The mystery of the murder in the park

Crimes of Present and Past Centuries and Heros of Crime Detection, Fingerprints to DNA, all information will be found here. Also a forum to discuss the ongoing investigation into the Childrens Home findings in Jersey

The mystery of the murder in the park

Postby harmony » Wed May 21, 2008 9:05 pm

The wife of a highly respected doctor is found viciously battered to death in a park.
Who did it?
8 pages of excellent crime reporting.
(with some disputed blood and DNA forensics too)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14102053/
harmony
You're Nicked

Re: The mystery of the murder in the park

Postby chimaera » Wed May 21, 2008 9:14 pm

Bookmarked this, harmony. Worth a read. Thanks.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby Laffin Assasin » Wed May 21, 2008 10:52 pm

I haven't read it yet, but I'll bump it for tomorrow. :bounce:
Laffin Assasin
Mafia Boss

Postby potsy » Thu May 22, 2008 12:37 am

Strange, we had a case in my hometown several months ago, about 50 miles west of NYC. Mother took daughter (about 10 yrs old) to the nearest park, which is swampland, strangled her...then went and hung herself. The father was home with the son. The police found the daughter and she was still alive and survived!!! Thank goodness! Now, this was in a very upscale area. The family were professionals.

Just mentioned it, because it does happen in all levels of society. The news stopped, hushed up. I think to save the children from anymore publicity. So sad....

I think the mother was suffering from depression.... Could this be the case with k or g also?
potsy
Mafia Boss

Postby Factfinder » Thu May 22, 2008 9:21 am

potsy wrote:Strange, we had a case in my hometown several months ago, about 50 miles west of NYC. Mother took daughter (about 10 yrs old) to the nearest park, which is swampland, strangled her...then went and hung herself. The father was home with the son. The police found the daughter and she was still alive and survived!!! Thank goodness! Now, this was in a very upscale area. The family were professionals.

Just mentioned it, because it does happen in all levels of society. The news stopped, hushed up. I think to save the children from anymore publicity. So sad....

I think the mother was suffering from depression.... Could this be the case with k or g also?

I have always thought that Kate was suffering from post natal depression and maybe had been since the birth of Madeleine. Them being the apparent perfectionists that they seem, maybe either she would not admit that there was something wrong, or gerry didnt want her to seek help becuase the 'perfect family' cover would then be blown open wide for all to see the true reality. Until recently she had always seemed detatched and distant, cold and unemotional. She does not seem very maternal or seem to have a close bond with any of their children.
Something else I noticed also was Madeleines hair, it is never tied up or made to look pretty, with clips , slides or bows etc. I have three daughters and have spent hours and hours of enjoyable time, plaiting , curling aqnd preening their hair, much to their delight. little girls love to look pretty and I am sure that Madeleine was no different. Kate obviously couln't give a damn, even though she seems to spend an awful lot of time styling her own hair, putting on make up, jewellery etc. She even stated in one of her latest interviews that Madeleine would say, "oh, Mommy, I love your top" or " I love your earrings".

Little girls love pretty things, pink things, they want to be ballerinas, fairies and princesses. Something was definitely amiss in the McCann household. :(
Factfinder
New In Town

Postby harmony » Thu May 22, 2008 2:18 pm

The points of interest on this Wellesley case are too numerous to list. So I mention just one:

The perpetrator performed a whole series of actions which were illogical. Could easily have come up with a much much better plan. The biggest mistake alot of people make in examining the PDL case is imo that people assume everything that night was carefully planned and logical. Whereas imo it was the exact opposite.
harmony
You're Nicked

Return to Crimes (New and Old), The Jersey Case and Heroes of Crime Detection