Queen was concerned over Dianas Connections with Fayed

The Royal Family, past and presnet. Princess Diana Inquest. News and all related articles

Queen was concerned over Dianas Connections with Fayed

Postby bjr » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:32 pm

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show ... fayed.html

London - A butler who served Britain's royal household for more than 20 years said Wednesday that Queen Elizabeth II had been "concerned" about Princess Diana's relationship with Dodi al-Fayed, with whom she died in a Paris car crash in 1997. Paul Burrell, during a third day of testimony at the inquest into Diana's and Dodi's death in London, said the queen had made her feelings known to him during a private meeting that took place after the couple were killed.

"Her Majesty was concerned that the Princess was rather overexcited at the moment," said Burrell, who also worked for Diana and became close to her.

"Her Majesty was concerned about the future," added Burrell.

During cross-questioning later by Michael Mansfield, the lawyer representing Dodi's father, Mohammed al-Fayed, Burrell said there were general concerns about Diana affairs and her political activities.

Mansfield suggested that from the point of view of the "establishment," the liaison between Diana and Dodi must have appeared like an "alliance from hell."

"I can't assume that ... I'm sure there were concerns," said the former butler.

Mohammed al-Fayed, the Egyptian owner of Harrod's department store in London, claims that Diana and his son were murdered by British secret agents at the behest of the royal family to stop Diana from having a "Muslim" child.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Return to The Royal Family - Past and Present