Utter Waste of Space

The Royal Family, past and presnet. Princess Diana Inquest. News and all related articles

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby librarising » Thu May 22, 2008 1:14 pm

the_last_name_left wrote:Monarchist anarchist? Crikey.......

no problem - "Come the revolution, I'll be first up against the wall"
It ain't over till the thin lady sings.
librarising
Been Cautioned

Postby Miss Take » Thu May 22, 2008 1:30 pm

librarising wrote:
Miss Take wrote:Diana is one of the most manipulative women I can think of in modern times. There's a reason her in-laws hated her. She wasn't the shy type she made out, else why the hell would she court the press like she did? We think the McCanns play the media, they're nothing on this woman.

She's REALLY scowling down at you now, a-flutter on her gossamer wings. (Mm perhaps that's an unfortunate image. 'Wings of gossamer', is that any better? No it's not really is it.)

Hehe, then I shall burn in hell with my primark horns. ;)

I do hate this not speaking ill of the dead thing. If someone was awful in life, they're not suddenly wonderful because they're dead. Hitler remains evil, loved and lost family members remain imperfect and Di remains a manipulative little so and so.

:blackeye:
"While it may be hugely entertaining and a bit of fun to think of cast lists, we are a million miles away from that sort of thing."

Miss Take
First Time Offender

Postby librarising » Thu May 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Miss Take wrote:Di remains a manipulative little so and so.

But nevertheless she is watching over us all, isn't she?
librarising
Been Cautioned

Postby KatzenWaffe » Thu May 22, 2008 1:35 pm

Sad Git wrote::rolls up sleeves with glee:

KatzenWaffe wrote:Shame on you Sir! Perhaps as your name suggests you may not be English in which case you can be forgiven.

Er....The Royals are supposed to be of BRITAIN, not just England. Even though half of them are Greek and the other half are German... Good Point! Agreed . Already discussed.

For all their shortcomings (their treatment of Princess Di etc.) They are much better than the alternative. Imagine President Thatcher, President Blair ,or even (God forbid) President Brown.

But you can vote out a Thatcher, a Blair, a Brown in the end. You're stuck with a Monarch for life.

Which is why I am so pleased the present one does such a good job.Imagine a President for life. Doesn't bear thinking about.

I really feel for the poor Americans having to accept a complete nincompoop such as Bush as the Head of State and the most revered person in the country.

See above. Also rightly or wrongly the US democratically elect their Head of State instead of having one foisted upon them.
How democratic in fact are democracies anyway?. Many Americans dispute the fact that the present president was democratically elected, see Michael Moore's book "Hey Dude, Wheres my country?"

At least our soldiers are able to swear allegiance to the Crown and not the Government.

They don't have a choice, we have no constitution and are mere subjects of the Crown.We seem to have managed OK without a written constitution for the past 1000 years,but yes considering the current attacks on our freedoms maybe we should have them formally enshrined in a document.

I think it is good to have as Head of State a person who is independent of any political party
and who stands above all the lying and corruption which seem to be an integral part of any political system.

And Royals are genetically incapable of lying or corruption?

No of course not , but there is no evidence of our present Royals being involved in corruption, whatever other faults they may have. But as for our political parties! They all seem to have sleaze coming out of their ears, whatever side of the political spectrum on. Isn't the present forum itself ,at least in part, about political corruption and cronyism?

The fact that the Queen has had access to state and cabinet papers since the late 1940s means that there is no one else in the country with her amount of political experience and she must be a vast source of knowledge which any prime minister can tap into if he wishes.

Like a Civil Servant you mean? But in a free country the "experience" argument should not be used as a way to keep the present incumbent in office for ever.

Granted it is not a reason to keep her in Power, but given the fact that she is in power, having this experience can only be a good thing IMO

I also think Prince Charles plays an important role in speaking up in favour of minority causes
such as Organic farming and alternative medicine.

