breaking news sky-Jersey Bones press conference 21/05/08 4pm

Crimes of Present and Past Centuries and Heros of Crime Detection, Fingerprints to DNA, all information will be found here. Also a forum to discuss the ongoing investigation into the Childrens Home findings in Jersey

Re: breaking news sky-Jersey Bones press conference 21/05/08 4pm

Postby Renoir » Wed May 21, 2008 4:52 pm

Sad, sad, sad.
Thank God for dogs such as these - uncovering what otherwise would never have come to light. :(

And yet more inappropriate behaviour by the press, it seems - what a surprise!
Renoir
Suspect

Postby PantsOfGanga » Wed May 21, 2008 6:13 pm

Truly sickening - I don't even know where to start on the scum that perpetrated and covered up this systematic abuse and betrayal of vulnerable children - it's horrific.

And neither the editorial team nor the hack that wrote the story about the bones being coconut shell, thus discrediting the suffering of all those children and the reputation of Eddie, will either apologise or lose a wink of sleep due to a pain in the conscience. Ahhh, journalism means never having to say your sorry - unless it's the McCanns you've upset of course.
Thought for the day: Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
PantsOfGanga
On Parole

Postby Celtic fairy » Wed May 21, 2008 6:17 pm

What if the child was already dead and put there recently. Like within the last year. It's just a thought that crossed my mind.
'That's so plausible I can't believe it.' Leela Futurama
Celtic fairy
Been Cautioned

Postby PantsOfGanga » Wed May 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Celtic fairy wrote:What if the child was already dead and put there recently. Like within the last year. It's just a thought that crossed my mind.

I could be wrong, but I think the teeth were found in the cellar rooms that had been bricked up for years.
Thought for the day: Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
PantsOfGanga
On Parole

Postby Impartial » Wed May 21, 2008 6:57 pm

There are loads of sites connecting the jersey case with the 3 senior policemen committing suicide within one week. Mainly conspirational theory sites. Was there ever anything hinted in a proper paper or other news source? Not that I would really consider them proper, but a bit more trustworthy...
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Postby lj » Wed May 21, 2008 7:05 pm

mirameauII wrote:
Coldwater wrote:The depths of human depravity - never far away. This sort of thing always upsets us, because it shows just how thin the veneer of humanity really is.

is that from a priest or from your source?

I think your veneer is peeling.
*Soon, very soon the world will know the "Truth about the Lie" and "we will gain truth and justice for a little girl who has no voice", dead on the evening of May 3rd at apartment 5A, Ocean Club, Praia da Luz, Algarve, Portugal"*
lj
Local Lag

Re: breaking news sky - Jersey Bones

Postby beachy » Wed May 21, 2008 7:38 pm

OurLadyofFatima wrote:Kyrie eleison, Christe eleison I can't stand it

My sentiments exactly. This has upset me no end. Those poor children, abandoned by their families, by society - everyone.
beachy
Hardened Criminal

Postby beachy » Wed May 21, 2008 7:41 pm

paulosgirl wrote:So Eddie WAS right! :bounce:

Yes, apparently he was. Eddie alerted to cadaver scent in the cellar. He can't turn to his handler and say, "Ignore that bit over there: it's wood or coconut."
beachy
Hardened Criminal

Postby beachy » Wed May 21, 2008 7:45 pm

CaboFrio wrote:Jersey Bones press conference - anymore news on his tour dates?

I saw him at Mothers in Erdington, 1969 - talk about slide guitar, the man's a legend.

CaboFrio, no offence. I admire your wit and have gotten a laugh from your posts many times, but this is not the thread for humour. This is a real tragedy, and it appears to be shaping up to be many times the order of magnitude of the Madeleine McCann case.
beachy
Hardened Criminal

Postby tylersmum » Wed May 21, 2008 7:51 pm

beachy wrote:

Yes, apparently he was. Eddie alerted to cadaver scent in the cellar. He can't turn to his handler and say, "Ignore that bit over there: it's wood or coconut."

It is probable that once Eddie indicated in a particular area the police then gathered everything in that area up be it bone or wood.
What is not probable is that the forensic scientist did not instantly notice the difference.
They would look nothing alike under a microscope.
tylersmum
Mafia Boss

Postby Impartial » Wed May 21, 2008 9:08 pm

tylersmum wrote:
beachy wrote:

It is probable that once Eddie indicated in a particular area the police then gathered everything in that area up be it bone or wood.
What is not probable is that the forensic scientist did not instantly notice the difference.
They would look nothing alike under a microscope.

The spin has already started. You will see more of this in the next couple of weeks and months.
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Postby madgeo » Wed May 21, 2008 9:09 pm

If by chance there are any victims of these awful crimes out there who are reading this then i woudl like to show my support to your courage. Words cannot describe my outrage that this has happend and has been allowed to continue for so long. I pray that you remain strong and firm in the belief that there is also good out there which i sincerely hope you are seeing now. I hope that by this coming to light may highlight what goes on and maybe it will help to put a stop to it.

I hope that an established charity starts a fund to support you in what you may need to come to terms with your experiences.
madgeo

Postby Impartial » Wed May 21, 2008 9:10 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 981112.ece

Children were dismembered and burnt, say Jersey police
Simon de Bruxelles

Dozens of fragments of human bone found in the cellar of a former Jersey children's home are believed to be the remains of children who were murdered, dismembered and then cremated in a fireplace, the detective leading the investigation into child abuse said yesterday.

