Princess Diana drive had litre of wine

The Royal Family, past and presnet. Princess Diana Inquest. News and all related articles

Princess Diana drive had litre of wine

Postby bjr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:51 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories ... -20294230/

Princess Diana's driver's 'had litre of wine'
By Adrian Shaw 22/01/2008

Princess Diana's chauffeur may have drunk at least a bottle and a half of wine the night he died, the inquest into her death heard yesterday.

Toxicology expert Professor Robert Forrest said Henri Paul could have had up to eight alcoholic drinks.

His blood alcohol levels were almost twice the drink-drive limit for UK motorists and more than three times for French drivers.

Prof Forrest told the London hearing Henri Paul may have had six drinks while off duty and then two 50ml glasses of the aniseed liqueur Ricard when he was called back to the Ritz Hotel, Paris, around 10pm.

Advertisement
Prof Forrest said: "If you said a litre of wine, that might be the sort of figure that would be a rough estimate of the amount of wine that he might have drunk between going off duty and coming back on duty."

Asked by Nicholas Hilliard, representing the inquest, what effect two Ricards would have on a person's driving ability, Prof Forrest replied: "I would not willingly have got in a car with someone who had two Ricards." Inquest continues.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Re: Princess Diana drive had litre of wine

Postby bjr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:53 am

From Press Association

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM ... LQEFWHEsFA

Diana crash driver 'over the limit'
9 hours ago

Henri Paul may have drunk at least a bottle and a half of wine before taking the wheel in the doomed car journey that killed Diana, Princess of Wales, her inquest has been told.

In the hours before the fatal crash Mr Paul could have had up to eight alcoholic drinks, leaving him with blood alcohol levels almost twice the drink-drive limit for UK motorists and more than three times for French.

British toxicology expert Professor Robert Forrest said the driver may have had six drinks while off duty, in addition to the two he had when called back to the Ritz hotel in Paris around 10pm, after Diana and Dodi Fayed unexpectedly turned up.

He told the hearing: "If you said a litre of wine, that might be the sort of figure that would be a rough estimate of the amount of wine that he might have drunk between going off duty and coming back on duty (two and a half hours later)."

Prof Forrest said that equated to just over five pints of beer, but stressed it could be more or less.

When Mr Paul arrived at the Ritz in Paris, where he was acting head of security, bar staff served him a further two 50-millilitre measures of the aniseed liqueur Ricard.

Asked by Nicholas Hilliard, representing the inquest, what effect just two Ricards would have on a person's driving ability, Prof Forrest replied: "I would not willingly have got in a car with someone who had two Ricards."

Mr Paul had 176 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood; the legal limit in the UK is 80 milligrams while it is 50 milligrams in France, the hearing was told.

The alcohol consumption estimates came with a strong health warning from Prof Forrest who described them as "quite imprecise".

This is because they can only be based on a range of factors, some are still unknown, which vary from individual to individual. Physique and metabolism came into play as well as the fact that alcohol could be produced in the body after death, the jury were told. The inquest continues.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Postby Groom1 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:25 pm

The trouble with this inquest is that anyone following reports of proceedings doesn't know quite what to believe. They were getting engaged. No they weren't. Prince Phillip was her bestest friend. No he wasn't. Henri Paul was drunk. Henri Paul wasn't drunk.

Dodi Fayed bought her an engagement ring. He didn't buy a ring. He did buy a ring but it wasn't an engagement ring. Friends say that she denied engagement - but her moods and fancies were in constant flux anyway. Who knows what the woman had decided by the time they travelled to France.

Henri Paul is supposed to have had huge amounts of carbon monoxide in his bloodstream:danger. No it isn't dangerous, he was a heavy smoker..... on and on.

The paparazzi were reponsible for the crash. No they weren't. They impeded the ambulance teams efforts to treat the passengers. No they didn't. Di spoke before she died. No she didn't.

A driver claimed he saw a blinding flash of light. No he didn't - he's a well known fantasist and his word cannot be relied upon. Jewellery and cocaine were found in the car. No they weren't.

It's a morass of contradictory statements from those who insist they know best. :? :shock: :?
Groom1
First Time Offender

Postby Arbiter » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:28 pm

Is this alochol level taken from the same blood sample as the impossible CO2 levels?
Arbiter
On Parole

Alcohol and carbon monoxide

Postby Prideaux » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:33 pm

The discrepancies regarding how much alcohol the driver had in his blood might be explained by what one of the pathologists said in the inquest. Apparently some of the blood samples were taken not from the heart, but from the abdominal cavity. What this means is that alcohol in Henri Paul's stomach could have leaked into the blood sample giving an odd reading. I don't know whether this would also have skewed the carbon monoxide readings as well.
Prideaux
New In Town

Postby roshea » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:19 pm

Diana's death is mirred in fog and confusion, allegation and counter allegation in exactly the same way as Madeleine.
I am now aware of TB's connections to MI5/smoke and confusion people.
Assume that's been passed on then,
Can see why ID has become such a big issue :shock:
roshea
Suspect

Postby bluebabe » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:04 am

I'm not sure i believe the fact of a drunken driver but it suits the administering of the case to try to shut people up. I know for a fact that assasinations do occur. I know of a Scientist who was threatened with death and had to go into hiding, so it happens. Diana was made out o be unbalanced but i do not believe she was at all and she forewarned that an accident in a car was planned, ten months before.

I do not believe that Mr Fayed would spend millions instigating such a case if he was certain,he too had a subtle warning to now leave it all alone,but he is not convinced and neither am i for what it is worth. Look at all the trouble towards Muslims,unless you are so rich you have an Arab Sheik behind you.

As for the press photo claiming she was looking a bit pregnant goodness me any young woman can put on a bit of weight at certain times of the monthly cycle. However if she was then i doubt the establishment would allow in view of the Heirs.

The treasury and Mr Fayed would fund the Court case,don't believe tax payer funded it at all.

Governments are never out of money and this current one has too many secrets that reminds me that MI6 would never tell the truth in Court no way are they going to divulge the Establishment secrets. Look at how high up the Queen is and how no one would allow her to go into the Court for evidence,no one dares to rip her to pieces so she and hubby could potentially instigate the perfect crime, after all her permission is the last word in instigating Wars. Her sister Margaret was equally unhappy under her ruling that she was not allowed to marry the man she loved.
bluebabe
New In Town

Postby Indigo » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:50 pm

How many times have we seen the video of them leaving the hotel. The driver walked remarkably straight for a man who was drunk, three times over the drink drive limit. :roll:

This whole inquest has been a waste of money. I would have been utterly shocked if there had been any other conclusion.
Indigo
New In Town

Return to The Royal Family - Past and Present