COVER UP IN JERSEY ?

Crimes of Present and Past Centuries and Heros of Crime Detection, Fingerprints to DNA, all information will be found here. Also a forum to discuss the ongoing investigation into the Childrens Home findings in Jersey

COVER UP IN JERSEY ?

Postby laci » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:53 pm

For those interested in the case in Jersey

It has Just shown on local Channel Television

Jerseys Chief Minister Frank Walker called a press conference with the UK press in Jersey today. Locally it's reported he is unhappy with the Jeremy Paxman interview that went out on BBC

Senator Syvret (has been trying to raise awareness to child abuse on the Island) I believe he was tipped off to the press call by the UK press but was uninvited and took a seat alongside Senator Frank Walker

The English press were laughing as a politician tried to remove the seat from under Mr Syvret whilst Mr. Walker was explaining to the press he had not invited Mr. Syvret and would not enter a debate as the press were throwing questions to him. I don't believe the press call went ahead as the backdrop was removed you could see the press all in attendance and Mr. Syvret was left sat alone!

We did not see the press call just the farce!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid ... 30&bbcws=1

Link is to Paxman interview with Ester Rantzen and Frank Walker Chief Minister and Stuart Syvet

It has also been reported, that during the live link from the UK to Jersey Paxman interview with Mr. Walker and Mr. Syvret, the two states members had continued a conversation not realising the live link was continuing via sound and Mr. Walker was heard to say something along the lines of your damaging Jerseys reputation and Mr Syvret actually saying Frank this is children's bodies we are talking about.

I did not hear that. But it was reported locally
laci
Suspect

Re: COVER UP IN JERSEY ?

Postby cushty » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:19 pm

given the wealth and influence of many Jersey residents, who knows what sort of case this is going to turn into?

there are, I imagine, quite a lot of people who will be very keen on a cover-up

not just the perpetrators, but all their chums who protected them
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby laci » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:31 am

Hi Cushty

It stinks, and it's rotten but thank goodness all of these victims, for whatever reason finally feel they can freely talk it must be so, so hard and difficult for them, although I know none of the victims reported on personally, I would say a lot of them I have recognised and would know them to say hi to because you know either their family or you know someone who works with them etc it is just like that here. They really are brave to speak out publicly.

I don't have any idea how this is going to end, whether or not there will be more bodies at Haut De La Garenne, I hope not. it really does seem to be abuse spanning all eras, judging by the different ages of victims coming forward.

It's criminal I hope everyone involved in any aspect, of a cover up or having committed any offence is given the full sentence to the crimes. Clearly, there has been a cover up, just by the sheer numbers and the Instant denial of our Chief Minister of a cover up without investigation?

A good few years back I felt that we were having a lot of suicides of teenagers, they were jumping from the top of a car parks there was like a spate of them I always told my husband that I thought the majority of those would be linked to sexual abuse it was just a feeling I had.

What does count on Jersey (to those in power) is whom you know, how much money you have and the family name.
laci
Suspect

Postby Aresa » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:51 pm

I hope that justice prevails.

This blog is interesting!

http://stuartsyvret.blogspot.com/
Aresa
Suspect

Return to Crimes (New and Old), The Jersey Case and Heroes of Crime Detection