Suffolk murderer - Suzy Lamplugh

Crimes of Present and Past Centuries and Heros of Crime Detection, Fingerprints to DNA, all information will be found here. Also a forum to discuss the ongoing investigation into the Childrens Home findings in Jersey

Suffolk murderer - Suzy Lamplugh

Postby Mr.Shifter » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:59 pm

Did we know this all along - cos I've only just heard it on the news.

That Steve Wright (Guilty) worked on the QEII with Suzy Lamlugh :shock:
Mr.Shifter
Suspect

Re: Suffolk murderer - Suzy Lamplugh

Postby Meadow » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:06 pm

Hi

I had not heard that before, but I see ''they'' are thinking perhaps he might be linked to other missing girls.

But for Suzy's mother, Diana this will be heart-breaking news after all these years, and the excellent work in awareness she has done.

I see from this site: http://www.suzylamplugh.org/content.asp?PageID=1022
It was ws l986 that Suzy went missing and didn't really fit the MO of Steven Wright.
Meadow
Local Lag

Postby Mr.Shifter » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:14 pm

The 'trust' that Suzy's mother set up certainly has done good work. They continue to provide a relevant service and have 'moved with the times'.

I believe she now suffers from Alzheimer's - such a shame imo
Mr.Shifter
Suspect

Postby cushty » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:34 pm

this isn't the first time Suzy Lamplaugh's disappearance has been linked to another murderer - was John Cannon the name?

I wonder if they still have forensic evidence to test for DNA in these cold case files - it must be wonderful for the police if they can clear up such longstanding mysteries
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby Mr.Shifter » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:58 pm

cushty wrote:this isn't the first time Suzy Lamplaugh's disappearance has been linked to another murderer - was John Cannon the name?

I wonder if they still have forensic evidence to test for DNA in these cold case files - it must be wonderful for the police if they can clear up such longstanding mysteries
Agreed - he was the one that 'confessed' to burying her body under his Mother's patio or something - it wasn't there when the police checked or did he say that he'd left her in some random derelict building - can't quite remember the facts.

Yep, definitely great to clear up 'cold cases'. Similar in a way to how Steve Wright was arrested - a dna swab taken previously for a theft (£84) linked him to these girls' murders.
Mr.Shifter
Suspect

Postby cushty » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:05 pm

this case is going to be a huge asset to the Government in their push to establish a national DNA data base
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby ellibean » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:11 pm

We are also discussing this in 'what are you talking about'..

My post

I'm a bit baffled by the connection. I went to two talks that Suzy's mum gave many years after Suzy went missing. She said they knew who had killed her, a guy called John Cannan. He was put away for killing a woman in Bristol and she said that Cannan had telephoned her 2 or 3 times from prison and had tormented her about having killed her.

Very sadly Suzy's mum died from Alzheimers a few years ago now, but I truly admired her for all she did after Suzy disappeared.

Here is a link to show that I'm not making all that up Before 'source please' is shouted

http://www.hillingdontimes.co.uk/archiv ... h_case.php
Gerry's blog 28th Sept....It has been another busy week for Kate and I. Sean and Amelie have settled back into nursery, almost as if they have never been away.
ellibean
Local Lag

Return to Crimes (New and Old), The Jersey Case and Heroes of Crime Detection