Nathalee Holloway - case solved?

Crimes of Present and Past Centuries and Heros of Crime Detection, Fingerprints to DNA, all information will be found here. Also a forum to discuss the ongoing investigation into the Childrens Home findings in Jersey

Nathalee Holloway - case solved?

Postby KazLux » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Dutch crime reporter Peter R. de Vries claims to have solved the Nathalee Holloway case.
His program tonight will show a confession by Joran van der Sloot, filmed with hidden camera.
The program will be broadcast in the Netherlands in half an hour from now.
Will keep you posted here.

See here: http://www.peterrdevries.com

02 - 03 - 2008 / 4:00 p.m. (G.M.T.)

Peter R. DeVries
FINISHED!

- MATCH OF THE YEAR –

It's Sunday afternoon, almost half past one. Normally I would have attended the match of the year: The Amsterdam soccer team Ajax against the Rotterdam team Feyenoord.

I usually never miss it, but for the TV moment of the year I made an exception.

Wow, it's almost done now. We have finished the studio recordings, in which I present the up coming show. During the recording I began to feel the price of the hard work, I made some slips, so it took longer than normal to record. My colleague Kees van der Spek rushed to the studio to finish the montage. I joked: After that we'll bring this tape to the SBS studios, under full police surveillance. Imagine what would happen if this tape disappeared!

- ONE BIG JET FLAME -

Beth Twitty, who was my guest the last couple of days, has already left for the United States again. She will be appearing in a well known talk show tomorrow and could not stay any longer. I had a memorable time with her. On the Internet I've read some strange stories about Beth, but these don't fit with my experiences.

I'm glad we're ready to go. We needed every second the past three days, from Thursday, the moment it became known that we had a scoop, until now, but it feels like a long time to wait for this news. I realize this and understand the criticism and annoyance of some of our audience.

I have already written that the speed our story becoming world news surprised me. It wasn't a slow burn but a jet flame and then yes, three days becomes a boring wait. But it could not have gone any other way. The story simply was not finished yet.

It takes a lot of work to make a two hour documentary, even when you have the material in your pocket. Normally you need one hour for every one minute of edited material, so a report of 90 minutes costs 90 hours. That amounts to two full working weeks that Kees van der Spek and top editor Rick Lankreijer did in just a few days.

- COMING TO THE UNITED STATES -

In the editorial room we can now slow down a little bit. When it's finished, the tension is less. The only one still busy making phone calls is our 'press officer' Peter Schouten. With his P.A. Kelly he reflects about the American networks which want to have me appear on their shows. We'll be visiting the United States from Tuesday to Saturday with a large crew, to make a grand tour of TV shows and current affair programs.

Currently we are in negotiations with Oprah, Larry King (CNN), Good Morning America (ABC), Greta Van Susteren (Fox tv) The Today Show (ABC), The Early Show (CBS), America Most Wanted ( Fox Network), Court TV en de Nancy Grace Show. Some shows disappear and some new shows appear. Because they all have their own personal demands and preference for practical or personal reasons we can't always accommodate them.

We have to be selective. After all, we can only be in one place at a time. We'll also go to where Beth Twitty lives, Montgomery, Alabama. There are some interviews on the slate there as well.

All right, I will not reflect too much on the things to come, first and foremost, the coming show. I'll watch it tonight with my family and friends who are as curious to see it as everyone else. And noI haven't told or shown them anything yet.
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Re: Nathalee Holloway - case solved?

Postby celticcarla » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:46 am

Van deer sloot slipped up big time by saying that he lied on the tape which verifies the authenticity of it. stupid boy. guilty as and he wont be able to stay away from justice for ever. see the bit about disposing the body in the sea??? B*******d. Remember he couldnt account for not having his shoes at the time? wet wet wet :roll:
"We have a pact. This is our matter only. It is nobody else's business", says David Payne.
Gonçalo Amaral promises to clarify "all the lies created"
celticcarla
Mafia Boss

Postby KazLux » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Meet the Man Who Got Van Der Sloot to Talk About Holloway's Disappearance

Patrick van der Eef (sic) Gives the Inside Story to ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/2020/story ... 425&page=1
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby KazLux » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmNyRMUY ... 56&ref=rss

Natalee Holloway Peter Vries Joran Sloot Confession subtitle
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby KazLux » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:28 pm

http://www.peterrdevries.com/news-lifetime.htm

Once in a lifetime

- SEVEN MILLION -

This morning I was awakened by a constant stream of text messages which mentioned that the broadcast of last night had more then seven million viewers! This exceeds all expectations. I thought that 4.5 million would be the maximum, but expected that 3.8 million would be reality, which would have been outstanding as well. Seven million people, this is almost half the population of the Netherlands. "That's once in a life time", I told Endemol-director Paul Romer who called me to tell that he too was pretty excited. Also John de Mol, the man who ones contracted me for Endemol, sends me a text message from abroad: "Amazing. Congratulations. You should be very proud."

But of course they weren't the only one to give a reaction. Two seconds after the show, I received already more then 40 text messages. I watched the show at home with some close friends. And at our place the evening elapsed probably the same way as it did in million other living rooms. Sometimes we watched mouse-still, sometimes indignant, other times speechless and of course touched, especially when Natalee's mother started to speak.