The remains, which included children's teeth, were found during an excavation of the underground rooms where former residents claim they were physically and sexually abused. Some fragments show signs of having been cut up and burnt.

The announcement comes after it was disclosed that the fragment of skull that led to the search is more likely to be a piece of wood or coconut shell than bone.

The Haut de la Garenne home, which closed in 1983, is at the centre of the investigation into abuse spanning a period of more than 30 years.
Related Links

* Jersey child abuse probe finds bone and teeth

* 'Bloodstained items' found at Jersey hostel

* 'Culture of concealment' divides Jersey as abuse scandal grows

Deputy chief officer Lenny Harper said a total of 30 bone fragments and seven teeth had been found in one of the cellars. The bones will now undergo scientific examination to determine their age and the age of the child or children they may have come from. DNA testing may also make it possible to identify possible victims.

More than 160 people have come forward to claim they were abused at the home. Police searching the cellars, which had been sealed up, have found a blood-stained concrete bath and iron shackles that supported some of the accounts of victims.

A network of four underground chambers have now been investigated after a police sniffer dog indicated the presence of human remains. On a wooden post in one of the rooms that is thought to have been used to imprison children was scrawled the message "I've been bad for years and years".

Police revealed yesterday that the number of people suspected of involvement in child abuse has increased from 40 to 70, although so far only one man has been arrested in connection with Haut de la Garenne.

Gordon Claude Wateridge, 76, originally from Croydon, South London, is charged with three offences of indecent assault on girls under 16 between 1969 and 1979, when he was warder at the home.

A second man has also been arrested as part of the wider abuse inquiry. Claude Donnelly, 68, of St Brelade, is charged with raping and sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl between 1971 and 1974 on the island.

All the other suspects will be questioned and most of them will be arrested, say police.

Mr Harper said: "Some of the bones do indicate a homicide or an unexplained death. Our anthropologist has indicated certain features on one or two of the bones that we are looking at. There is no doubt that there are the remains of children in that cellar."

Speaking at a briefing outside Haut de la Garenne, he gave further details of the latest conclusions from scientific tests on bone fragments and teeth that were found.

Mr Harper said: "Of the six teeth we have sent to the UK, five of these would not be able to come out naturally before death. Only one shows signs of decay. The rest have so much root attached they could not have come out naturally."

He added: "Experts say that they have come out of more than one mouth."

Mr Harper said: "What is causing us some concern is that one or two of the bones show signs of being part of an unexplained death."

Some of the bones had been cut, he said. "A lot of bones appear to have some degree of burning to them," he added. "A number were found in and around where we believe was a fireplace in the cellar area."

Tests to age the suspected victims have so far been inconclusive, with estimates ranging from before the Second World War to as recent as the Seventies and Eighties.

Mr Harper said: "Whatever else, we have a dead child or dead children in that cellar. We do not know how they got there or how they died."
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Postby Arguida » Thu May 22, 2008 1:01 am

bump
Arguida
Been Cautioned

Postby beachy » Thu May 22, 2008 3:45 am

Impartial wrote:There are loads of sites connecting the jersey case with the 3 senior policemen committing suicide within one week. Mainly conspirational theory sites. Was there ever anything hinted in a proper paper or other news source? Not that I would really consider them proper, but a bit more trustworthy...

I don't often post information from my police sources, but I shall do it now, because this needs to be put to rest.

There are all sorts of rumours making the rounds amongst conspiracy theorists, especially since Michael Todd, the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester, played a part in the investigation into whether Britain knowingly allowed the U.S. to use British airports for the CIA's "extraordinary rendition" flights carrying terrorist suspects.

Obviously, I don't know every copper in England, but the ones I do know do not believe there was any direct connection amongst these three apparent suicides, nor any relation to the situation in Jersey. None of the officers involved had ever worked in Jersey, and so far as I have been able to learn, if they knew each other, it was happenstance from some sort of casual meeting at a conference or similar event.

Michael Todd had a chaotic personal life, to say the least. I don't think it's becoming to speak ill of the dead, but suffice it is to say that the fellow was, ahem, well-known before he ever went on that ill-advised hike in Snowdonia. He left suicide notes addressed to his family. The inquest into his death showed that he was quite drunk at the time of his death.

I have heard that Richard Fuller was very sad and disappointed over the fact that late in his career, in 2006, after more than 25 years on the force, he was investigated for allegedly using excessive force. A suspect accused Fuller of putting his boot on his head during an arrest. Magistrates cleared Fuller, but that sort of thing can be a real blow, especially after you've been an exemplary officer for years, as he apparently had. Also, he was said to be very worried about his only son, who was serving in Iraq at the time he apparently shot himself. Sad situation, that.

Neil Munro was the youngest of the three and the one that really has people wondering what was afoot. From what I've been able to learn of him, he was a nice fellow, with a wife and baby son that he doted on. There was testimony at the coroner's inquest into his death that he was suffering from chronic depression. Depression is an insidious thing, and it is far from unknown amongst the police. To an outsider, it may have looked as if Neil Munro had everything to live for - solid career, nice family - but he may not have seen it that way.

Police work takes a toll. The pay is not great, the hours are atrocious, and the strains on both one's family life and personal life can be considerable. Some people can deal with it, some cannot. Also, as with other types of suicides, amongst young people, for example, there can be something of a copycat effect. Munro almost surely had heard about Fuller and Todd before he boarded that ferry, as that kind of news travels fast within the force.
beachy
Hardened Criminal

PreviousNext

Return to Crimes (New and Old), The Jersey Case and Heroes of Crime Detection