breaking news sky-Jersey Bones press conference 21/05/08 4pm

Crimes of Present and Past Centuries and Heros of Crime Detection, Fingerprints to DNA, all information will be found here. Also a forum to discuss the ongoing investigation into the Childrens Home findings in Jersey

Re: breaking news sky-Jersey Bones press conference 21/05/08 4pm

Postby Impartial » Thu May 22, 2008 11:20 am

beachy wrote:
I don't often post information from my police sources, but I shall do it now, because this needs to be put to rest.

Why is it that as soon as questions regarding the british police force and possible involvement are raised, you are always there to dismiss and state that there is no reason to worry about and that its best to stop questioning? I dont mean to be rude but I think even Beachy can and should be questioned as to her motives. You defended the Leicestershire Police very vehemently although it was reported that at least one leak existed within the force that supplied info to the McCanns.

If there are 3 top policemen committing suicide within a week I am sure it is very legitimate to ask questions and the only thing that surprises me is that there are no public questions being asked. No papers reporting and questioning except slight hinting by Martin Brunt. THIS is the suspicious factor... And to say this needs to be put to rest is defying this very forum because it is the reason we are here, to ask the questions that are avoided by the media and officials.

I would just like to pick the death of Neil Munro as an example of what questions could be asked. "Chronic" depression was testified but without citing any clinical sources. Certainly it would have been testified at the inquest by some doctors if it was chronical and not just by general hearsay. Depression is always a good excuse as it is surrounded by shame and secrecy. Another point is that it was reported in the early articles that he had suffered from severe head injuries which disappeared in the later reporting and death by drowning was attested.

I also found it extremely strange that he must have jumped the ferry within the harbour, at no point more than 300 yards away from land. He was found at the beach of Panorama Road. You would have thought that if he wanted to commit suicide he would have waited for deeper waters with no chances of reaching the shore by swimming.
http://maps.google.de/maps?hl=de&q=Pool ... 1&ct=image

To assume that a 43-year old cop would let himself be influenced by a copy-cat suicide is ridiculous, sorry.

I am not claiming any connection between the 3 deaths and/or the Jersey case but it should be allowed to ask questions. In the Munro case I feel there are still some open questions.

added:
this is the man on whos property Neil Munros body was found
http://www.insidermedia.com/productsand ... index.html
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Postby fedrules » Thu May 22, 2008 11:26 am

Eddie seems pretty reliable afterall.Cadaver dogs are also being used at the moment to search the former ranch of Charles Manson for human remains...
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby pakeha2007 » Thu May 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Bravo, Eddie.
God bless you and your work.
Several posters have mentioned about Press smears of the victims.
Can this true? Could someone shout a link to this?
pakeha2007
First Time Offender

Postby beachy » Thu May 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Impartial wrote:
beachy wrote:
I don't often post information from my police sources, but I shall do it now, because this needs to be put to rest.

Why is it that as soon as questions regarding the british police force and possible involvement are raised, you are always there to dismiss and state that there is no reason to worry about and that its best to stop questioning? I dont mean to be rude but I think even Beachy can and should be questioned as to her motives. You defended the Leicestershire Police very vehemently although it was reported that at least one leak existed within the force that supplied info to the McCanns.

If there are 3 top policemen committing suicide within a week I am sure it is very legitimate to ask questions and the only thing that surprises me is that there are no public questions being asked. No papers reporting and questioning except slight hinting by Martin Brunt. THIS is the suspicious factor... And to say this needs to be put to rest is defying this very forum because it is the reason we are here, to ask the questions that are avoided by the media and officials.

I would just like to pick the death of Neil Munro as an example of what questions could be asked. "Chronic" depression was testified but without citing any clinical sources. Certainly it would have been testified at the inquest by some doctors if it was chronical and not just by general hearsay. Depression is always a good excuse as it is surrounded by shame and secrecy. Another point is that it was reported in the early articles that he had suffered from severe head injuries which disappeared in the later reporting and death by drowning was attested.

I also found it extremely strange that he must have jumped the ferry within the harbour, at no point more than 300 yards away from land. He was found at the beach of Panorama Road. You would have thought that if he wanted to commit suicide he would have waited for deeper waters with no chances of reaching the shore by swimming.
http://maps.google.de/maps?hl=de&q=Pool ... 1&ct=image

To assume that a 43-year old cop would let himself be influenced by a copy-cat suicide is ridiculous, sorry.