- A SUPERB ACHIEVEMENT –

After the show me, my colleague Kees van der Spek and insider Patrick van der Eem were very relieved. We could let go weeks of tension and stress. This was the moment we had been working for. During the show we kept in contact with each other by text messages. Afterwards I phoned both of them, which were special moments. Of course I also had contact with our unprecedented camera man Marco Hoogenboom and sound technician Ron Vermeulen who was in charge of the hidden cameras and microphones. They have accomplished a mayor achievement. Because what if Joran confessed in the car, but al the equipment in the car hadn't worked. It usually was the most anxious moment of the day, when Patrick returned with the car and Ron checked if all the equipment had in fact worked. This moment usually took a while as the equipment was hidden so well, that it wasn't easy to reach. At those times we were biting our nails while waiting until Ron put up his thumb and confirmed that everything had worked. Nerve-wracking moments.

- BETH TWITTY –

Of course I also contacted Beth Twitty, the mother of Natalee, last night. She is back in the United States now. I told her that the Dutch audience watched the show in large numbers and responded very shocked and told her that Joran is now definitely exposed. She sent me a very nice text message; I will keep the content of the message to myself.
To her the confession of Joran is, at least for this moment, the closure of the case.

Pastry had arrived in the editorial room when I came in this morning and all my colleagues reacted very enthusiastic on the broadcast. They have sympathized immensely, have often been working long hours to answer all the phone calls and have been a great help to Kees and me. That's nice to experience. Such a happening strengthens the team-spirit.

- TO AMERICA? -

The American press also watched the show in great numbers yesterday and we notice this by the amount of phone calls we receive from the States. The negotiations about me going to the US are difficult and that irritates me. The shows over there have all kinds of demands regarding exclusivity and rights. If you go with them, that implies not with us and vice versa. The trip to America costs a lot of energy and time and I have to be sparing in this. When a bottleneck shows up for the hundredth time, I told press officer Peter Schouten: "Call the whole thing off. I can't take this trouble. It's busy enough in the Netherlands already. They require lots of things, but perhaps we should do the same. If they want something, let them come over here." Well we'll see how this all ends, but I will not do everything to be on television in the United States, that's not me anymore. And furthermore, there's still quite a lot of work in the Netherlands to be done..!
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby KazLux » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby KazLux » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:29 pm

Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby KazLux » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby KazLux » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:30 pm

http://www.equivocationnation.blogspot.com/
Monday, 4 February 2008
Natalee Holloway Update 35: Joran's house searched. Peter R. De Vries calls for Joran 'to come clean' Arubans guarded at press conference.

Joran van der Sloot's last known address, his house in Arnhem, has been searched at the request of the Aruban Justice department. Police have also searched his Grandmother's house where he was reportedly staying over the weekend. The apartment complex in Drachten where he is reported to be right now is being secured by a private security firm and the police. This just in... the apartment complex is not van der Sloot's location, the dutch news has just released an interview with the inhabitant of the apartment, it's all a misunderstanding due to the fact that his name is Johan.

Peter R. De Vries recently said in an interview; "Even if this all a lie....I don't think so. There is no one in the world you are going to impress with a story like that. It's going to be hard after lying for so long, to his parents, to everyone, but he has to come clean, now more than ever."

The press conference by the Aruban prosecutors was remarkably less optimistic than the interview with Hans Mos. "They are being cautious.." Lex Runderkamp, legal expert told the NOS journaal. "They can't convict him yet, and before they can arrest him they need more."
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby KazLux » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:31 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4239135&page=1

Holloway Prosecutor to Seek New Arrest Warrant
Aruban Prosecutor to Appeal a Judge's Decision Denying Him a Warrant for Joran Van der Sloot
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby Oma » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:32 pm

7 million viewers and I missed it...Joran is in deep s h* t...
I loved the replays in the news tonight of the live chat where he admitted too much, the a crim. psych. who commented on body language! ( rtl4.)
Peter de "Freeze" is wel blij...huge news here.
TC
o
Oma
You're Nicked

Postby KazLux » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:37 pm

Hallo Oma,
yes, it was BOMBSHELL news, eh.

I'm looking forward to NOVA and Pauw & Witteman this evening - and also to the reactions from the USA, when ABC has broadcast the programme later today.

I guess they'll have to * beep * out half of what was said, and i wonder what, if anything, they'll do about the reefers, lol.
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby Oma » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:18 pm

Hallo Oma,
yes, it was BOMBSHELL news, eh.

I'm looking forward to NOVA and Pauw & Witteman this evening - and also to the reactions from the USA, when ABC has broadcast the programme later today.

I guess they'll have to * beep * out half of what was said, and i wonder what, if anything, they'll do about the reefers, lol.

Hi kazlux, someone has to put this up on you tube, I won't see anything from NOVA.
Mega news, only here, they forget a lot of inconvenient facts and the protection Jo gets, his judge lawyers dad or we never heard how rich the Mom got from Nats. death..she kind of sent her on a death sentence and Joran admitted to leaving her and pitching her in the sea...I don't think it's "stoer-gedrag"
either...Peter de Vries is brilliant.
Groetjes
Oma
You're Nicked

Postby KazLux » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:50 am

here's today's spoof of the Joram confessions & translation of the subtitles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9lhaoaL4SY

'my daddy has a Ferrari - 2 Ferrari's, AND a Porsche'
'I was born in a wrong body'
'As a child, i owned 2 little tyrannosaurus rex', in a terrarium'
'I was in the same class with Harry Potter - at the magic school you know?
'Maddy McCann? me!'
'**** I've bitten a grown horse to death once'
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby KazLux » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:58 pm

Thurs: New Holloway Evidence
A shocking, taped admission from Joran van der Sloot may explain what happened to Natalee Holloway! Larry talks to the journalist who uncovered the story. Plus, Natalee's mother, Beth Holloway.

http://edition.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/larry.king.live/
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Next

Return to Crimes (New and Old), The Jersey Case and Heroes of Crime Detection