Prince Charles... (lost for words) :shock: I am not attempting defend him personally, but some of the things he says. He has the right to hold his opinions and make them known, same as you and me,whether the majority agree or not is irrelevant

I feel sure that the forces of global capitalism would have done their best to shut down Homoeopathy (the best form of medicine IMHO) in this country were it not for the fact that the Royal Family use it.

And why should the Royal Family have the right to impose their ideas on the rest of society?Already answered this one in a seperate post.

Right so we now have the anti and pro royalist positions set out. It will be interesting to count the posts in favour of each side

COUNT REPUBLICAN +1 :mrgreen:

KatzenWaffe
You're Nicked

Postby Miss Take » Thu May 22, 2008 3:04 pm

librarising wrote:

Yes, yes - from her big yacht in the sky...
"While it may be hugely entertaining and a bit of fun to think of cast lists, we are a million miles away from that sort of thing."

Miss Take
First Time Offender

Postby librarising » Thu May 22, 2008 3:20 pm

Miss Take wrote:
librarising wrote:

Yes, yes - from her big yacht in the sky...

Oh thank heavens! I do hope it's a really lovely yacht.
librarising
Been Cautioned

Postby the_last_name_left » Thu May 22, 2008 3:21 pm

librarising wrote:
the_last_name_left wrote:Monarchist anarchist? Crikey.......

no problem - "Come the revolution, I'll be first up against the wall"

First time I've ever seen anyone volunteer! We need more like you.
the_last_name_left
You're Nicked

Postby Miss Take » Thu May 22, 2008 3:24 pm

librarising wrote:

Hehe ;)

Miss Take
First Time Offender

Postby librarising » Thu May 22, 2008 3:31 pm

Miss Take wrote:
librarising wrote:

Hehe ;)

MT, what are her wings like?
librarising
Been Cautioned

Postby hipohop » Thu May 22, 2008 3:52 pm

CaboFrio wrote: Have you an aversion to ironing boards?

chimaera wrote:I neither like or dislike them.
I am totally indifferent.

I don't think Phil can compete with a foldaway board, for looks and personality
hipohop
New In Town

Postby Miss Take » Thu May 22, 2008 4:16 pm

librarising wrote:
Miss Take wrote:
librarising wrote:

Hehe ;)

Oh, they're designer alright. Polka dots I do believe. With matching shoes and handbag - of course. It's what every angel needs. You're not a real angel unless your wings match the latest fashions you see. Not on a big yacht in the sky anyway.

I'll end up with normal wings, white ones that will go with anything, and I'll probably end up on a dinghy too.

Miss Take
First Time Offender

Postby librarising » Thu May 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Miss Take wrote:
librarising wrote:
Miss Take wrote:
librarising wrote:

Hehe ;)

Oh, they're designer alright. Polka dots I do believe. With matching shoes and handbag - of course. It's what every angel needs. You're not a real angel unless your wings match the latest fashions you see. Not on a big yacht in the sky anyway.

I'll end up with normal wings, white ones that will go with anything, and I'll probably end up on a dinghy too.

Ooh lovely!! Sounds like lovely old Barbara Carland is on the yacht too as her style advisor!!

MT how long do you think we'll have to keep this up before someone gets offended and we can have a laugh?

Sorry to hear about your dowdy old wings btw. But I expect you're right, not everyone can be special.
librarising
Been Cautioned

Postby KatzenWaffe » Thu May 22, 2008 6:12 pm

KatzenWaffe
You're Nicked

Postby Impartial » Thu May 22, 2008 6:20 pm

I like them

They represent everything that Britain was and no longer is:

excentric
funny
posh
"superior"
horsy
highbrow
glenchecked
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Postby librarising » Thu May 22, 2008 6:41 pm

KatzenWaffe wrote:Image

Eek! Lovely woman, salt of the earth, should be sainted...
librarising
Been Cautioned

PreviousNext

Return to The Royal Family - Past and Present