I am not claiming any connection between the 3 deaths and/or the Jersey case but it should be allowed to ask questions. In the Munro case I feel there are still some open questions.

added:
this is the man on whos property Neil Munros body was found
http://www.insidermedia.com/productsand ... index.html

Impartial, I never said that no one had the right to ask questions. The post to which I was responding mentioned the conspiracy theories about these suicides which are running rampant on the internet; that, in my opinion, is what needs to be laid to rest. These three men had never worked in the same place, were not associated with any of the same cases, and people who worked with them do not believe they even knew each other. There seems to be no common thread amongst them, other than the fact that they were all British policemen.

I think that perhaps the press SHOULD be asking questions, and engaging professionals such as psychologists, psychiatrists, and people in positions of leadership in the UK police in the discussion as well. But conjuring up possible links to the horror story in Jersey or the 7/7 bombings or David Kelly's death or other matters that these men do not appear to have had any involvement with whatsoever does not seem to me to be the way to get to the bottom of the problem. What we need to know is whether appropriate systems are in place to assist British coppers who need help and support for mental and psychological illnesses and personal issues. Everyone has problems, but police work is very stressful, and such stress, added to the normal difficulties of daily life, can be enough to push some vulnerable individuals over the edge. Can we identify them before something drastic happens? Are there provisions for getting them appropriate help that do not endanger their careers or their pensions? How can we change the culture of the police so that seeking help is seen as a sign of maturity and intelligence, not weakness? To me, that makes much more sense than speculating about whether, for example, poor Neil Munro could have been part of a conspiracy to cover up the events at Haut de la Garenne, when the place closed before he ever joined the force. I do not expect to see the press asking such questions, however, because they do not involve the type of sensationalism that sells papers these days.

As to Leicester, check your PMs.
beachy
Hardened Criminal

Postby roisin » Thu May 22, 2008 4:18 pm

beachy wrote:
Impartial, I never said that no one had the right to ask questions. The post to which I was responding mentioned the conspiracy theories about these suicides which are running rampant on the internet; that, in my opinion, is what needs to be laid to rest. These three men had never worked in the same place, were not associated with any of the same cases, and people who worked with them do not believe they even knew each other. There seems to be no common thread amongst them, other than the fact that they were all British policemen.

I think that perhaps the press SHOULD be asking questions, and engaging professionals such as psychologists, psychiatrists, and people in positions of leadership in the UK police in the discussion as well. But conjuring up possible links to the horror story in Jersey or the 7/7 bombings or David Kelly's death or other matters that these men do not appear to have had any involvement with whatsoever does not seem to me to be the way to get to the bottom of the problem. What we need to know is whether appropriate systems are in place to assist British coppers who need help and support for mental and psychological illnesses and personal issues. Everyone has problems, but police work is very stressful, and such stress, added to the normal difficulties of daily life, can be enough to push some vulnerable individuals over the edge. Can we identify them before something drastic happens? Are there provisions for getting them appropriate help that do not endanger their careers or their pensions? How can we change the culture of the police so that seeking help is seen as a sign of maturity and intelligence, not weakness? To me, that makes much more sense than speculating about whether, for example, poor Neil Munro could have been part of a conspiracy to cover up the events at Haut de la Garenne, when the place closed before he ever joined the force. I do not expect to see the press asking such questions, however, because they do not involve the type of sensationalism that sells papers these days.

As to Leicester, check your PMs.

Thank you for this beachy. I am among those who tend to look for connections between events that end up being totally unrelated... and in this case, I think I was wrong to think aloud about these tragic suicides. Disrespectful on my part and I apologize.

Some days the whole world just looks so damned f***ed up.
"Their reluctance to return to Portugal is a clear sign that they are guilty."
roisin
Local Lag

Postby Impartial » Thu May 22, 2008 4:43 pm

I don't think I would want to connect any one of those policemen to any incident without proof, but to be suspicious about 3 suicides that are being put down to "personal problems" is only natural and to not question them seems not fair on these policemen either I think. But I guess it would be up to their respective families to start questioning...

As to my PM-Box... nothing arrived.
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Previous

Return to Crimes (New and Old), The Jersey Case and Heroes of Crime Detection