I was just being optimistic.
shesaidwhat
On Parole

Postby SearchforJustice » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:36 pm

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=653930

The transcript is well-written and I can remember feeling shocked when I first read it. Savile is a strange man who lives a solitary existence; unlike myself, however, he has spent most of his adult life entertaining children. There are persistent, unfounded rumours that he is a necrophilic paedophile with a Norman Bates-esque fixation on his late mother. He inspires fear in a great many people. But so far there is no evidence that the information in the transcript is true or accurate
SearchforJustice
Suspect

Postby anti-PhiloPastry » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:45 pm

horsegirl wrote:The only rumour I have heard about Sir JS begins with the letter N. How can he deny being in that photo? Maybe he has memory problems 8)

I think we have heard the same rumours. Ne?
anti-PhiloPastry
Been Cautioned

Next

Return to Crimes (New and Old), The Jersey Case and Heroes of Crime Detection