Jeffrey macDonald

Crimes of Present and Past Centuries and Heros of Crime Detection, Fingerprints to DNA, all information will be found here. Also a forum to discuss the ongoing investigation into the Childrens Home findings in Jersey

Jeffrey macDonald

Postby cushty » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:22 pm

anyone interested in discussing this case, or indeed any other classic crime?

murder and murder trials have been my Mastermind subject for decades, long before the McCanns were ever heard of
cushty
Mafia Boss

Re: Jeffrey macDonald

Postby bjr » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:07 pm

If you would like to post up all the information you have, I would be most appreciative, I do like crime cases as well.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Postby anti-PhiloPastry » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:15 pm

I am not up to date with the Jeffrey MacDonald case. He was presumed innocent for a while and then found guilty wasn't he?

Other cases that have fascinated me

Jon Benet Ramsay - Very sad, at the time thought the parents were innocent and treated mercilessly by the media, but I was young back then, now I have read more about it I lean towards a case similar to the McCanns.

Lori Peterson - another fake abduction. Another murder that I cannot get my head around.

Trenton Ducket - Have not checked recently but he seemed to disappear too!
anti-PhiloPastry
Been Cautioned

Postby cushty » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:24 pm

'Fatal Vision' by Joe McGinniss is the definitive account of the MacDonald case - it was turned into an excelllent docu/drama too

MacDonald was an army doctor (!) who was initially charged with the murder of his wife and two young daughters (5 and 2,both blonde) and tried by the army, who acquitted him - his father in law persisted in demanding a retrial, however, and eventually got his way nine years later, when MacDonald was found guilty

MacDonald claims this book and docu had prejudiced his appeal, and personally I think it's the best examination of a murder case I have ever read (and I've read hundreds)

loads on the internet - parallels too with the McCanns, in that there are pro and anti sites aplenty!

the prosecution case was largely dependent on blood groupings, and the discrediting of MacDonald's alternative suspects - they too were highly creepy!
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby benidicta » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:46 pm

have you been on to jeffrey macDonalds web site, it gives you a run down on the case from his defence teams perspective its worth a look
SUNSHINE
MOONLIGHT
GOODTIMES
BUGGY
THEY JUST CANT HELP THEMSELVES
benidicta
First Time Offender

Return to Crimes (New and Old), The Jersey Case and Heroes of Crime Detection